Nintendo Switch #2: 1 year later

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Just played three hours of the Octopath demo. Fantastic game. Very excited for the full version tomorrow! I started as the thief and got the hunter, scholar, and cleric. Loving all of them.

Dzonna

Mar 28, 2017
Going to pick up octopath for me and toad treasure for the gf today. Finally.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Treasure Tracker is only $50 Cdn so I couldn't resist downloading it last night.
Is it just a puzzle game? How long is it?

I played the first level, seemed interesting but not enough to know how it progresses.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
It is a puzzle game based on 3D Mario physics/engine. I am terrible at judging how "long" a game is, because I play incredibly slowly AND in fairly short bursts. If you are sprinting through the puzzles you can probably finish it in 3 or 4 hours, i'm not sure.

Every level also has lots of 'challenges'. Some that don't open up until after you finish the main game. Every level has a time challenge, amiibo hide and seek challenge, I don't remember if there is an alternate Toadette mode or if she just has her own unique levels, but I never found this game wanting for content when I played it on Wii U and couldn't wait to download it for Switch.

IMO this is a full price game that for some inexplicable reason that I don't understand but ain't about to complain about, Nintnedo decided they were going to treat it like some kind of mid-tier 'value' game. Like, Nintendo charged $80 for 1, 2, Switch but $50 for this.....I don't get it, but whatever. :thumbu:

Oogie Boogie

Apr 9, 2011
Picked mine up a few hours ago but I haven't really been able to play it yet. About to start it up here soon though for the rest of the day.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Got Toad and Octopath

Gonna go for an epic bike ride and start playing as I wind down and eat afterwards

Gonna be a good Friday evening :)

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
oh. my god. I am in love with this game. (Octopath).
i started a new file, and am just taking my time. geeze.
i hope this game gets a spiritual sequel.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
i don't know if anyone is in chapter two yet - I was just doing some exploring to unlock the town and i discovered this hole so i thought "oh, cave!!" it's actually a job shrine. i didn't think jobs would unlock like that.

just keep this in mind if you are spending all your job points. in chapter one :)

oh this isn't ike bravely default that you can have a team of the same class. you can only have maximum of two.

Last edited:

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
KR93TA2.gif

Papa Francouz

Nov 25, 2013
Denver, CO
My Amazon preorder for the Wayfarer's Edition just shipped today, so I won't be able to start it until Wednesday at the earliest. Probably Thursday since I have hockey on Wednesday night.

I've been playing Thimbleweed Park in the meantime. As someone who didn't grow up with the LucasArts classics because I was too young to really understand them, I'm really liking this style of game. It reminds me a lot of Twin Peaks (which I love), so it earns some brownie points with me there. I just hope I can complete it before Wednesday/Thursday rolls around.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
If we ever get Castle Crashers or Ninja Turtles or any old arcade beat-em-ups on Switch I will buy this completely unnecessary contraption immediately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad