Nintendo Switch #4: More than 1 year later

Status
Not open for further replies.

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
As much as I realize it makes me part of the problem for paying premium prices for old games, I don't care, I'm very excited for the 3D All-Stars collection

It's 3 of the best games ever made, I'll happily play them again on a more modern TV

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
That collection is a massive letdown.

Super Mario 64 is still in 4:3 with almost no graphical changes

Sunshine looks like they literally grabbed the GameCube version and copy pasted it.

Galaxy will apparently still have mandatory motion controls and force you to use the joycons. What's the point? Compared to the original Mario All-Stars this is brutal. That game overhauled everything about the original 3 games plus lost levels and made it better. This does nothing of the sort

actually no. Galaxy is "Motion control Optional."

GameXplain showed it

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Nintendo is somehow both the smartest company in the world and DUMBEST company in the world AT THE SAME TIME. It's exhausting.

Reactions: Sick Nuzuki

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
What's been the latest big release for the Switch? Luigi's Mansion? I've only had the Switch for a few months and haven't owned a Nintendo console since my parent's NES.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
The fact that it's only available until March is so Nintendo.

Still gonna pre-order it when it's available

Reactions: robertmac43

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Me this morning: Man screw Nintendo. I'm not paying 80 bucks CAD for a bunch of untouched ports

Me now: ha ha flying plumber go whrrrrrrrrrrrr

I hate this company so god damn much sometimes. :laugh: Just take my god damn money at let me get 120 stars in 64 finally. Knowing me i'd also buy Ocarina for the ****ing 45th time if they ported that too since i've owned it on every console it's been on.

Reactions: robertmac43

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I hate this company so god damn much sometimes. :laugh: Just take my god damn money at let me get 120 stars in 64 finally. Knowing me i'd also buy Ocarina for the ****ing 45th time if they ported that too since i've owned it on every console it's been on.
I was about to say , next year is the 35th anniversary of The Legend of Zelda. My guess is they do another money grab pack of games, and I know I'll buy them regardless of how they look or anything else really.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I saw that it will be until March 2021. Does that mean it's a service that will be available until then or copies will stop selling after that date?

The battle royale game is a service and is gone in March. 3D All Stars will apparently stop being sold.

Whether that means they will just nickel and dime those who didn't buy it before by selling the games individually or not remains to be seen.

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
I was about to say , next year is the 35th anniversary of The Legend of Zelda. My guess is they do another money grab pack of games, and I know I'll buy them regardless of how they look or anything else really.

They might have BoTW 2 out though, that would be a great way to celebrate the 35th anniversary.

flyingkiwi

Oct 28, 2014
France
I've never been a big Mario fan at all except for Mario kart. I think from that list I'll give 3D World a go. My sister isn't a gamer at all but she loves the 2D ones. I just suck at them .

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
There are also Skyward sword port rumours so I would not be surprised to see that somewhere in the 35th anniversary.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
I finally gave Breath of the Wild a full shot, and i'm totally in love with it. It's whole gameplay concept is perfect. So incredibly detailed, balancing exploration with story, seamlessly blends in progression and difficulty. It's completely your own world and experiene set against the Zelda universe. I LOVE this so far. And I only just now got past the "tutorial" area, which is itself a joke when you realize the entire world you've been exploring the last few hours that made your jaw drop, is only like 1/10th of the map!

Reactions: Beau Knows

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009

yup. the same. i've bought Ocarina/Majora so many times, Skyward Sword, I'll buy. (windwaker and twilight princess - no - because i actually LOVE how it plays on Wii U w/the pad, so i am good). - i would love a re-work/port of Phantom Hourglass/Spirit tracks so it can be played w/a controller not a touch pad but who knows.

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Personally, I've never related to the expensive port criticism and I've always viewed it more as a "what is the value of the experience" thing. Plenty of cutting edge expensive AAA games, I wouldn't be caught dead paying even $10 for, and the games involved in something like this package are worth well over $80 to me, even if it takes no effort for them to port it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad