Claimed off Waivers: [NJD] Aaron Dell claimed off waivers by the Devils

ToDavid

Dec 13, 2018
Not surprising, and as much as it's nice to have a good third goalie this is exactly what waivers are for. Teams shouldn't be hoarding NHL level players in the press box when spots are open elsewhere.

Dell gets a job and thankfully we didn't help out any divisional rivals.

Reactions: trufleshufle13

Taro Tsujimoto

Jan 6, 2009
Clarence Center, NY
Tom Fitzgerald to the Devils roster:

giphy.gif

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
comrie to waivers now?

Ultimately, I believe so. However, there's no rush to do so - Dell still needs to fly to the US and quarantine for 7 days before he's available to play for NJ, so they could just hold onto Comrie until then in case of injury to Blackwood/Wedgewood or to see if there's any trade interest (which is doubtful).

Reactions: hn777

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Makes sense . Their backup options behind Blackwood had been terrible because Crawford decided to retire a few days before the season starts. Dell ain't a worldbeater but competent enough and has NHL experience.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
No its not.. Dell sucks, but he's certainly the best goalie available at the moment.
Someone on Twitter was wondering what NJ was going to do with their four NHL caliber goalies now and as a Devils fan I’ve decided to think of it in those terms. NEW JERSEY DEVILS HAVE THE BEST GOALIE DEPTH IN NHL. If you go by bulk. Until we waive someone.

Last edited:

serp

Jan 17, 2016
You almost need a stable of goalies signed by the NHL to act as thirds where necessary. Just keep them in a clean box somewhere until needed.

Well the best option for a third stringer is an older goalie prospect who is still waivers exempt and ok enough that he can appear in NHL games without beeing a trainwreck but not so good that he would be wasted when placed in the taxi squad.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Dell could have been the oilers starter....

There is no real difference between him and Smith and Kos

Last edited:
Reactions: Morrison

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad