Confirmed with Link: No Captain This Season : Markov, Plekanec, Pacioretty & Subban Assistants

habitue*

Plekanec should had been named Captain.

having only an "A", might mean he won't be back next season, or gonna be dealt even before then.

The guy was captain of his home country team twice in the last two Olympic Games.

Puck Hog

May 2, 2013
You're looking way too much into it.

Nothing I haven't heard before :nod:

Look back to last year, rough start for Patches (& DD) and he seemed to take the criticism personally. if you start taking the weekly media-induced-hockey-shiiitestorms in this city personally - it's going to be #onetoughride.

BigTime

May 9, 2009
Most things implode before they explode, maybe you should change it to the status quo hates a vacuum.

I don't like 4A's, prime numbers are better, what happens if you have a tie?

The true captain of this team, Carey Price, breaks it

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah

having only an "A", might mean he won't be back next season, or gonna be dealt even before then.

The guy was captain of his home country team twice in the last two Olympic Games.
Or, that they want to wait a year before giving it to Max or PK. It doesn't always have to be negative you know, so stop looking for it.

habitue*

Or, that they want to wait a year before giving it to Max or PK. It doesn't always have to be negative you know, so stop looking for it.

In the meantime, they should had given the C to Plekky,then, even for a single season.

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
In the meantime, they should had given the C to Plekky,then, even for a single season.

In that scenario, I don't understand how stripping Markov or Plekanec of the C when this year is over to give it to Subban or Pacioretty is any better than just going with 4 A's.

Puck Hog

May 2, 2013

Completely agree. With Markov's supposed reluctance to take the captainship on, Plex is the clear cut 1B choice. It seems really odd he is not captain.

dkd

May 4, 2012
Canada
I didn't know this was an option. I thought every team must have an assigned captain.

Puck Hog

May 2, 2013
I'm actually relieved they went with no captain. No clear-cut #1 choice at this moment.

Not even Markov or Plex? I know they don't make Habs captains like they used too, any one of them is no worse than anybody in recent memory me thinks

Zilo44

Jul 4, 2012
From almost the time Gionta put on the C I have been hearing how Gorges was going to be the next one, and I am soooooo glad that didn't happen.

So many Next Captain threads , so many wasted pixels. In the end this looks good for now.
It's crazy how things change quickly in hockey. Remember how Komisarek and Gorges were "locks" for captain

ThaDevilGirl

Every day is a day off
Oct 1, 2006
YUL
Not even Markov or Plex? I know they don't make Habs captains like they used too, any one of them is no worse than anybody in recent memory me thinks

I respect what they have done throughout their careers with the Habs but I rather have a captain for the long haul this time around. PK and Max are prime candidates, unless someone else steps up.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
The way I see it...

Plekanec didn't get the captaincy because his time with the Habs isn't for long (sorry, I know not a popular opinion, but it's the truth, whether via trade or via his contract coming to an end after next season)

Markov didn't get the captaincy probably because he didn't want it or management feels that he doesn't have the temperament to handle all the off-ice stuff

Both Pacioretty & Subban are being groomed to be the next in line...I put my money on PK Subban but Pacioretty is right there

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
Pretty sure the guys are fine with 4 As. Leadership rarely comes from one guy anyways.

I guess the plan is to make PK the captain next year. Especially if he has another good year to begin his contract.

Big Lurk

Aug 2, 2013
In other news, Stephane Langdeau is really trying to push the "Plekanec will be traded'' agenda.
Like, really hard.

He is such a tool.

Watoosh21

Jul 15, 2013
Montreal
10522844_1483792655203441_338721820_n.jpg

Markov looks thrilled :laugh:

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Thank god for 24CH, now we can all be experts on leadership and the captaincy and what goes on in the locker rooms.

You have to be the biggest Gorges hater if you think he was not one of the leaders on the Habs.

Anyways thanks for your input Mr Sutton.

shawdowmaker

Dec 20, 2011
Montreal
I initially disagreed with the decision but upon further analysis I think it’s the right one. Pathches and Subban are the future of this team. If the habs are going to win anything in the near future their going to have to lead the charge. The rest is PR …

habitue*

So you would rather a scenario where we strip Plekanec of the C, ala Thornton/Marleau, then just wait a season to decide? Classy.

No. It's not what I meant (if you could had read properly)...

they should had given him the C now for a year or two. Until he is dealt away or leaves as a UFA.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
I'm pretty indifferent to the decision.

In somewhat related news, GOD I'M HAPPY THAT THE WHOLE LANGUAGE CRAP WAS MOSTLY, IF NOT WHOLELY LEFT ASIDE BY THE MEDIA AND THE ORG.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $200.00