NLDS: St. Louis Cardinals vs Chicago Cubs

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
So at very least you don't deny it happens and that Cub fans are among the worst in sport. Thank You!

Meh, grading fans is always stupid. Cubs fans are just as annoying as every other team's fans, people just think we're worse because there's no hardware to back it up. I think that's a plus, personally.
As for your experience in 2005 ,, you would be in minority as Cub fans actively were rooting for there division rival to beat Sox
Add me to that minority. I was at a Chicago bar for every game, and while it was tough, I rooted for the team with Chicago on the front of their uniforms. Then again, I'm way outside of Chicago and it may have been a hometown pride thing added to the fact that I haven't met a White Sox in the wild more than ten times, and therefore don't have to deal with them.
And Cub fans should actually win something before comparing team to 85 Bears , 90's Bulls , 05 White Sox and 10/13/15 Hawks.
Okay.

BGDDYKWL

Jul 16, 2007
Now we're talking about the Cubs being a potential dynasty, guys?
You have two aces, they'll likely sign a third stud starting pitcher in the offseason, and essentially the entire team is very young. Guys like Bryant, Rizzo, Soler, Schwarber, Russell, Baez, as good as they are, they'll probably get even better. That's downright scary.

I don't have anything against the Cubs, but I hope they get lit the **** up in the NLCS.
Sure sounds like you do.

Pwnasaurus

Feb 21, 2003
Robot City
Wasn't that after they had already won a World Series, though? Or was it leading up to it?

It was after I believe and by after I mean after the 2nd championship, you know, just in case. We made the guy's life and the lives of his family, a living hell for decades but since we won a few more games this time, let's have him back! I would think they likely invited him back other times over the course of time, but I would assume but Buckner declined out of bitterness for the treatment.

Last edited:

Stu Grimson

Apr 16, 2014
Meh, grading fans is always stupid.
Okay.

Yeah, BWC you need to stop worrying about Cubs fans and what they do has no bearing on what your team does. Sox fans like you sound like the crybaby kid who cries to mommy anytime the neighbor kid gets a shinny new toy.

LetsGoBLUES91

Jan 8, 2013
You have two aces, they'll likely sign a third stud starting pitcher in the offseason, and essentially the entire team is very young. Guys like Bryant, Rizzo, Soler, Schwarber, Russell, Baez, as good as they are, they'll probably get even better. That's downright scary.

Sure sounds like you do.

Their lineup is ridiculous but you are really overrating their pitching. Cubs pitching is not very good. In fact it's brutal after Arietta.

They just beat the snot out of a wounded animal in St Louis half the team out or playing hurt. I'd be shocked if they beat either LA or NY. Especially the Mets I really think they're the team to beat should they win tonight.

I'm not sure if I want the Cubs to win or not. I'm torn. It would be great television.

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
Their lineup is ridiculous but you are really overrating their pitching. Cubs pitching is not very good. In fact it's brutal after Arietta.

They just beat the snot out of a wounded animal in St Louis half the team out or playing hurt. I'd be shocked if they beat either LA or NY. Especially the Mets I really think they're the team to beat should they win tonight.

I'm not sure if I want the Cubs to win or not. I'm torn. It would be great television.

Jon Lester is a terrible pitcher now? Thanks for letting us now I guess. I think pretty much everyone else around the league was still under the impression that he's still a good pitcher.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
Pitching I would take the Cubs over LA. LA has a terrible 3 and 4. Hendricks had a tough start but he did close the year well. Hammel isn't great but he is a vet and can have days. Wood is atrocious and who is the other guy? Bulsinger. Inexperienced.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
It is funny though that every weekend this summer late at night on one of the ESPN channels I've seen Catching Hell on. What did ESPN know? It would be funny to watch again though of they won it all.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Pitching I would take the Cubs over LA. LA has a terrible 3 and 4. Hendricks had a tough start but he did close the year well. Hammel isn't great but he is a vet and can have days. Wood is atrocious and who is the other guy? Bulsinger. Inexperienced.

