Nintendo Switch #4: More than 1 year later

Status
Not open for further replies.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Wii U and 3ds eshop already shutting down in some countries, meanwhile PS3 store is up and running and Sony still supports PSP games(albeit through their website)

Digital Games with Nintendo are basically semi-rentals

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Nintendo sold more Switches last month then it did in its launch month, which is basically unheard of.

They were completely sold out the month prior and it was impossible to get one new. I tried for weeks to find one and nobody in a 80 mile radius of Chicago had any.

I randomly found one in a Target a few weeks ago. They had one left, just sitting there. I walked into Target thinking I was just going to be a $40 kettle bell and ended not up spending $385 on a Switch and Mario Odyssey :laugh:

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018
Best Buy, EB Games/Gamestop and Wal Mart all had Switch Lite console restocks today both online and in store if anyone is looking.

Reactions: Power Man

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018
I found Lites were relatively plentiful and easy to find.

Its the standard unit that is impossible to get your hands on.

in canada even the lites were impossible to locate over the last 2 months or so

missingmika

Dec 9, 2006
They were completely sold out the month prior and it was impossible to get one new. I tried for weeks to find one and nobody in a 80 mile radius of Chicago had any.

I randomly found one in a Target a few weeks ago. They had one left, just sitting there. I walked into Target thinking I was just going to be a $40 kettle bell and ended not up spending $385 on a Switch and Mario Odyssey :laugh:

I don't know what's rarer, Switches or Kettlebells right now.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
They finally updated the dpad functionality the other day. I tried 2 different gamepads and they were both registering unintentional diagonals for at least a few months, maybe more.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Anyone play Moonlighter and have a couple words of review? Been eyeing it for a while and its only sale right now for 60% off.

Papa Francouz

Nov 25, 2013
Denver, CO
Only Nintendo could just drop a new f***in Paper Mario game via tweet.

I'm intrigued but I need to see more. Stylistically it looks cool.
The classic Paper Mario aesthetic vs origami art is a neat idea. I agree with you that we need to see more, but as of now, I'm hopeful that it'll be a good Paper Mario game. If gameplay comes out and it looks anything like Sticker Star or Color Splash, though, I'm out.

Reactions: robertmac43

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
The art style is amazing. This is a title i'll definitely hold off on in hope of good reviews/ That trailer was definitely a promising start though!

Taro Tsujimoto

Jan 6, 2009
Clarence Center, NY
Well, this was certainly a nice surprise to wake up to. Looking forward to it!

(Also, this is a good sign for the rumored 3D Mario remasters, as this was rumored alongside them.)

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
The classic Paper Mario aesthetic vs origami art is a neat idea. I agree with you that we need to see more, but as of now, I'm hopeful that it'll be a good Paper Mario game. If gameplay comes out and it looks anything like Sticker Star or Color Splash, though, I'm out.
The gameplay looks closer to those but still retains some elements of the classic games, but we will have to wait and see. CS' gameplay was nothing to write home about, but the writing was absolutely golden.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I was just looking at the release lineup for the end of May/Start of June, it's impressive for the Switch.

Xeno Blade
Borderlands
Xcom
Bioshock
Outerworlds
Burnout Paradise

Solid couple of weeks

Reactions: Randy Butternubs

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Joy con drift and Nintendo continued silence on it is their biggest f*** up this generation, but how poorly they handle their legacy content might be a close second.

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015
This is going to be my first experience with the series. Seems like a good time to get a 100 hour game, you know with the whole pandemic thing going on :p

Same here. I’ve never played any games in the series either but it looks right up my alley.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad