NJ Hfboards Yahoo Fantasy Hockey (Keeper League Discussion)

Just Win

Nov 3, 2008
Stuttgart
I am in as well.

Draft on Friday or Saturday are prefered, otherwise i will miss the draft.

Not a fan of SHP as a stat, just too much randomness / luck involved. I don't mind any of the other proposed rule changes.

Peter Sidorkiewicz

Devils Army
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2002
Just want to say that if Sunday night is a no go for the draft, then my preference will be Friday night (6 Oct) at any time 8pm or after.

Saturday, i will completely miss it.

tmg

Jul 10, 2003
Ottawa
(I got a team in a bad state when I first joined lol - so sorry if I leave one like that)

It’s a 5 player keeper. As long as you have 5 good players your team is as positioned for success as anyone. And you definitely do. Your heir really only has to decide whether to bank on Huberdeau rebound, Mark Stone health, or go for a lower ceiling lower risk choice.

I don’t think it was by your doing if your team is in a rougher state than you got it - that’s all Huberdeau! 😆

Pops Freshenmeyer

Jun 26, 2013
Hi all,

Not seeing a ton of pushback on the proposals. I think just about everyone is in for the added IR spot, so I will make that change. Same with upping the season acquisition max to 75. I'm still mulling over upping the 4 per week to 5 or 6 as some have suggested.

I think I only saw two "againsts" for SH points. I'm leaning towards giving it a shot this year. We can always change back next season if it throws things off too much. But I like the different element and excitement it could bring.

As for Draft Day: Friday, October 6 seems to be the preference for most. I would have to do it a little later -- 9:15pm or so. Anyone have an issue with that? @billingtons ghost could you make this work?

@KovalchukFistPump, I'm sorry to see you go. I looked back a few pages and it seems like the waitlist is:
1. @Mr Bojanglez
2. @Taluss
3. @Hockey Sports Fan

@Mr Bojanglez Can you please confirm that you would like in the league and send me a PM with your email address?

Lastly -- @HBK27 Can you confirm you will be back? I didn't see your reply yet.

SJinNewJersey

Every single one of us, the devil inside
Dec 21, 2017
New Jersey
Hi all,

Not seeing a ton of pushback on the proposals. I think just about everyone is in for the added IR spot, so I will make that change. Same with upping the season acquisition max to 75. I'm still mulling over upping the 4 per week to 5 or 6 as some have suggested.

I think I only saw two "againsts" for SH points. I'm leaning towards giving it a shot this year. We can always change back next season if it throws things off too much. But I like the different element and excitement it could bring.

As for Draft Day: Friday, October 6 seems to be the preference for most. I would have to do it a little later -- 9:15pm or so. Anyone have an issue with that? @billingtons ghost could you make this work?

@KovalchukFistPump, I'm sorry to see you go. I looked back a few pages and it seems like the waitlist is:
1. @Mr Bojanglez
2. @Taluss
3. @Hockey Sports Fan

@Mr Bojanglez Can you please confirm that you would like in the league and send me a PM with your email address?

I'm good with the draft date, I would perhaps like to see the time a bit earlier. Is it possible we could do 8:30? In a perfect world I would like 7:00, but I know folks are looking for later.

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
Hi all,

1. @Mr Bojanglez
2. @Taluss
3. @Hockey Sports Fan

I’m in.

Mr Bojanglez

Aug 17, 2007
From Jersey w/ Love
Hi all,

1. @Mr Bojanglez
2. @Taluss
3. @Hockey Sports Fan

I"m in. As for moves per week. Something my league does is... i think we have 4 per week during the regular season - then drop it down to 2 for the playoffs.

If you're feeling iffy about increasing the moves per week - maybe that could alleviate some concerns (e.g., only increase for regular season - but leave playoffs at current #)

Pops Freshenmeyer

Jun 26, 2013
I'm good with the draft date, I would perhaps like to see the time a bit earlier. Is it possible we could do 8:30? In a perfect world I would like 7:00, but I know folks are looking for later.
Earlier is harder for me as I have a kid to get to bed. I can probably do 7 if that's the only time that works for everyone else. I put 9:15 as a placeholder for now. We have a month to figure it out, so plenty of time.

Keepers will be due on September 29th. You can input them any time from now until then.

Pops Freshenmeyer

Jun 26, 2013
You do have to put in 5 keepers because the 5 keepers end up being everyone’s first 5 draft picks. So, those picks can’t be blank.

tmg

Jul 10, 2003
Ottawa
I see your roster, and it’s not empty. There is a ‘keeper’ link at the far right of one of the header rows when viewing your own team. That’s where you get into the interface to pick your 5.

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010
You do have to put in 5 keepers because the 5 keepers end up being everyone’s first 5 draft picks. So, those picks can’t be blank.
Soooooooo this might be totally loco, but since Bojangles is coming in new, I wouldn't be adverse to letting him pick from the current free agents of he wanted to get someone that isn't on a current team.

Idk if as commissioner you could even adjust the rosters manually?

The reason I ask is that I know some people (myself included) drop folks in the last week of playoffs that are our sixth or seventh best guy.

Not too say that there's anything out there he would want, but I personally dropped the first ballot HOFer Chris Kreider, so... You know...

SJinNewJersey

Every single one of us, the devil inside
Dec 21, 2017
New Jersey
Soooooooo this might be totally loco, but since Bojangles is coming in new, I wouldn't be adverse to letting him pick from the current free agents of he wanted to get someone that isn't on a current team.

Idk if as commissioner you could even adjust the rosters manually?

The reason I ask is that I know some people (myself included) drop folks in the last week of playoffs that are our sixth or seventh best guy.

Not too say that there's anything out there he would want, but I personally dropped the first ballot HOFer Chris Kreider, so... You know...
Sorry, I have to disagree, Everyone that has come in recently has abided by the same criteria of accepting an already established team and went from there. I don't see why we need to change the rules now.

Reactions: HBK27

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010
Sorry, I have to disagree, Everyone that has come in recently has abided by the same criteria of accepting an already established team and went from there. I don't see why we need to change the rules now.
Ok no worries. Everyone gets a shot at Bedard, right?

tmg

Jul 10, 2003
Ottawa
Ok no worries. Everyone gets a shot at Bedard, right?
I assure you, not everyone will get a shot at Bedard. ;)

The draft order is set and has been since the end of last season. See Pops’ post from April 15. I have the first pick.

Which reminds me - the league is set to random draft right now (“Order of selection will be randomly determined approximately 30 minutes before the start of the draft.”) and shouldn’t be. Please fix that (not sure if Yahoo needs that set before finalizing keepers).

Last edited:
Reactions: billingtons ghost

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
I will, @tmg I have to finalize everyone’s keepers first before I can assign the order and put keepers on teams. Will do that this weekend, assuming everyone gets their keepers in.
I already forgot who I set as my keepers - did it quickly with the intention of going back to confirm, but I can't figure out how to do that. Can you DM me who I picked?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad