No Man's Sky - Part 2 - 1 thread down, 17,999,999,999,999,999,999 to go

RobBrown4PM

Pringles?
Oct 12, 2009
What No Man's Sky is is something that has never been done before. What some people seemed to think No Man's Sky was going to be is something completely impossible at this point in time.

Lol wut.

Suxnet

Jan 4, 2012
I thought this was a AAA title with all the hype it was getting. $60 for a shallow indie game? Ridiculous.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
This thread isn't at all what SniperHF promised when he was talking about a new no mans sky thread. He blatantly lied, most of what he promised is not present.

I'm posting this from mobile because when I opened the thread on my computer the browser crashed.

Anyway, what's the point of having a thread with 1,000 posts if they're all the same, with slight variations? You know all the posts are just going to be about how great the game is or how much the game sucks. Where's the variation there? Why should I bother checking in on new posts when they're just going to recap what's already been said.

Sniper is a liar and I'll be ashamed with you all if we allow #HFGeek to get away with this.

tumblr_inline_noi35pkxoW1qbqje6_500.gif

Reactions: Surrounded By Ahos

theotis77

Jul 25, 2005
I thought this was a AAA title with all the hype it was getting. $60 for a shallow indie game? Ridiculous.

Well, I mean, it's certainly not an innovative game like Call of Duty 16 Modern Warfare 8 Black Ops 4 Special Edition.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
You can't trot out gun play as a "featured video" and then say "well what were you expecting?" if the gun play is bad.

After watching that video I wondered why they highlighted it at all, because it looked really meh and kind of a tacked on element of it.

Suxnet

Jan 4, 2012
Well, I mean, it's certainly not an innovative game like Call of Duty 16 Modern Warfare 8 Black Ops 4 Special Edition.

I understand what you're saying. CoD is trash, EA NHL series is trash. This is the problem with the gaming industry. Little innovation for a big price, and unfortunately, a lot of people will eat it up. However, innovation by itself doesn't necessarily make a game great either. NMS is ambitious and the concept is great, but the final product is not; especially not for the price of 60 dollars. I'd buy it for $20, sure. More than I can say for CoD or a lot of other AAA garbage out there.

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
Really enjoying this game thus far. But this made me legit LOL.

mongolman

Nov 12, 2007
Indianapolis
Really enjoying this game thus far. But this made me legit LOL.

Ok that actually made me laugh.

But seriously, I love this game. I can understand how it may not be for everyone. I just very much enjoy the exploring aspect of the game (which in my opinion was the original intent of the game, and not all the other expectations people had, for whatever reason).

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Yeah that was pretty great. The world's are definitely more sparsely populated with wild life than originally shown I think that's something that could and if could, should, be patched.

Saskatoon

Aug 24, 2006
Saskatoon
I personally had my expectations in check with this game. I posted something on an IGN or Kotaku or Polygon article on the game the other day about how the potential for this game is huge as long as they continue to patch and build on the foundation they've laid out.

Someone responded that this game should have been as it is now, but with Call of Duty FPS combat and Mass Effect story.

That is why so many people are so venomous towards this game. They had totally unrealistic expectations as to what this game is.

Totally agree...don't understand how people expected 10 people to create two AAA titles in one (plus all the work they did with procedural generation).

I am having a blast with the game though. Not sure how common it is but I have already found 3 systems discovered by other people and I'm not too deep into the galaxy yet. I am having a hard time jumping over systems but my inventory is getting full of Warp cells so I should probably jump really deep then build up again.

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
Just found the Sac Venom motherload on a planet I decided to land on. They are literally everywhere and are selling for 26k a pop. Only thing that sucks is I only have space for a few of them so I keep having to trade them in every time I collect 5 or so. Plus the sentinels attact every time. But yeah, I'll be making a boatload of units on this planet.

Teezax

Nov 25, 2002
Montreal
Haven't encountered anything that was already discovered yet. Been to 3 different star systems thus far. Also, a tip, not sure if this was mentioned earlier in the thread but the sigma,theta etc. plans stack, and have more benefits if placed adjacent to each other in the inventory. FYI

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
I found a planet that has huge boulders made of gold all over the place

I mined them for a couple hours straight and was able to get a new ship and still have a million units left over

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Yeah that was pretty great. The world's are definitely more sparsely populated with wild life than originally shown I think that's something that could and if could, should, be patched.

They could but Sean was honest that most of the worlds wouldn't be garden worlds and finding big things would be rare.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
This thread isn't at all what SniperHF promised when he was talking about a new no mans sky thread. He blatantly lied, most of what he promised is not present.

I'm posting this from mobile because when I opened the thread on my computer the browser crashed.

Anyway, what's the point of having a thread with 1,000 posts if they're all the same, with slight variations? You know all the posts are just going to be about how great the game is or how much the game sucks. Where's the variation there? Why should I bother checking in on new posts when they're just going to recap what's already been said.

Sniper is a liar and I'll be ashamed with you all if we allow #HFGeek to get away with this.

#GOAT post my friend. Just lock the thread now. It's down hill from here.

theotis77

Jul 25, 2005
I found a planet the other day inhabited by T-Rexes with antlers, and flippers for tails.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
^ Nice!
Just found the Sac Venom motherload on a planet I decided to land on. They are literally everywhere and are selling for 26k a pop. Only thing that sucks is I only have space for a few of them so I keep having to trade them in every time I collect 5 or so. Plus the sentinels attact every time. But yeah, I'll be making a boatload of units on this planet.

What I do is bold but simple. I pick up three and then bolt until their attacks stop hitting me. Then I keep farming sacs and they still have their attention on me, but they chase me too slowly and are too far to hit me. So I farm every single one I see and then keep moving to keep the Sentinels away

I have about 70 slots now and about 50 of them are free so I make a killing on venom sac planets, but I moved on from my last system. It was getting a little repetitive and I wanted to see new things. I left the system with about 13 million units. If I keep saving I can either eventually buy a 40-50 inventory ship or just find one crashed. Either way, I'm getting close to the point where I'll have so much inventory that I can freely explore the game almost at will with only the occasional mining breaks. And from there be able to attack random ships for their cargo.

18Hossa

And Grace, Too
Oct 12, 2012
I prefer farming albumen pearls since they spawn in cave networks. I just find a cave entrance, check to make sure it doesn't end after 10ft then just start running through it picking up pearls since Sentinels rarely enter caves.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad