Nintendo Switch: Smashy Smashy

Status
Not open for further replies.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
anyone know if/when switch is going to get the classic games to buy through the eshop? My GF doesn't game but is down to play super mario world & other older SNES games she remembers from her childhood; I spent 30 minutes googling & searching earlier and it seems it is supposed to be coming but maybe not until September? Anyone know anymore?

They haven't said anything of any real substance for a while now. My understanding is that when they start to charge for their online service it'll have a Netflix-style thing for classic games, but all they've ever mentioned is 3 NES games. They were asked about SNES games and it sounded like they weren't even sure if they were going to offer those yet, but that was like last summer.

Last edited:

Bocephus86

Mar 2, 2011
Boston
They haven't said anything of any real substance for a while now. My understanding is that when they start to charge for their online service it'll have a Netflix-style thing for classic games, but all they've ever mentioned is 3 NES games. They were asked about SNES games and it sounded like they weren't even sure if they were going to offer those yet, but that was like last summer.
Alright, appreciate the info - that is what I found (eventually) googling but it was all at once so I wasn't sure if I missed something. I saw Mario 3 on the list (my personal favorite) so if we at least get that around September, I'll be happy. Mario world is for her because it's from her childhood but I'll get her to like 3 if need be... or just play it all night myself.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
Fq4sLsr.png

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
Super Mario Maker for the Switch really, REALLY needs to happen. Same with SSB. Also, I think you should be able to buy a mix-and-match of colors for Joycons directly from Nintendo.

Save Data Management (real save data management) and Netflix should be the other ones.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Virtual Console and Mario Party are my two wishes. Oh, and BotW2, but I'm not crazy and there's zero chance that there's any news on that front yet.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
I feel like any of the real major stuff (MP4, Smash, Pokemon) is E3 material along with the paid online service. Probably just an update on the ports coming soon, maybe FE. A new Splatoon 2 update, likely some more details about Kirby's game...

I don't expect any major surprises, I just want Mario Tennis to not be ass like the Wii U game was.

It's actually kinda funny that for the most part there aren't a whole lot of couch co-op games which was Nintendo's staple for many years. With Kirby and (likely) Smash on the horizon that'll probably do it for awhile.

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
Very good direct.

Must buys for me:

Dark Souls Amiibo
Kirby(nostalgic reasons)
Captain Toad
Octopath Traveler Special Edition
Smash(obviously)

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
Huge fail until the last 2 seconds.

I wouldn't say that, I thought it was pretty good IMHO.

___

I was a huge fan of No More Heroes before, but it seems pretty different now, hopefully I'll still enjoy it.

Easy E

Jun 9, 2015
I wouldn't say that, I thought it was pretty good IMHO.

___

I was a huge fan of No More Heroes before, but it seems pretty different now, hopefully I'll still enjoy it.

I had high expectations, my own fault I suppose.

Oogie Boogie

Apr 9, 2011
Mario Tennis Aces and Octopath Traveler were the only things I was really interested in.

Love that there's an actual release date for Octopath now

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
I had high expectations, my own fault I suppose.

I'm also talking about Switch owners in general, there were a lot of 3rd party games that I would totally get if I only had a Switch. But because I do have an Xbox and PS4, I won't get them for the Switch lol.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
-I might actually finally buy an Amiibo (still mad there's no Xenoblade Amiibo)
-Octopath Traveler is a dumb name but at least it has a release date
-That's pretty much all I got out of this

Easy E

Jun 9, 2015
I'll hand it to Nintendo, they can put on a troll job all the way until the end. Definitely know what they are doing and know how to keep it fresh.

Papa Francouz

Nov 25, 2013
Denver, CO
That Octopath Traveler Special Edition looks nice. Real nice. Mario Tennis and the Solaire amiibo look awesome, too.

It’s already been a year and I’m still loving what the Big N is doing.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
I loved it. Even without Smash I’d have been quite pleased but with it that was a megaton caliber showing. Granted I don’t own any other consoles or do much PC gaming so all the third party stuff is brilliant for me.

South Park, Undertale, Octopath Traveller, Captain Toad, Okami, Crash Bandicoot, Mario Tennis, Splatoon DLC and of course Smash....I’m coming out of this Direct very, very hyped.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Okami HD on the Switch? Nice, was hoping for just that. I've mentioned numerous times that I consider it the third best "Zelda" game ever.

Still looking forward to the horribly named Octopath.

Another No More Heroes game? Neato.

Release date for Hyrule Warriors is cool.

But hey, was still hoping for some Mario Party and Virtual Console news.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad