Confirmed Trade: [NJD/BUF] Wayne Simmonds (50% retained) for cond. 2021 5th round pick

BergyTime37

Jun 17, 2015
I guess with Toronto and Florida playing hot potato with the 3rd Atlantic spot, Buffalo has an outside shot to sneak in :dunno:. Conditional 5th isn't much for a respected vet. Could be a good leadership guy for them, and who knows maybe there is small amount left in the tank that they can get out of him.

KeyserSoze81

Mar 1, 2007
Rochester, NY
I was confused at first, but it basically looks like Buffalo wants to take Simmonds for a test drive to see if he’s worth signing. Could be a good fit as they need right wingers and grit.

This is largely it. Our GM is unable to identify good depth forwards, so he just throws a lot of darts at the board, with most of them being complete misses. Sobotka, Berglund, Sheary, Vesey, Frolik, Lazar, and now Simmonds.

lottster14

Feb 10, 2019
For a 5th? Simmonds has the potential to be good so this is a free asset for buffalo

Sabreality

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
Atlanta, GA
Think guys, bring in Wayne to hopefully replace Frolik or Sheary (move them out). They dont want to mess with Rochester who is on a playoff push to fill in. Gives the illusion to the lockerroom that they're still 'in it'..gutting them now with no replacements after playing well of late would wreck what theyre at least attempting to build, could use some of Waynes toughness since theyre charmin soft too.

qqaz

Think Happy Thoughts
Oct 25, 2018
What's Simmonds' thought process looking like right now?

"This season has been a bust, but at least I'll get dealt to a contender at the deadline" *traded to Buffalo* "Whaaaa!?"

Reactions: SmoggyTwinkles

qqaz

Think Happy Thoughts
Oct 25, 2018
Me, to Boteril:

And by the way, you know, when, when you're making these little trades...

heres-a-good-idea-have-a-point.jpeg

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
Buffalo lacks character and grit in there lineup and has a somewhat young and impressionable lineup. They add a pure character guy for next to nothing and people cant fathom the deal? Man people are dense....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad