GDT: NJD@PHI 7.30PM - Rare Ray Shero Interview Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Nico is fighting the puck but working hard. I think Hall is as well. They will find success eventually. Gusev and Hughes are feeling their way. Hughes is showing some improvement. At least he is physically trying to get involved compared to the first two games. Cory has played well. Wood is trying but has limited skills. It’s frustrating but this is the team for this season so hopefully they don’t mail it in and start finding the back of the other team’s net.

Reactions: Devilcake

palek1019

Oct 7, 2017
How much time does Hynes have? Realistically?

I mean, the defense was always going to be a concern, but a team with this talent lay an egg on a 2 minute 5 on 3 PP? The PK was the only positive last season and now that's tanked too? I've tried to be patient with the coaching staff. 2 seasons ago was possible after a monster season by Hall. So maybe the talent was the issue. But now? With this talent? It shouldn't be this painful to watch. Then again, the 180 the team did when Lemaire came in goes to show how important coaching is. So, really, how much time does Hynes have to get it together?

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
And for those who say it's too early for a coaching change, the Blackhawks canned whoever their coach was (Savard?) four games into a season for Quenneville and got to the WCF that year.
The Flyers fired Laviolette 3 games into the 13-14 season. They continued to struggle for another month or so after that, but did make the playoffs that year and got to game 7 against what became the Eastern Conference champion Rangers in the first round.

Auto Pilot

Sep 7, 2019
Hey were a fast skilled team why dont we play a gritty gritty style of game which causes us to dump in and lose possession constantly?

bobilly45

Jan 1, 2013
Apparently generationally bad coaching trumps a team of good to very good players.

Our defense is an issue, won't disagree, but it's not this bad. We could have Stevens, Neidermayer, Rafalski and Dano in their primes back there and I honestly, truly don't think it would make much difference right now. The team is lost.

And have a prime Brodeur and still suck

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
coleman has been the best devils player in each of our games so far. that’s nice and all, but that really shouldn’t be the case

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
It's Johnny Mac relived.

Hynes might be gone by the end of October at this rate. From everything Shero has said, this was not the plan for this season.

We're either gonna make the playoffs this year and Hynes lives to coach next year here, or we miss the playoffs and he coaches his last game here in April at the very latest, if not earlier than that.

If the team continues this way there is no chance Hynes makes it to Halloween. Noway with all the hype from the summer and the eyes being on this team they have to make a move

Reactions: Bleedred

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
tenor.gif

Unknown Caller

Apr 30, 2009

I mean, the defense was always going to be a concern, but a team with this talent lay an egg on a 2 minute 5 on 3 PP? The PK was the only positive last season and now that's tanked too? I've tried to be patient with the coaching staff. 2 seasons ago was possible after a monster season by Hall. So maybe the talent was the issue. But now? With this talent? It shouldn't be this painful to watch. Then again, I'll never forget the 180 the team did when Lemaire came in. So, really, how much time does Hynes have to get it together?

30 games. A lot of these guys have played 3 regular season games under him. Just let it play out.

Reactions: palek1019

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
It’s almost as if we have an entirely new team with 50% roster turnover or something..
We had a training camp and preseason to get the new guys integrated. That they spent most of that time bingo balling the lines and playing players who had no chance of making the team far too much is poor roster management.

Reactions: Tretyak 20

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011

I mean, the defense was always going to be a concern, but a team with this talent lay an egg on a 2 minute 5 on 3 PP? The PK was the only positive last season and now that's tanked too? I've tried to be patient with the coaching staff. 2 seasons ago was possible after a monster season by Hall. So maybe the talent was the issue. But now? With this talent? It shouldn't be this painful to watch. Then again, I'll never forget the 180 the team did when Lemaire came in. So, really, how much time does Hynes have to get it together?
The PK shouldn't have been touched after last game. It's clearly been much worse this game than anything we've seen so far.

The PK was bad last game because Blackwood gave up some ugly goals on it. Maybe one of those goals on the PK last game was one he had no chance on. The PK looked even worse tonight. Rooney and Hayden aren't for the NHL and if you have to absolutely play one of them, you shouldn't be playing two of them and surely not on the same PK unit. You're essentially turning it into a 5 on 2.

Reactions: palek1019

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010

3 years or until the owners can the whole staff and Shero I would guess. I honestly don't think John's seat is even warm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->