Right now, I'd say Greinke = Arrieta. Then Kershaw > Lester. Anderson = Hendricks. Hammel and Wood are both wild cards. Neither bullpen is too great

Honey Bear

Fan of Losing Teams
Feb 3, 2012
SF Bay Area/Boston
Right now, I'd say Greinke = Arrieta. Then Kershaw > Lester. Anderson = Hendricks. Hammel and Wood are both wild cards. Neither bullpen is too great

Hendricks is better than Anderson right now. By right now I mean his last 5 or 6 starts, he's been pretty solid. Anderson

We probably have an overall deeper rotation, and a slightly better bullpen with the exception of closer which the dodgers have the big advantage in.

KaylaJ

i bent my wookie
Mar 12, 2009
hell
Bartman has declined everything since day 1 including a LOT of money a LOT of publicity and probably a LOT of Cubs gear. He has said no to everything including a Super Bowl commercial and whenever there is money raised he asks for it to be given to a charity. It'd be nice if the Cubs won for people to just leave him alone.

It was after I believe and by after I mean after the 2nd championship, you know, just in case. We made the guy's life and the lives of his family, a living hell for decades but since we won a few more games this time, let's have him back! I would think they likely invited him back other times over the course of time, but I would assume but Buckner declined out of bitterness for the treatment.

You're correct. He was on Bartman's 30 for 30 on ESPN and he was invited out after the 1st championship but said he still felt angry over Boston media esp with how they treated his family. I think one of the reasons he started to come around was because his daughter is now part of the media.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Hendricks is better than Anderson right now. By right now I mean his last 5 or 6 starts, he's been pretty solid. Anderson

We probably have an overall deeper rotation, and a slightly better bullpen with the exception of closer which the dodgers have the big advantage in.

Meh. It's a tossup between Hendricks and Anderson for me, to be honest. Neither really holds an advantage.

Deepness doesn't matter as much in the playoffs. See the Giants last year. And yeah, I don't trust either of the bullpens to hold a lead.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008

No, you're correct. Hendricks has been better than Anderson this entire season as a whole.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
A big advantage for the Cubs is the lineup. On LA there's one big threat...Gonzalez. The Cubs have a good lineup except for the day David Ross plays. He is a weak link. I'd pitch around Gonzalez unless the lead is big and nobody else is on. Make everyone else beat you. Turner is okay but he still wouldn't intimidate guys like Gonzo can. If Puig were playing that lineup would atleast have some power and speed at the top.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
Bartman has declined everything since day 1 including a LOT of money a LOT of publicity and probably a LOT of Cubs gear. He has said no to everything including a Super Bowl commercial and whenever there is money raised he asks for it to be given to a charity. It'd be nice if the Cubs won for people to just leave him alone.

You're correct. He was on Bartman's 30 for 30 on ESPN and he was invited out after the 1st championship but said he still felt angry over Boston media esp with how they treated his family. I think one of the reasons he started to come around was because his daughter is now part of the media.

I think that's great by Bartman but I think this apology would be huge. Maybe it could allow him to live life free again and sort of get back to a normal life.

robert terwilliger

the bart, the
Nov 14, 2005
sw florida

they really should leave him alone and stop trying to get him involved in everything. alou should apologize as well because he ****ing started it.

buckner i felt awful for because he did everything he could to get to that ball but even if he did, he never beats wilson to the bag. he shouldn't have been on the field to begin with.

KaylaJ

i bent my wookie
Mar 12, 2009
hell
I think that's great by Bartman but I think this apology would be huge. Maybe it could allow him to live life free again and sort of get back to a normal life.

I think it's kinda unfair that he would have to throw himself out into the public eye again after all the **** he went through just so he could live not being hounded by media. I mean even the Gov'n suggested witness protection (which is kinda funny considering what's happened to him since). Pretty sure that dude in the 30 for 30 would still beat him up considering how proud he was to be kicked out of that game and admitted he waited around after for Bartman. Also it's been noted he still gets death threats and could you imagine if he went and the Cubs lost?

they really should leave him alone and stop trying to get him involved in everything. alou should apologize as well because he ****ing started it.

buckner i felt awful for because he did everything he could to get to that ball but even if he did, he never beats wilson to the bag. he shouldn't have been on the field to begin with.

They track down Alou in the DR in the doc as well. He seems almost unsympathetic like what about me? cause he always gets asked about it and how his tantrum was more of hey, it was a moment thing. Also, IIRC after that play he kinda admits he didn't really like the Cubs chances after that not just in Game 6, but the whole series. For being such favorites they seemed to be mental midgets

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad