Confirmed Trade: [NJD/EDM] Taylor Hall for Adam Larsson ‎- Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Chia in that post trade presser looked pathetic.

He looks like a man who realized he made a massive blunder.

"he's not a sexy defensman"...... he's literally admitting he got back a lesser asset.

jrmysell

Feb 7, 2015
St. Kitts
I'm sorry PW, I love ya pal, but Larsson and the words "good" do not belong in the same sentence. This was a TERRIBLE trade for Edmonton, no matter how anyone spins it.

I don't think you've ever seen Larsson play hockey before based on that.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
The only thing I'm taking away from this thread is that Oiler fans need to watch teams other than their own every once and a while. Perspective is always a good thing.

Internazionale

Apr 24, 2007
Airdrie, AB
Oh my Chiarelli, what are you doing. Edmonton fans calling Larsson ''elite'', and NJ fans calling him ''vastly underrated'' on here still doesn't justify doing this 1-1 trade at all. Edmonton got hosed, and Hall will turn into a stud with the Devils. I wonder what Benning in Vancouver is up to....

GTislanders

Jan 9, 2014
I like Larsson better than Hamonic. If both were on the table and rumour has it they were, I choose Larsson because his potential is higher. I see Hamonic as being at his peak and Larsson as barely scratching the surface of his. And both are about equal now.

In what world is larsson better than a young, top pairing d man, who matches up against the best players of every team every night, and helped lead his team to the second round?

Oh, in edmontons world. They are finishing bottom 5 guaranteed

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I am completely dumbfounded how the Oilers would take on an inferior player in Larsson because they're scared of keeping Hall in West for Shattenkirk.

As I told some of the Oiler fans here, if Barrie was ever getting traded, he would be worth Leon. Defenders are just worth more and this just proves it.

do0glas

Jan 26, 2012
So you took time to point out that Taylor Hall is a better even strength and power play producer than Milan Lucic?

Thanks....I guess?

Oh he is but 30 points isn't a huge gap and then you add pulju and Larsson.

So yes Edmonton loses the trade, but they get better.

Now. If lucic ends up not signing then Edmonton loses a lot of offense.

As an aside hall has 16 more pp points with 100 more minutes than lucic.

Neither gap is earth shattering. And add in only 4 years age gap.

I really do think Edmonton got better. Not because they lost hall but what that space got them plus Larsson/pulju

Last edited:

Incetardis

Sep 17, 2013
Just goes tho show the value of a top 4, RH'ed d-man in this league is immense.

This is becoming more and more apparent but in reality this is just a really lopsided trade in terms of value. Hall is basically Kessel last year (only younger, cheaper and better) in that Chia knew he needed to shake up the core but so did the entire league so getting fair value for his tenured forwards just wasn't happening. Larsson should be a legit top pairing D man sooner than late but Hall is a top 3-5 LW in the league. Hopefully Larsson pans out and ultimately the team makes the playoffs next year because you know a pissed off Hall will be getting his 70+ points and finishing top 10 in NHL scoring.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Oh my Chiarelli, what are you doing. Edmonton fans calling Larsson ''elite'', and NJ fans calling him ''vastly underrated'' on here still doesn't justify doing this 1-1 trade at all. Edmonton got hosed, and Hall will turn into a stud with the Devils. I wonder what Benning in Vancouver is up to....

so you don't do the trade .... and do what exactly? Sign Demers for 6 million? Maybe he wouldn't even come here. Seems like if we cling to our players for dear life there's a good chance we don't end up with the defenseman we need. Larsson is bare minimum since he was top pairing in NJ at least, and has potential to be even better. Demers is sub-minimum, along with all our other options atm. So then it's another year of waiting around for the perfect deal

Internazionale

Apr 24, 2007
Airdrie, AB
Oh he is but 30 points isn't a huge gap and then you add pulju and Larsson.

So yes Edmonton loses the trade, but they get better.

Now. If lucic ends up not signing then Edmonton loses a lot of offense.

The only way Edmonton get Lucic is if they pay him 6 M a year which they are most likely going to do, otherwise Lucic is going back home to Vancouver. Even Lucic + Larsson doesn't get you Hall production over the years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad