Nintendo Switch #2: 1 year later

Status
Not open for further replies.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
I was thinking about this while listening to the soundtrack for the game...

If Ubisoft (or someone else) could re-acquire the license, the Scott Pilgrim game would be absolutely perfect for the Switch.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
During the weekend and the last two days -
i got all the special classes (which are awesome).
i finished tressa's chapter so now i can really mix and match my party, but i already miss her LOL but this way i can have everyone equally leveled now and i've knocked out some sidequests.

i adore this game.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
During the weekend and the last two days -
i got all the special classes (which are awesome).
i finished tressa's chapter so now i can really mix and match my party, but i already miss her LOL but this way i can have everyone equally leveled now and i've knocked out some sidequests.

i adore this game.
I only have one special class but I’ve finished the thief, scholar, hunter and cleric stories

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Octopath - while walking around where you get Alfyn I killed some clown with a bag and got like 3000 bucks and 1000 XP. I guess he was supposed to be hard to kill?

I lucked into a ridiculous spear (+71!) With Cyrus and his scrutenize and spent my savings on a 12k sword for Olberic. He is now a murder machine!

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
I just use this thing:

71iZuyXvobL._SL1500_.jpg

However, it didn't work at my friend's place just over a month ago. I wonder if it has just stopped working altogether... (I've been too busy with work and travel to hook this up)

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
Hate that I can't trust any 3rd party docks.

At least not until cloud saves come.

I really wish I could trust them. I would spend $50 on the early bird special for the full kit.

This is what is said in the Kickstarter page for bricking:

The cause of the bricking issue:
  • Some say “the Nintendo Switch and Dock are chock full of USB-C protocol errors and flaws.”But we have a different opinion. The USB-C protocol (PD protocol) has to be amended in order to prevent the system being hacked and meet Nintendo’s prospects in the future.
  • If what Nintendo said about the SWITCH only being compatible with licensed accessories was true, Nintendo should have designed a unique (different shape) socket instead of installing a universal USB-C port, or put warning stickers on the SWITCH and dock. They should have known that people (especially kids) would plug any number of devices into the SWITCH’s USB-C port.
  • We believe Nintendo’s engineers conducted compatibility tests with thousands of existing USB-C devices (adaptors, battery banks, hubs, etc) during the testing procedure. However, Nintendo underestimated the potential risks since there are many products made by small companies that do not follow the USB-C (PD) protocols. Nintendo did not give SWITCH proper protection. This is the reason why the SWITCH can be bricked by certain accessories but smart phones and laptops survived.
  • As long as the protocols in the accessories are in accordance with the PD protocol standards they should work perfectly with the Nintendo SWITCH. The NYCO dock had PD protocol errors; it drew too much power to the SWITCH and damaged the power management component.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
Yep. But honestly, I'd love this whole dock setup but the fact that some third party docks can possibly brick your Switch, I'm going to have to pass for now.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
Absolutely hooked on Enter the Gungeon now. What a fun as hell game :vhappy:

I just found a 'gun', that is actually a bullet itself, which shoots out guns, guns which ALSO start shooting once they have been fired out of your bullet gun.

:bow:

I had heard it talked about for years and so glad I finally got around to it. Also I love that there are so many of these kinds of games now where I can ignore it for years and it won't feel dated or stale in the slightest bit.

A great shade of blue too! Would love a matching set, but with proper buttons on the right side.

Still not until cloud saves.

Oogie Boogie

Apr 9, 2011
Of course whenever I finally buy Gungeon for PC, it goes on sale on the Switch not long after I buy it for PC :laugh: :cry:

Also

This has made my week
YES!
FINALLY!

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Octopath - while walking around where you get Alfyn I killed some clown with a bag and got like 3000 bucks and 1000 XP. I guess he was supposed to be hard to kill?

I lucked into a ridiculous spear (+71!) With Cyrus and his scrutenize and spent my savings on a 12k sword for Olberic. He is now a murder machine!

Caits. there are 3
normal just has the yellow bag
top hat (is harder)
fat ones are hardest (it takes 3 large soul stones or a really amped up mage to olberiate them) early games, they are awesome - oce you hit level 60 it's meh.

Reactions: Do Make Say Think
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad