Confirmed Trade: [NJD/TOR] Andreas Johnsson for Joey Anderson

Funk21

Mar 6, 2013
Toronto
Was hoping we could have flipped both AJ and Kerfoot for picks (2/3rd). As long as Anderson is willing to take a 700K two way deal this is not terrible. Hopefully he has some mild upside and from the sounds of it defensively responsible.

I still feel like Andersen May be in play with a 3 way involving CBJ.

ER89

Jul 25, 2018
I know Nylander is much better than johnsson But I don’t think he’s a giy you want on the ice in a game 7 down a goal. Would have preferred to trade nylander for more defensive help
You mean like when we were 3 down and facing elimination in game four and he was on the ice and score the first goal and assisted on another to help the comeback? Hmmm yeah wouldn't want that guy either. He scores too much. I agree, i'd rather hit a guy causing the puck to somehow go into the net.

TopCheese

Mar 16, 2016
canada
You mean like when we were 3 down and facing elimination in game four and he was on the ice and score the first goal and assisted on another to help the comeback? Hmmm yeah wouldn't want that guy either. He scores too much. I agree, i'd rather hit a guy causing the puck to somehow go into the net.
The guy has 5 goals in 25 playoff games. No, I don’t want that guy for 7mil

ER89

Jul 25, 2018
The guy has 5 goals in 25 playoff games. No, I don’t want that guy for 7mil
So now its not just game sevens you're expanding the argument to 5 goals in 25 games? also thats some awesome sample size. Great decision.

Brewsky

King Of The Ice Mugs
Jan 26, 2011
King County
www.brewsky.com
Wait what ? When talking Brodie defensive minded is what he is noted for ? Compared to Barrie maybe.
I’m not a a leafs fan but overall , to me, your team looks better now than last year . D looks way better but the bottom 6 is not as good.

Yeah I'm talking about the additions vs. the subtractions, not the additions as a standalone. I'm comparing them from what they have vs. what they had. Hence why I included the part of "all the players now on the Leafs are the same", then contrasted it with what they have now.

Knies iT

Mar 6, 2015
I know Nylander is much better than johnsson But I don’t think he’s a giy you want on the ice in a game 7 down a goal. Would have preferred to trade nylander for more defensive help
This is the same logic that led a sizeable number of Leafs fans to prefer Frattin over Kadri in his early days.

Yeah, who wants an elite offensive talent on the ice down a goal when you can have a complementary 3rd liner. Checks out.

shaner8989

Aug 6, 2005
Johnsson put up some brutal numbers playing with elite talent. Was with Matthews for along time before he got moved down and then hurt.

He’s a 7th rd pick who developed a lot better then expected but he’s not worth 3.5 mill

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
Johnsson put up some brutal numbers playing with elite talent. Was with Matthews for along time before he got moved down and then hurt.

He’s a 7th rd pick who developed a lot better then expected but he’s not worth 3.5 mill
Brutal numbers?

This is just a bad take and seems like sour grapes. .5ppg players are always worth more than 3.5 mil also so thats just flat out wrong

qqaz

Think Happy Thoughts
Oct 25, 2018
Anyone elseelse struggle to read this thread title every time?

I'm always like "Anders Johnson for John Anderson"?

The90

Feb 27, 2017
You would have to ask Topcheese.

If you are asking me I'm pretty sure contract evaluation is based on more than just goals and points.
Noted. How much of it is related to whether or not they play for the leafs?

Dustin

Sep 24, 2014
Depends on the player I guess. There's a pretty long list of players who have reportedly taken less to play for the Leafs. There is certainly a long list of people who think the Leafs over pay players too.

MakeCgyGreatAgain

Feb 3, 2003
Calgary, AB
Devils get a very good player, Leafs make cap space. Reasonable move for both teams.
I think fans of other teams are just trying to get their told you so’s in because for months Leafs fans were talking about getting great value for him. I could care less about this trade but it seems like a salary dump for the Leafs. I don’t know much about Anderson.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

shaner8989

Aug 6, 2005
Brutal numbers?

This is just a bad take and seems like sour grapes. .5ppg players are always worth more than 3.5 mil also so thats just flat out wrong

playing with Matthews. 8 goals in 43 games is putrid have fun with him. Guarantee he scores less then 20

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
playing with Matthews. 8 goals in 43 games is putrid have fun with him. Guarantee he scores less then 20
Bitter fan is bitter!

Johnsson will do just fine for NJ - just remember, Toronto and Jersey played the same amount of playoff games this year

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
I think fans of other teams are just trying to get their told you so’s in because for months Leafs fans were talking about getting great value for him. I could care less about this trade but it seems like a salary dump for the Leafs. I don’t know much about Anderson.
Yes, we have arrived at a point where a players value is essentially balanced off by his salary. Most players aren't worth much if anything.

TheFinalWord

Apr 25, 2005
Devil's fans will like Johnsson. He's undercover good. Injuries make people forget how good he was. Not going to blow the doors off, but he'll get his numbers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad