Confirmed Signing with Link: [NJD] F Timo Meier signs extension with the Devils (8 years, $8.8M AAV)

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
This is a very black and white way of looking at how he produces and not at all indicative of anything other than your ability to look at stat sheets.
fully agree

i hope the devils signed him to win more playoff rounds. if he scores 60, 70, 80 or even 90 points doesn't really matter

Reactions: Tundra

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Devils looking damn good, get a goalie and your laughing

Logan Thompson/Connor Hellebuyck at 50%

I'm not the one who gets all defensive when someone puts down the rangers on a GENERAL sub and starts yelling that everyone is getting triggered lmao

I literally got bitched at the other day by a group of Rags fans for saying Branden Schneider wasn't worth the 11th overall pick, stop acting like you're some sort of martyr. You're clearly made that comment to get under the skin of Devils fans as opposed to having any serious conversation.

Reactions: vtdevils2k

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
So this is the lineup we are looking at right now:

Meier-Hughes-Mercer
Bratt-Hischier-Toffoli
Palat-Haula-Clarke/Holtz
Foote-McLeod-Bastian/Lazar

Bahl-Hamilton
Hughes-Marino
Siegenthaler-Nemec

Vanecek
Schmid

I wonder what the Devils would have to add to send Vanecek to Winnipeg for Hellebuyck.

vtdevils2k

"Lets Go Baby!"
Dec 16, 2013
Virginia
Idk why you guys respond/fall to the bait of Crypto who does this all the time. Ignore his "haha's" to every devils post.

Happy to have Timo on board. Apparently Fitz has another move and isn't done.

Reactions: My3Sons

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
I’m sorry the Devils hurt you in the playoffs.

Fun fact, you could ask 90% of team x’s fans and they wouldn’t know their backup goalie. Most fans are casual. But you sure showed Devils fans! Keep up the good work
you have to hand it to rangers fans. they are so much smarter then us because honestly i have no idea, who the devils back up goalie is.

between vv and schmid i don't think there will be clear defined roles going into the season.

Reactions: My3Sons

vtdevils2k

"Lets Go Baby!"
Dec 16, 2013
Virginia
So this is the lineup we are looking at right now:

Meier-Hughes-Mercer
Bratt-Hischier-Toffoli
Palat-Haula-Clarke/Holtz
Foote-McLeod-Bastian/Lazar

Bahl-Hamilton
Hughes-Marino
Siegenthaler-Nemec

Vanecek
Schmid

I wonder what the Devils would have to add to send Vanecek to Winnipeg for Hellebuyck.
Have a feeling that may be coming next. Fitz isn't playing.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Better than toffoli would lol

I don't think it's major issue. Just depends on how lines are structured

Agreed, him and Nico seems like the match. Jack and him are such volume shooters that I don't think it'll ever work tbh. Rookie year Jack, funny enough, would've been a great fit but Jack doesn't stop shooting the puck at any chance he gets now. :laugh:

RANDOMH3RO

Jan 19, 2007
Fair and good deal for both sides. It would only age poorly if the cap continued to stay flat for 5+ years. Devils need players like timo, glad they were able to work it out.

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
It’s very transparent and beyond pathetic at this point Crypto Boy.

You’re in every Devil’s thread posting bad takes bc you’re weirdly obsessed with the more success team across the river.
i would say it's even transpirant

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
Maybe but you have to start filling the building on a regular basis. having grown up in the area and having been to their first franchise game ever, I can say that devils fans (or ones who say they are) are extremely bandwagon. Teaching devils fans the icing and offsides rules over the years has been a struggle unto itself but I vividly remember every car having a devils bumper sticker when they were winning cups to none at all when they sucked. My favorite pastime was asking devils “fans” who the backup goalie was or your top D pairing only to be met by blank stares. You’ve also stolen some Rangers chants which is pretty lame.
Watch when we take your goal song next year homie.

Reactions: NJersey

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
The Devils went from an afterthought to dam near an all-star team lineup within a few years.

Fitzgerald has done a masterful job building New Jersey back into a cup contender. The Devils are going to be a tough opponent to play against.

That’s a nice deal for NJ and Meier as it could look better as the cap goes up.

Reactions: Wats

TimeZone

Make the pick
Sep 15, 2008
Lost
I think it's pretty fair value, definitely good in the short term.

Team success and how Meier ages will decide how it plays in the longer term.

malkshake

Jan 12, 2012
Vancouver
This is amazing for the Devils. They got Hughes, Hischier, Bratt, and Meier for a combined 32 million. Hughes and Hischier as your top 2 centers alone for 15.5 m is already absurd enough.

Reactions: Clam Jensen

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Why would Rangers fans live rent free in Devils fans's head?

You think Devils fans care about the Rangers? How many cups does the Devils have since the Ranger's last? The Rangers are the most irrelevant original 6 franchise hockeywise, they have 4 cups in 100 years lmao no one is jealous of their success

B9_gyx7IEAA36V8.jpeg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad