Nintendo Switch #3: More than 1 year later

Status
Not open for further replies.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Hot damn, I hope that Risk of Rain 2 comes out to the Switch soon. I know that info about a Switch version was datamined, but their Twitter also warned that inclusion of information buried in the final product isn't a guarantee of anything.

Original was a top five game of all time for me, and now that I'm left without a computer I'm just hoping for a Switch version of the sequel.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Yea a LttP release seems weird. Could we wave goodbye to the idea of SNES games making it into their online subscription at that point?

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
I really enjoyed the demo. I would buy it but just don't feel like spending $80 on a 2D platformer right now.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
I wouldn't be surprised if he is actually referring to the NES Online release of Punch Out with Mr. Dream which was announced earlier this week.
Which has been around for about 30 years.

He should approach Nintendo about putting him back in the game though...

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
Which has been around for about 30 years.

He should approach Nintendo about putting him back in the game though...

Even with his largely rehabilitated image, no chance Nintendo would associate with him.

I cant imagine Nintendo ever working that closely with a combat fighter of any sort ever again. If it were to ever happen it would have to be someone super squeaky f***ing clean like GSP or something...and even that I think would never happen.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Just bought two indies I've been meaning to play for a while, Furi and Aquatic Adventures of the Last Human. At my point of satisfaction for both BotW and Risk of Rain, aka collectively about 75% of my total Switch play time, so been meaning to add games to my library for a while now, and both had good deals on the store.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Finally got around to starting Super Mario Odyssey. I now understand why people say this is the best 3D mario game since 64.

I also never thought Mario would lend itself to a more open world design but it works surprisingly well.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Finally got around to starting Super Mario Odyssey. I now understand why people say this is the best 3D mario game since 64.

I also never thought Mario would lend itself to a more open world design but it works surprisingly well.

Wait until you get to the City level.

Definitely a highlight of the game!

Another great example of how interesting and fun are not to be confused: Odyssey doesn't sound exciting but once you start to play, it takes on a life of its own.

Reactions: Supermassive

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
One of my fave games of all time is Mario 64, but I honestly haven't really gotten much into Odyssey. I feel like some of these crazy games that take so long to finish just require too much time and dedication to keep my attention. I have been playing Octopath forever and while I enjoy it, I think I'm only half way through.

I just had a kid, and I was hoping I would have lots of downtime to play games while she's sleeping but... that was a bigtime reality check lol.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
It's weird that Odyssey hasn't really gotten any DLC. People would pay good money for more Kingdoms.

I know they've done free updates (which I'm all about) but other than putting Luigi's mode in, they haven't really done anything significant.

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park
Wait until you get to the City level.

Definitely a highlight of the game!

Another great example of how interesting and fun are not to be confused: Odyssey doesn't sound exciting but once you start to play, it takes on a life of its own.

Yup, and my advice would be to take your time, explore, and grab as many moons on your first playthrough, because the insanely difficult race moons in later levels will make you quit the game for good. Being forced to detach the joycons and drum up speed with them is simply awful game design. Such a shame, because the worlds are beautiful and deserve to be explored to completion.

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
Just bought two indies I've been meaning to play for a while, Furi and Aquatic Adventures of the Last Human. At my point of satisfaction for both BotW and Risk of Rain, aka collectively about 75% of my total Switch play time, so been meaning to add games to my library for a while now, and both had good deals on the store.

Furi is really good, and the sound track is fantastic.

It's another one of those games that makes me wish I was better at video games, like Cuphead and Hollow Knight. :laugh:

...I did force my way through Cuphead, but it came at great cost...

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
Meh. The game is good for one play through. Hunting for moons after that point just isn't fun. All you do is run in circles throwing your hat at everything and ground pounding all over.

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
About to take a 6 hour flight on sunday, hoping to get some quality Switch time in. I may go out and buy the Genesis Classics for Streets of Rage

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
Luigi Mode is awesome.

I have barely tried it, though to be fair I really haven't given it a fair shake yet, but thats partly just because I am no longer engrossed in the game. Had it been in there from the start I am sure I would have given it more of a chance.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA

I bought Cuphead this weekend specifically because it will bother soulless, joyless scolds like this person if the game does very well.

Love the art style. Have only beaten one level though, and seriously doubt I will get a whole lot further. Super difficult games just aren't my bag.

Reactions: Supermassive
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->