Confirmed Trade: [NJD/TOR] Andreas Johnsson for Joey Anderson

Dustin

Sep 24, 2014
Shame to see Johnsson go. Especially after his run he had with the Marlies just a couple of years ago. Good luck in NJ.

Cotton

May 13, 2013
and Leafs fans went on and on about how valuable Johnsson was and all they get back is an average 22 year old prospect.

If you don’t know the players involved why say silly things? As everybody knows the Leafs need to clear cap, the result of that is Jersey just got a good player for peanuts.

Reactions: DANTHEMAN1967

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Good move for the devils....
Necessary move for the leafs

granted I do think it’s funny a lot of leafs had aj as main part of a manson trade, some even said they thought aj with a slight add was fair for Manson

Lol Joey Anderson

Reactions: MarkusKetterer

Rude Dog

Dec 22, 2008
Going to miss Johnsson. Best player for the Marlies when they won the Calder. Wish him well. Casualty of the cap. Good player.

Dustin

Sep 24, 2014
Why are all these people going about what's Leaf fans were saying before. Apparently only Leaf fans over rate their own players and second off I guess Leaf fans were supposed to know that Covid was going to limit the value of players before it even happened....

Reactions: qqaz

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Why are all these people going about what's Leaf fans were saying before. Apparently only Leaf fans over rate their own players and second off I guess Leaf fans were supposed to know that Covid was going to limit the value of players before it even happened....
No aj just never had the type of value, that was claimed.
He’s a solid middle 6 forward coming off injury, most teams have players that can fill that role internally. Aj to devils makes a lot of sense tho

axlrose87

Jul 13, 2018
So you really think Mikeyev and Hyman have both more offensive talent than Johnsson?
Absolutely.... and I watch every single game.
Your evaluation of Hyman is hilarious.
If you don’t think he is a top 6 player, then you haven’t watched him play much (which I believe is the case)

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Johnsson is a good player. Not a cap dump. Regardless of what the Leafs get back, Devils are getting a good player here.

Not saying he's a cap dump, but he was a half PPG player while playing almost exclusively with Matthews both 5 on 5 and on the PP.

He's not gonna get nearly that good of a situation in New Jersey.

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
Anyone remember when Johnsson was worth an early 2nd, or the main piece for a top 4 tough RHD? Pepperidge Farm remembers.

Pepperidge Farm doesn’t remember who Joey Anderson is though
Remember when Kasperi Kapanen got traded for 15th overall? That's when Johnsson was worth an early 2nd.

Remember when Tyler Johnson cleared waivers? That's when Johnsson got traded.

Rude Dog

Dec 22, 2008
Anyone remember when Johnsson was worth an early 2nd, or the main piece for a top 4 tough RHD? Pepperidge Farm remembers.

Pepperidge Farm doesn’t remember who Joey Anderson is though

Does Pepperidge remember life pre covid pre flat cap? His value should have been a 2nd. Times are changing. Murray really worth a 5th?

Reactions: Dustin

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
Good move for the devils....
Necessary move for the leafs

granted I do think it’s funny a lot of leafs had aj as main part of a manson trade, some even said they thought aj with a slight add was fair for Manson

Lol Joey Anderson
strong Sausalito and Milano cookies game

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
Not saying he's a cap dump, but he was a half PPG player while playing almost exclusively with Matthews both 5 on 5 and on the PP.

He's not gonna get nearly that good of a situation in New Jersey.

Good lord you could not be more wrong. You think Andreas Johnsson was on our 1st powerplay unit? Lmao

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad