NLDS: St. Louis Cardinals vs Chicago Cubs

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
depends on when arrieta pitches again. if game 3 i dont know, if he can go game 2 then i say good chance cubs

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Way too good of a match-up for this round.

The Cards will likely only have to face Arrieta once, so this really is a toss-up in my book. 2 games of Arrieta would be hard to overcome given his historic run.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
Rooting for the Cubs, like probably everyone that is not a Cards fan.

Cardinals losing Martinez could be the difference in this series.

Also, how healthy will Molina be?

DougieSmash

WE'RE IN! WE'RE IN! YES! YES! WOO!
Jan 2, 2009
Well, Arrieta is unreal but Cubs also have Jon Lester - he's something like dominate in playoffs. Not sure who is Cubs third starter though.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Lackey wins game 1 as he is unreal at home.
Cubs 3rd starter < Jamie Garcia
Arrieta wins game 3
Lynn finishes the series out.

Cards in 4

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Heart says Cubs, head says Cards.

Should be a great series either way. :nod:

Also.....wait, what? This is the first time these teams have met in the postseason?! For two teams that have been around for over a century, I did not think that was possible.

Although....I guess when one of those teams hasn't won anything in over a century, anything's possible.

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
One thing that could have a big say in which direction this series swings is the health of Yadier Molina. Last report I saw said that he was "cleared for an attempt to make the postseason roster". That sounds sufficiently vague. As many injuries as the Cardinals have endured, being without Yadi in the playoffs could definitely be the straw that breaks the Cardinals' back

Gootie

GOATie
Jul 28, 2010
Chicago
Heart says Cubs, head says Cards.

Should be a great series either way. :nod:

Also.....wait, what? This is the first time these teams have met in the postseason?! For two teams that have been around for over a century, I did not think that was possible.

Although....I guess when one of those teams hasn't won anything in over a century, anything's possible.
I thought they weren't even able to play each other in the playoffs until they added the first wild card.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Do you think La Stella will be the full time starting 3B or do you think we will see a lot of Coghlan, Soler, Baez, Jackson, and Denorfia?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad