NLCS: New York Mets vs Chicago Cubs

S A W F T*

[mod]Lmfao. Hope the Cubs have another meltdown just like they did in the 2003 NLCS. Losers.
yao.png

And it's not like the majority of the Cubs fan base is 80 and 90 years old. Not like ya'll have lived through World War I and II. Fans going to Wrigley are in their 20's, 30's, middle age range, etc. Just like any other fan base. And there's lots of other fan bases that have gone through torture and never even experienced their team winning a championship.

LOL Someone had a bad day.

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
That's kinda a lie. They have an ownership share(I have one) but you can't sell it or anything. You get privy to merchandise and you can attend an annual meeting but you have no say on anything regarding the team and how anything is run.

Yeah, it's not like the fans are making any decisions about the team at all. I just meant that you could argue that since there are like 400,000 owners or shareholders it's a bit of a different situation in that there is much more a direct link. Very strange situation having a team be a publicly owned entity. Wisconsin man.

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
And before the Cubs became the Cubs. Both teams are better than they were 4 months ago.

Tortured fanbases? How on earth are the Mets tortured?:laugh:

Seriously.

I don't think as a Cubs fan I deserve or am entitled to a championship more than anyone else.

But just like any other fanbase? Nah. Generational fan angst is a thing.

Mightygoose

Nov 5, 2012
Ajax, ON
Going with Cubs in 7. Would love to see the curse of the goat go down and keep the Back to the Future prediction going strong.....for a another week or two :D

JS19

Legends Never Die
Aug 14, 2009
The Shark Tank
ALCS and NLCS are gonna be some of the most exciting series.

Hope the Cubs win. I think they'll take this in 7 games.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Seriously.

I don't think as a Cubs fan I deserve or am entitled to a championship more than anyone else.

But just like any other fanbase? Nah. Generational fan angst is a thing.

Agreed. It's not just that I'm a 30 year old that hasn't seen a Cubs World Series, there's also my dad who's thirty years older than me who's never seen a Cubs World Series and then my grandpa who was 90 when he passed away and had only the most passing of memories of any Chicago World Series title. That's a lot of pent up frustration in a fanbase's veins.

But I do agree that no fanbase is entitled to a championship in any sport more so than any other.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Mets pitching is better top to bottom than Chicago.

Mets bats never really woke up outside of game 3. I really don't think Wright and Duda, and to an extent Cespedes, will be as trash as they were against LA.

solventless710

Jan 5, 2005
Now we're talking about the Cubs being a potential dynasty, guys?

662006611c34f47ce3b7060b99fe9a4b.jpg

I don't have anything against the Cubs, but I hope they get lit the **** up in the NLCS.

And I genuinely don't have anything against the Cubs with the exception of Fernando Rodney and Joe Maddon. My team is in the American League, I can't even remember the last time they played the Cubs.

So no, I don't hate the Cubs. It was the potential dynasty talk and hearing about how Cubs fans ''deserve'' to see a championship which makes me want to see them get destroyed in NLCS.

Last edited by a moderator:

DougieSmash

WE'RE IN! WE'RE IN! YES! YES! WOO!
Jan 2, 2009
Mets pitching depth is insane but the difference between Arrieta, Lester, DeGrom and Harvey is not that large. Cubs - better manager and underrated offense.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Mets pitching depth is insane but the difference between Arrieta, Lester, DeGrom and Harvey is not that large. Cubs - better manager and underrated offense.

Is there a reason you ignored Syndergaard? I don't think Lester touches the other three pitchers you mentioned, but chalk that one up to a judgment call.

And honestly, Collins has gotten a lot of crap from Mets fans, but I can't really think of an instance of him putting a foot wrong so far in the postseason.

DougieSmash

WE'RE IN! WE'RE IN! YES! YES! WOO!
Jan 2, 2009
think Lester touches the other three pitchers you mentioned.
I wonder why suddenly people start to underrated so much Jon Lester? He's still top 15 pitcher in the entire league, with pretty great playoff performance over last few seasons.

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
Cubs in 5.

Not rooting for either team to be victorious, just think the Cubs are the better team.

Although as a neutral fan, would love to see it go 7 for drama sake.

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
As a Jays fan, here are the scenarios:

We beat KC and everyone loves us.

If we face the Mets, we can't lose. Well that's not true. We can lose as long as Syndergaard and d'Arneau don't dominate us and Dickey doesn't get wrecked. otherwise we would never hear the end of it. If we beat the Mets, NYC and Mets fans are upset but unlikely that there is much more backlash than that.

If we were to beat the Cubs we'll be the most hated team in the MLB and the US. I think I'd be Ok with that though. If we lose to the Cubs I'd be upset, but just because we lost. I like the Cubs but if they win I dunno how unbearable their fans might be.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad