Confirmed Trade: [NJD/EDM] Patrick Maroon for J.D. Dudek, 2019 3rd round

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alan Wake

It's not a loop, it's a spiral.
Dec 14, 2017
What's the point of getting him, when he has only been doing well all because of McDavid?
Point per game pace right now and he isn't playing with McDavid.

Kinda says he isn't purely a benefactor of the best player. Maybe, just maybe, he utilizes his skill around those he plays with. You know, like a teammate should?

Don't think so hard, it'll hurt that walnut in your head.

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
Those were LA fans, definitely not Oiler fans saying that.

If it makes any difference, Francesca (his lady) is still in Alberta today for her birthday, with Talbots wife, McDavids girlfriend, Kassians fiancee, and a few others. They also haven't sold their house here. Sounds like he's gonna be back.

It hasn't even been 2 weeks yet. Besides, if he goes somewhere else in free agency they would just have to move again.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
Everyone just assumes if you put up numbers in Edmonton it's because of McDavid. It's the same thing with Draisaitl.

Maroon was always a good player here with or without McDavid. Obviously his stats were slightly inflated, but people spoke of him as if he was a complete plug.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Here's hoping Edmonton finds a way to dump Lucic and bring Maroon back. I'm sure he'd sign back in a heartbeat.

I still can't believe Chia couldn't get more than a 3rd and a nobody for him.

I can. He gave them the MVP of the national hockey league this year.

VoidCreature

Before you see the light, you must die.
Mar 6, 2015
New Jersey
He's been amazing. I don't think we've had anyone who protects the puck with his reach like he does since Jagr in 2013-14. Obviously he's not even close to Jagr's level, but his cycle play is something we were really missing. I hope we re sign him.

McDaddy

ruh roh
Jan 22, 2017
Edmonton
It hasn't even been 2 weeks yet. Besides, if he goes somewhere else in free agency they would just have to move again.
The house isn't up for sale either though. I suspect that theres reason behind it. It makes sense to stay here, aside from the fact that his son Anthony lives in St. Louis, but theres no way he ends up there unless they make a push for him in FA. But they don't really need another LW.

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
Point per game pace right now and he isn't playing with McDavid.

Kinda says he isn't purely a benefactor of the best player. Maybe, just maybe, he utilizes his skill around those he plays with. You know, like a teammate should?

Don't think so hard, it'll hurt that walnut in your head.

That's all you needed to say, dear. :thumbu:

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Chia never traded Mackinnon
Both players having phenomenal years and carrying their respective teams for sure. would even throw Barkov in there. I guess i get to watch more of Hall than MacKinnon but I'm sure they are both up there for the mvp this season.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
huh i thought the leagues leading point producer who also happens to be on the top team was an MVP lock, i guess im a madman
You are a madman. The player who is singlehandedly responsible for the playoffs position of last year's worst team, by far, which is the same exact minus Duchene. MCK also has a better ppg ratio I believe. MVP by far imo. Then it's kuch, then Hall.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
Hey everybody, make of this what you will; Maroon's finance just celebrated her birthday by coming back to Edmonton and spending her time with other Oiler wives. I kinda get the vibe he is totally coming back.

Kaen

Dec 29, 2009
You are a madman. The player who is singlehandedly responsible for the playoffs position of last year's worst team, by far, which is the same exact minus Duchene. MCK also has a better ppg ratio I believe. MVP by far imo. Then it's kuch, then Hall.

Doubt there is any consensus or runaway MVP at the moment. I'd give my vote to MacKinnon, but there are almost half a dozen guys that could legitimately be in the running depending on how they play the last ~month of the season.

Reactions: Legend123

HockeyAnalystGenius

Jun 15, 2017
Mccdvid actually sucks points away from other players because he can be a Puck Hog at his worst. This has been a Known Fact throughout his career.

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
Doubt there is any consensus or runaway MVP at the moment. I'd give my vote to MacKinnon, but there are almost half a dozen guys that could legitimately be in the running depending on how they play the last ~month of the season.

I think there are 2 clear front runners for the actual definition of MVP, those being MacKinnon and Hall, with Malkin behind them but catching up quickly.

As for MVP determined by how the voters tend to actually vote for the award, you're right that it's wide open at the moment.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
Hey everybody, make of this what you will; Maroon's finance just celebrated her birthday by coming back to Edmonton and spending her time with other Oiler wives. I kinda get the vibe he is totally coming back.

e9

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
If Maroon finishes on a hot streak and the league recognizes he did it without the benefit of sponging off a top player would the Oil want to pay the going rate at that point? Maybe a three year 12 million deal or something along those lines? Have to think he asks for term and some team - maybe NJ will offer him something decent if they think he can play away from top players and make a difference.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Damn good player just from the eye test. Smart with the puck, good along the boards, nifty passer. 6pts in 7 games playing on the third line and some PP time. Keep it up big man!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad