GDT: NJD@PHI 7.30PM - Rare Ray Shero Interview Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whaddagoal

Junktime season...
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
There is massive roster turnover this year. I get that everyone wants to be impatient and overreact, but it’s ridiculous. We started 4-0 last year. St. Louis was the worst team in the league months into the season. Just calm down and let the team gel. They don’t need even more turnover right now.

The St. Louis situation is extremely rare. Yes, it happened last year, but don't get sucked into it. Most teams at bottom of standings by end of november. will likely stay around there by seasons end.

Its a great anomaly happy story for them, but it isn't gonna make me feel any more patient with this debacle. Haha.

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
There is massive roster turnover this year. I get that everyone wants to be impatient and overreact, but it’s ridiculous. We started 4-0 last year. St. Louis was the worst team in the league months into the season. Just calm down and let the team gel. They don’t need even more turnover right now.

Bullshit. One of the reasons why St. Louis turned it around was that they fired their coach. Their advanced stats picked up after the firing (and then Bennington came in to stabilize the goaltending). If they had kept Yeo they would have finished in the basement.

Hynes has lost the benefit of the doubt. They need to be proactive.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Is anyone else worried that Shero lost his job with the pens because of his loyalty to disco dan? Hopefully he has evolved.

Haha I was just thinking this same thing. Doesn't look like he learned. He loves his tiny defenseman and crappy coaches. He has done such a tremendous job with the rest of the roster and the scouting staff, though. Don't make me hate you Ray!

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I'm not exactly for firing him right now (I am for firing Kowalsky at any time now) but we're getting very close to the ''Shit or get off the bowl'' point with him.

One playoff berth in 5 years (if we miss this year) is not enough to get a sixth year with the same team. No matter how bad the roster was the first couple years or how bad the goalies have been.

bobilly45

Jan 1, 2013
The St. Louis situation is extremely rare. Yes, it happened last year, but don't get sucked into it. Most teams at bottom of standings by end of november. will likely stay around there by seasons end.

Its a great anomaly happy story for them, but it isn't gonna make me feel any more patient with this debacle. Haha.

Back when doc was still with us I remember him saying it was around 80% that the teams below the playoff line come Thanksgiving dont make the playoffs...

Unknown Caller

Apr 30, 2009
We had a training camp and preseason to get the new guys integrated. That they spent most of that time bingo balling the lines and playing players who had no chance of making the team far too much is poor roster management.

LOL at training camp and preseason. Yeah, because playing teams half full of AHL scrubs is the same as when the lights come on against teams that have played together for years.

Reactions: tealhockey

haak84

Oct 18, 2017
Lol this team has been the worst in hockey since extended hynes but let’s give him 20 more.

Tundra

Oct 20, 2005
I wonder if Hall would go to Montreal. The Canadians have a loaded system.

Unknown Caller

Apr 30, 2009
Bull****. One of the reasons why St. Louis turned it around was that they fired their coach. Their advanced stats picked up after the firing (and then Bennington came in to stabilize the goaltending). If they had kept Yeo they would have finished in the basement.

Hynes has lost the benefit of the doubt. They need to be proactive.

Hynes will get this team into the playoffs. And he has clearly stated countless times that he uses analytics on a nightly basis. Stop being impatient.

Devilsfan118

Sing us a song, you're the Schiano man
Jun 11, 2010
NJ
This team looks absolutely f***ing pathetic. What a disgusting display tonight - I'm pissed that I bothered watching.

Why waste my evening if the team doesn't want to even show up?

Reactions: Whaddagoal

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Just look how slow the puck movement on the PP is compared to the Flyers

Because no one knows where to go with the puck. They get it and have to scan the whole rink looking for an open player before doing anything. That will never work. There is no system or structure at all. Nothing is instinctive. It's all reactive.

This reminds me of watching an MLS team compared to a Premier League team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad