Nintendo Switch: Smashy Smashy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
Donkey Kong is gonna be standard retail price.

:thumbd:

Nice thing is I should have plenty of Switch Classics to spend club Nintendo points on in 3 years time. No way I’m spending basically $100 CDN on the likes of Kirby or a Donkey Kong port.

I say that knowing full well I will pay whatever they demand for a port of Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker.:popcorn:

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
fka2hf77ryl01.png

Reactions: Oogie Boogie

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Donkey Kong is gonna be standard retail price.

:thumbd:

Nice thing is I should have plenty of Switch Classics to spend club Nintendo points on in 3 years time. No way I’m spending basically $100 CDN on the likes of Kirby or a Donkey Kong port.

I say that knowing full well I will pay whatever they demand for a port of Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker.:popcorn:
Being a Canadian gamer sucks. It's like the 90s all over again.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
Being a Canadian gamer sucks. It's like the 90s all over again.

Recently Canadian online retailers started using $99.99 as their placeholder price for upcoming games and thats when I realized I am going to just check out of videogames entirely soon enough.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Any recommendations for good games when playing the Switch on hand held mode? I’m weird I guess but games like Zelda I just prefer to play on the big screen and would like to get a couple of handheld type games, I guess ones where graphics don’t matter a ton and maybe not a ton of movement involved.

I was looking at that strategy game conquerer X maybe.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Recently Canadian online retailers started using $99.99 as their placeholder price for upcoming games and thats when I realized I am going to just check out of videogames entirely soon enough.

they do drop to 79.99 but basically now w/o Amazon's 20% drop it still = 90.00, so like yah. it sucks butt

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
It's only first party Nintendo games that get listed at $99. They do it to avoid pre-order price guarantees on places like Amazon in case the exchange rate gets worse before launch.

filip85

Feb 7, 2017
I am thinking to buy Nintendo just because of Zelda, so I am asking you who knows better about nintendo what to buy, Wii U or Switch ?

MayDay

Oct 21, 2005
Pleasantville, NY
I am thinking to buy Nintendo just because of Zelda, so I am asking you who knows better about nintendo what to buy, Wii U or Switch ?

I think at this point the answer is obviously Switch, since that is the platform that will be supported with new software going forward, and it seems like all the best Wii U games are going to be ported over to Switch anyway.

Is the Wii U even still available for sale where you live? I think the only way to buy one here now would be to buy a used one.

Reactions: pukovnik

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
Havent turned on my Switch in a few months... I feel shame.

I really need to get back into Zelda because of the new DLC. I mean I paid for the season pass already. :laugh:

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois

I'd personally say Switch just because I'd assume that most great Wii U games will eventually get ported to the Switch and new games are obviously being built for that system rather than the old one. And there's hopefully be a next Zelda game on this console that probably wouldn't get released for the Wii U.

Reactions: pukovnik

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
I don't think the wii u sucked for zelda. (the motion controls made me want to murder someone on Switch).

Easy E

Jun 9, 2015
When does Zelda BOTW really reel you in?

I've played an hour or so. I just got to Purah who fixed my tablet for me.

Kinda boring so far honestly .

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009

just go get lost or a while. literally. like go hiking, go swimming.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI

Just the shrines alone got me hooked, they're fun puzzles.

I've probably put in a ton more hours than you, and I am not even that far past the Purah part. I have just been collecting orbs, doing side quests, and trying to find cool weapons/korok seeds.

Reactions: bambamcam4ever

Oogie Boogie

Apr 9, 2011
Finally got around to playing Stardew Valley. Only two days in though but it's been pretty neat so far. Haley is a mean bitch

Dzonna

Mar 28, 2017
Smash bros tourney in June? Does this mean the switch version is almost finished?

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Finally got around to playing Stardew Valley. Only two days in though but it's been pretty neat so far. Haley is a mean *****

I don't mean to spoil but there's no other way to say this: keep trying to increase your hearts with all the villagers, including Haley.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
I was thinking of getting Kirby but after playing the demo, it's pretty boring so I'll pass on that.

I'm excited for Smash and Mario Tennis, the latter because there's basically zero tennis game on the market for any console.
All Kirby games are boring. Theyre waaaay too easy. Like Yoshi, it seems like they're targeted more at very young kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->