Confirmed Signing with Link: [NJD] F Timo Meier signs extension with the Devils (8 years, $8.8M AAV)

gritdash60

Aug 9, 2022
Behind the net
88 just like the actual devil who walked on earth, instead of 6.66 which would've been for the imaginary one. Ok yep doesn't have anything to do with the contract i know lol.

Edit: Actual take on the contract: I think this one bites them in the butt, i don't feel like hes worth all that and will be a perennial 25-30 goal scorer for them. But won't be the first time im wrong.

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
That’s a real nice contract might be bad as he ages but solid for now anyway

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Huge overpayment for a player who didn't really impress in NJ so far.
Man , it’s been a handful of games for a guy that spent his entire adulthood in one place , then moved across the country to a new city / team / system / coach / line mates .
Majority of guys that get moved at the TDL don’t hit their stride that season.
He will be fine in NJ . He has better linemates and might be utilized in a way where he plays against the other teams 2nd pair D / forwards instead of the hardest matchups he faced in SJ .

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
What's the deal with Nemec? I'm shocked he's not considered a shoe-in and his AHL numbers were pretty solid, what's holding him back?

He is on track, but the team is going to have to break in a rookie Luke next year and rely heavily on a young Kevin Bahl, so I think the preference is to let Nemec develop one more year in the AHL and then expect him to take a NHL roster spot the following year.

Incharge1976

Mar 4, 2011
How does it feel have rangers fans living rent free in your head?

You guys can pom pom all your signings in the Devils forum without worrying about other teams opinions if you don't like them in the general forum, where all are welcome to discuss things.

Typical delusional Rangers fan. The pomposity some of you show is cringeworthy.

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
Yup. NJD is a scary team. Invest some of that capspace into a goalie, make a better/consistent commitment to D, a little more experience, and watch them stampede through the East. They are almost a Cup threat.

Aoko

Order has now fallen.
Dec 14, 2017
Hughes, Meier, Hischier, Bratt

A top 4 that will be reckoned with for many years. I would be disappointed if we didn’t win at least 2 cups in the next 8 years
TWO CUPS? Bruh, do you have any idea how long it took Tampa to win a cup? And how many people still put asterisks on it as if they were the only team playing during covid?

Just be happy that the basement dweller days are over in Jersey. I'd still like to see a meaningful - consistent - upgrade in net before even talking about any cup plans, but that's just me.

swissexpert

Sep 21, 2009
In fairness Tavares, Matthews, Marner, and Nylander is also a scary top 4 as well.
Very solid core but they eat up 40.5M$ in cap space and none of them have more than 2 years left in their contracts.
All between 25 and 32 yo.

Devils top 4 are between 22 and 26 yo while using only 31.9M$ of the cap and are all signed for at least four more years.

PizzaAndPucks

New Jersey Angels diehard
Nov 29, 2018
I'm surprised this guy was able to write his name on the contract after Trouba blew him the f*** up in the playoffs
That's just about the only thing Trouba did noteworthy all playoffs. 7 games , 0 points and a -1 in game 7. Dude is very meh player minus his occasional big hits he throws here and there. Rangers have some ugly contracts with him , Goodrow and no show Panarin. Oh well I'm glad we aren't you guys.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad