Confirmed Trade: [NJD/EDM] Taylor Hall for Adam Larsson ‎- Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

SouthWest

Apr 16, 2013
Canada
Not sure what that means or how Hall leaving effects it?

It means other players on the oilers will step up, have possession of the puck more (via hall being gone), and I believe they will be more efficient in their offended.

My biggest problem with hall is, as others have also said, he has a bunch of tools but no tool box.

Flys down the wing, makes dumb drop passes, or just throws the puck on not. His offensive zone control is brutal, he does not have a high level of finesse to his game.

With him gone chemistry across the top two lines will be going up.

thalegion

Apr 13, 2010
Edmonton
Having to spend all summer hearing it from Isles fans is going to be brutal. :laugh:

We deserve it I guess. Here's to hoping something finally goes right for the Oilers for once and Larsson actually improves instead of having his game fall off of a cliff as soon as he arrives here.

Why Hamonic and Larsson are about as equal as they come but Larsson is 2 years younger and signed till 2021

Cubs2024WSChamps

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015
I will laugh harder then this trade if Looch signs anywhere else.

This is just a bad trade. You don't give away elite talent that easy.

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
Wow just wow

Edm fans gonna love Larsson. Terrific young D who's a beast defensively, his offense may develop with PP time, and playing with studs like McDavid, Pulju and Eberle.

Hall gonna be excited to watch as a Devils fan... his healthy is a big concern, though.

Devils need a couple of good FA signings... defense looks awful now.

do0glas

Jan 26, 2012
Does everyone realize that all only had like 30 more 5v5 points over the last 4 years than lucic and only like 150 less minutes.

Edmonton got better lol

Reactions: koyvoo

Blues88

Apr 27, 2009
St. Louis
Does everyone realize that all only had like 30 more 5v5 points over the last 4 years than lucic and only like 150 less minutes.

Edmonton got better lol

So you took time to point out that Taylor Hall is a better even strength and power play producer than Milan Lucic?

Thanks....I guess?

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016
Well...in all the Trouba to Edmonton proposed trades, we knew Edmonton would have to pay a large premium to get a D-Men. This does improve Edmonton's overall balance. It's tough medicine to eat a trade that has a huge value mismatch, but the Oilers had to so something.

Canada just got hosed today (Edmonton, Montreal, and Toronto for not getting Stamkos).

SouthWest

Apr 16, 2013
Canada
Sorry I don't see how removing Hall makes the offense better.

Did you ever play hockey yourself?

Ever play with someone that could score goals or had offensive talent, but was extremely frustrating to play with on your line? Someone that gave the puck up a ton, you needed to hold back yourself in order to cover because if you didn't it was always a 3 on two back the other way? Someone that was unpredictable, would throw picks all over the ice and you're just thinking to yourself "what the **** is this guy doing?"

That guy is Taylor hall.

I'm almost positive in the oilers exit interview this spring they asked a question like, "who do you think you would be most successful with on your line next year?"

I'm willing to bet no one said they'd like to play with hall.

Reactions: koyvoo

Raistlin

Aug 25, 2006
Chia sounds like hes describing Gudbransson, which didnt cost anything close to a Hall. Devils fans rejoice.

Novak Djokovic

#24 and counting... #GOAT
Dec 10, 2006
Hall's phone interview was interesting. Quite disappointed with the Oilers, and pretty much said that he's going to make them regret it.

GTislanders

Jan 9, 2014
All those Hamonic for Hall threads...

How would they feel about Hamonic now?

This is an historically bad trade. Elite talent for... Larson. I'm an isles fan so I've seen tons of Adam and he is, at times, a train wreck. Can dominate for stretches but makes horrible decisions when the going gets tough. Edmonton is putting him in a tough spot anointing him a top pairing d man. Give me a break.

pierre gagnon*

Mar 15, 2013
St. Catharines
This might be one of the worst days in history for Canadian NHL teams.

LOL thats so true all the hype about stamkos to the leafs and the deal they were putting together. The habs saying PK will never go and if he does it will be for a slew of players picks and top line guys, now Hall who was easily going get way more then this. great day indeed.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011

This is an historically bad trade. Elite talent for... Larson. I'm an isles fan so I've seen tons of Adam and he is, at times, a train wreck. Can dominate for stretches but makes horrible decisions when the going gets tough. Edmonton is putting him in a tough spot anointing him a top pairing d man. Give me a break.

I like Larsson better than Hamonic. If both were on the table and rumour has it they were, I choose Larsson because his potential is higher. I see Hamonic as being at his peak and Larsson as barely scratching the surface of his. And both are about equal now.

Section32

May 26, 2011
CT

I don't know if I would say train wreck. Maybe the year before. But he really turned it around this past season.

And, can I assume you think Hamonic is considerably better than Larsson?

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
All this anticipation of trading a top young F and then they get Larson straight up? I mean get some picks or something to make it look a little better. Hall will tear it up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad