Confirmed Trade: [NJD/BUF] Wayne Simmonds (50% retained) for cond. 2021 5th round pick

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I just don't think anybody good had any interest in Simmonds. A conditional 5th next year that can become a 4th ( probably if Sabres make the playoffs ) is nothing but Simmonds doesn't seem to have anything left in the tank.

Rivet52

Oct 10, 2008
Buffalo, NY
I’ve always loved the player but this is a very weird one for Buffalo. I’m happy to have him but the Sabres aren’t making the playoffs. Low price but players like Sheary and Frolik are the guys I hoped would get moved today for whatever possible, not brought in.

I like what Simmonds can bring to that locker room as a leader not even considering his on-ice play. Sabres could benefit from that the rest of the year.

Sabreality

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
Atlanta, GA
whats the problem? Sabres could use a tougher player, he also most likely just replaces a UFA F out the door (Sheary, Frolik etc) without having to replace from Rochester (for Amerks playoff run)

Puckclektr

Jul 15, 2004
GTA
Why even trade him? To me the value of the person and the comradeship of the team is more important than that fifth.

Reactions: Morrison

valet

obviously adhd
Sponsor
Jan 26, 2017
buffalo
Now all we have to do is flip Simmonds, Sheary, Vesey, and 3rd for Tyler Ennis and we'll really be looking mean.

Reactions: Morrison

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Why are the Sabres adding rentals? Even though the Panthers and Leafs have played like garbage, they are still much better than the Sabres.

Because they're 6 points out of a playoff spot, teams ahead of them are slipping, the Sabres have been winning lately, and everyone in Buffalo is f***ing sick of losing? If all it costs is a conditional late pick in next year's draft, why wouldn't the Sabres add to a position of weakness to try and make a late push for a WC spot?

RosstheBoss

Feb 19, 2020
This makes no sense, unless Boterill is trying to tank.

The Kings were bad with Simmonds, but got much, much better after they moved him
The Flyers were good before Simmonds, and were really bad with him. (those two might have had something to do with who went the other way)
Nashville was good before Simmonds, bad when he got there
NJ was always bad, but they at least thought they'd get better, but didn't
When the Sabres drop, then we'll know why

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
I was confused at first, but it basically looks like Buffalo wants to take Simmonds for a test drive to see if he’s worth signing. Could be a good fit as they need right wingers and grit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad