Nintendo Switch #3: More than 1 year later

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
Yeah don't buy it. There are lots of great 2D platformer type games on the eShop. Wait for a steep discount.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Yeah don't buy it. There are lots of great 2D platformer type games on the eShop. Wait for a steep discount.
I'd argue you dont even have to wait for a discount. The New Super Mario games are pretty crap. Trying to merge the mechanics of the SM64, Sunshine, Galaxy games into the 2d platformer format took away from the charm and feel of the side scrolling platform games IMO. I've spent more time trying to figure out why I don't like them than I care to admit but along with mostly forgettable levels and worlds, I really think the mechanics feel clunkier and slower in their effort to make Mario feel more like the full 3d edition from the console games.

Reactions: Winger98

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
haha

The blood is a bit much, but regardless I am just happy to see some indie hockey games getting made.

I would kill for a modern NHL Hitz, sans licence but with a deep customization tool.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
Free Switch Online subscription if you have Twitch Prime:

EDIT: If you already have a Switch Online subscription, this can stack on top of that, provided it's not a family subscription.

Good find. I can confirm it works. That being said, you can do the 3 months now, and then have to wait 60 days before you can then do the 9 months (aka it is 12 months but separated)

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
I just saw Civ 6 is on the Switch?? I don't have a PC, is it worth it to get this game on the Switch? I will be getting a PC eventually, just a run of the mill one for work stuff, but if I can get this game now if its worth it I may do so.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
I just saw Civ 6 is on the Switch?? I don't have a PC, is it worth it to get this game on the Switch? I will be getting a PC eventually, just a run of the mill one for work stuff, but if I can get this game now if its worth it I may do so.

It is a better game than I would have imagined had you just told me to picture Civ 6 on the Switch. It's most definitely not as enjoyable as the PC version, but it is technically impressive and the complete Civ 6 (vanilla) experience. The shortcuts that were taken were not in gameplay, so as long as you go into it knowing that it's going to be a bit wonky there's no reason you shouldn't enjoy it.

Reactions: PeterSidorkiewicz

Taro Tsujimoto

Jan 6, 2009
Clarence Center, NY
A Metroid Prime Trilogy port has leaked, too:

Cue the debate whether this has been in the works for a while, or if it's a recent decision as something of a make-good for the Metroid Prime 4 delay.

EDIT: And now A Link to the Past. too! What is going on?!?:

Last edited:

Seedtype

Aug 16, 2009
Ohio?!?!
Cool, I'll definitely be getting Persona 5 unless the port job is completely botched. I like the soundtrack a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad