Confirmed Trade: [NJD/EDM] Taylor Hall for Adam Larsson ‎- Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

DasKaiser

Jun 7, 2016
Watch the guy play. He's not an offense guy. He's a guy that has top line potential. I just think EDM could've gotten him and a little bit more for Hall.

You can't compare a Dman to a LW on offense alone. Is there a defensive comparison between the two? I would bet, very little for Hall and huge for Larrson. So don't post ********!

BeLeafer11

Jan 12, 2009
I think NJ clearly won this trade but Larrson is being severely underrated in this thread. An extra decent propsect or a 2nd round pick and value would be closer.

thaman8765678

Jun 11, 2011
Addition by subtraction for the Oilers. Ballsy trade but they're a better team than they were yesterday.

Mc5RingsAndABeer

5-14-6-1
May 25, 2011
Addition by subtraction for the Oilers. Ballsy trade but they're a better team than they were yesterday.

I keep seeing this. How are you going to replace this production:

NHL forwards, 2012-16, min 1,000 minutes, ranked by 5v5 PTS/60:
1. Sidney Crosby: 2.71
2. Jamie Benn: 2.54
3. Taylor Hall: 2.49

Addition by subtraction :laugh:

MinimaMoralia

May 1, 2015
New Jersey definitely is better.

How's that New Jersey defence lookin'? A little thin, perhaps, eh?
The Oilers top six is still gush-worthy (pre-Lucic), and their defence is less one giant, glaring hole.
Edmonton is definitely better as well. Win-win.

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
The Stanley Cup finals where he was a healthy scratch every game?

He wasn't scratched every game.

So with Fayne, Green, Salvador Talinder and Larson the NJ Devils managed to get to the Stanley Cup Finals.

Looks like you don't need these so called "number one" defense-men to get far in the playoffs. Just a well balanced defense by committee

Battle Lin

Dec 18, 2015
lucic mcdavid jesse
pouliot dra eberle
maroon rnh nail

dam they still got a nice top 9...nj wins this but its not horrible...but edm needs D, larsson and nurse is a good start

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
Having to spend all summer hearing it from Isles fans is going to be brutal. :laugh:

We deserve it I guess. Here's to hoping something finally goes right for the Oilers for once and Larsson actually improves instead of having his game fall off of a cliff as soon as he arrives here.

SouthWest

Apr 16, 2013
Canada
I keep seeing this. How are you going to replace this production:

NHL forwards, 2012-16, min 1,000 minutes, ranked by 5v5 PTS/60:
1. Sidney Crosby: 2.71
2. Jamie Benn: 2.54
3. Taylor Hall: 2.49

Addition by subtraction :laugh:

That ppm, hall has been hurt half his career.

Offence will get spread out amount the rest of the team.

I'm willing to bet the oilers have a better gf in the coming year without hall than they did with him last year.

They will have a better ga as well

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
That ppm, hall has been hurt half his career.

Offence will get spread out amount the rest of the team.

I'm willing to bet the oilers have a better gf in the coming year without hall than they did with him last year.

They will have a better ga as well
Not sure what that means or how Hall leaving effects it?

StittsvilleJames

Apr 17, 2012
Ottawa
I think for any other team, this would have been a complete robbery, but because it's the oil, it's not that bad.

They needed defensive help so badly that I can't say they lost this trade ridiculously badly, even if the value wasn't equal. Sometimes a trade is about more than the value exchanged, and this is the best case example of that in forever.

JFHockey

Nov 8, 2014
Calgary
I've been banging the "Hall is bad at D and his return will underwhelm" drum for years and even I don't think this was good value for the oilers.

JTmillerForA1stLOL

Oct 12, 2007
I was pretty shocked when I heard this. I figured Hall was easily their most valuable asset outside of McDavid and maybe Drai.

The value of a top 4 defenseman these days is out to lunch.

do0glas

Jan 26, 2012
Sometimes you pay a premium to become a better team.

I'd much rather have Larsson and pulju and lucic than just hall.

Edmonton lost the trade but will be a better team.

Reactions: koyvoo

Cubs2024WSChamps

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015
lucic mcdavid jesse
pouliot dra eberle
maroon rnh nail

dam they still got a nice top 9...nj wins this but its not horrible...but edm needs D, larsson and nurse is a good start
Outside McD that's a horrible first line with a rookie on it.

I cannot see Nail not shotgun to McD. Looch isn't even signed yet.

HyPnOtiK

Aug 21, 2007
Philadelphia, Pa
Haha I love you, Roo. It's truly charming that you enter this thread to nitpick some of my statements made months ago and took the time to look them up. I now know who to call when I need to do some quick "digging" on people.

You're right, I should not have called him a #3 because he is one of the best defensive d in the league. It is just fair to wonder how much of his rise was due to getting time with Greene when so many have been much better with AG than away.

It feels good to get a better offensive player than Giroux, and not pay fair value. Can you forgive me for being so excited?

great trade for the Devils....but nah, pump the brakes. Hall will be a 65-70 pt player in NJ where you actually have to play defense (something G is great at)

Giroux is better than Hall just about everywhere but goal scoring

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad