Nintendo Switch #2: 1 year later

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
I don't know if anyone has gotten to any of the secret jobs in Octopath but just warning you, they are hard! I have my guys at level 52 and am getting wrecked!

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
I don't know if anyone has gotten to any of the secret jobs in Octopath but just warning you, they are hard! I have my guys at level 52 and am getting wrecked!

apparently those bosses have over 200,000health.
boo.

i'm still chapter twoing my characters (kind of) i'm just walking around discovering stuff.

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary
For anyone playing octopath I found a way to get easy money 5700 in around a min.

Once you have Cyrus and he had learned “evasive maneuvers” you can essentially explore the entire world. You also want Tressa with “grows in trees”. The occasional battle will happen and if you are in high danger areas you may get killed if you don’t escape. But make it to a town and your good.

Specifically head south to Marsalim. There are catacombs nearby that is danger level 50. Once your in run to where the boss is (you should have no problem getting there with no encounters) and choose “perhaps not”. This resets the step count so you won’t get any encounters for the next part. Now run left to the wall and touch it then back to the boss. Again “perhaps not” then back to the entrance. Exit and you will be 5700 richer thanks to Tressa.

Repeat until you have desired amount. The reason you need to touch the back wall is otherwise you won’t get the full 5700. Only 5400 so those extra steps count.

FYI I have completed everyone’s chapter 1 only. But most characters are around 15-20 level.

EDIT: this works in any cave/dungeon. The higher the level the more money. The key is being able to get to a boss pop up text box to reset the step count. I’ve also been successful doing it in Loch of lost king near Grandport but the set up is riskier to avoid battles as it is a bit farther to the boss. The catacombs is pretty much guaranteed as long as you don’t wander and go straight to the boss and open the text box.

Last edited:

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
I am legit hooked on Samus Returns. Great game. I love slowly unlocking all the suit upgrades and your suit progressively getting more and more badass.

Still woulda preferred it on Switch, but at least its giving me something to play on my Hylian Shield New 2DSXL that I was buying regardless. :thumbu:

Reactions: Do Make Say Think

vippe

Mar 18, 2008
Sweden
Finally got hold of my Octopath Traveller copy.. it's hard to get in stores even here in Sweden.

About two or so hours in, what a beautiful game, both visually and more than anything the music. Dang!

Reactions: Oogie Boogie

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
I am legit hooked on Samus Returns. Great game. I love slowly unlocking all the suit upgrades and your suit progressively getting more and more badass.

Still woulda preferred it on Switch, but at least its giving me something to play on my Hylian Shield New 2DSXL that I was buying regardless. :thumbu:

I told you haha

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA

Downloaded this last night after watching some glowing reviews for the PS4 version.

Only played a little bit before falling asleep last night but I love the tone of it.

MikeyMike01

U.S.S. Wang
Jul 13, 2007
Hell
I traded in an old Xbox One and picked up a Switch. The screen is awful and the bundled controller is super uncomfortable. Otherwise I really enjoy it, Nintendo did a great job.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
That looks super fun, but how are the controls?

Pretty sure it is a PC game that has been adapted to consoles so the controls were actually really tricky to get the hang of. They really frustrated me for a bit at first but I have since gotten the hang of it and am loving it.

I am also really bad at videogames so the controls are probably a lot easier to get the hang than I am making it sound.

Reactions: Nizdizzle

flyingkiwi

Oct 28, 2014
France
This is a very good sign. Some new DLC tracks for Mario Kart 8 bundled with an annual subscription to Nintendo's online service will go a long way towards softening the blow of rolling online play back behind a paywall.

Question: is there local wireless play on Switch between two consoles?

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
I am enjoying Octopath more than I thought I would. I have struggled with staying engaged in JRPGs these days... I have Tales of Berseria and usually find excuses to not play it.

The bite-size approach in Octopath works really well :)

Yeah the stories are super cliche and the dungeons are very simple/linear but it works. Fun is more important than interesting.

Reactions: Daisy Jane

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
Hollow Knight has me real interested. Will definitely pick it up once I finish some of the other games I’ve bought recently and am ignoring; Samus Returns, Cpt Toad, Octopath demo, Rabbis DLC, Sonic Mania Plus, Bomber Crew, Enter the Gungeon, plus still enjoying Oddyssey, Splatoon and Zelda.....geez, sure doesn’t feel like much of a drought anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad