Confirmed with Link: Nils Lundkvist to DAL for 2023 1st (Top-10 Protected) and 2025 4th (Conditional)

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
Nice return, should be a mid teens first rounder in a deep draft. Makes it possible to move ours (if needed) at the trade deadline. Good job Drury.

The McDonagh trade tree lives on.
They need to keep their own pick and try to trade up if need be to get a player they love, center preferably.

Reactions: Riche16

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
I think there’s a good chance that this ends up an 2023 11–20 or 2024 1-16 pick. Unreal return for a guy demanding a trade.

Lundkvist is a very underrated prospect by fans in the league. I thought he was already a bottom pairing NHL caliber defender in his stint, and there’s clearly a lot of time/room to grow.

I cannot express enough how good the 2023 draft is even for our primary positional need.

If the Rangers keep the pick, they have a good chance at picking a better player than Lundkvist. If they don’t, it’ll be moved for a major deadline asset.

For those interested:

Early potential 11-20 range for 2023 centers

Nate Danielson
Calum Ritchie
Charlie Stramel
William Smith
Otto Stenberg

(Bedard, Dvorsky, Fantilli, Carlsson, Yager likely top 10)

Potential top 2024 centers

Macklin Celebrini
Christian Humphreys
Oskar Vuollet
Michael Hage
Nathan Villeneuve

Last edited:

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
Great deal given situation. What does Dallas farm system look like? Any prospects that could've gotten instead of the pick?

Dallas has a bunch of centers but my guess is they didn’t want to part with the one we wanted so we settled in a first rounder instead.

Kendo

Jun 16, 2006
The Hamburger Train.
I'm surprised Nils held that much value still, but really good on Drury for getting that much in return for him. DAL is in the middle of a division with some of the best Western Conference teams and the two worst. I think it'll be tough for them to be better than COL, MIN, or STL unless Oettinger ends up being this year's Shesterkin.

Really happy with what Drury was able to do to handle this situation. Nils is going to face the same issues in DAL with Heiskanen and Harley there.
He'll be in a 2nd/3rd pair mix with Harley as opposed to a 3rd/Maybe Off-Hand/AHL mix with Schneids. If he shows up ready to play, he's getting us that 3rd rounder!

(I actually doubt it, but sniffing 50 points over two seasons and just falling short isn't out of the question.)

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
A plus return given the situation. Very satisfied. Would have liked Nils to try it here but a first and possible third? No problem!

Reactions: RangersFan1994

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
I’m going to get out ahead of this now, NO ONE should be saying that this opens up the possibility of trading the Rangers 1st this year. This years draft is going to be VERY deep. Keep both picks. If Drury wants to extend this window, this is a good opportunity to do so. Make a couple of good picks in next years draft and get a couple of nice ELC skilled players entering the NHL at a good time when they will be sorely needed.

Also makes up for not having a 1st this year as next years draft is significantly better.

1000% percent.

This is your chance to settle up the remaining long term forward depth issues the team has.

Nail these two picks at forward, especially if you get a center or two, and you are in very good shape. Or trade up and get one absolute stud and you are good too. You gotta hit though. And you can’t give either of them away for a 28 or a 34 year old.

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
Please don’t select the next Lias Andersson. Remember when we had a decent pick in a deep draft Hugh Jessiman. Prove me wrong Rangers scouts. Draft the best power forward center with this pick please.

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
I think there’s a good chance that this ends up an 2023 11–20 or 2024 1-16 pick. Unreal return for a guy demanding a trade.

Lundkvist is a very underrated prospect by fans in the league. I thought he was already a bottom pairing NHL caliber defender in his stint, and there’s clearly a lot of time/room to grow.

I cannot express enough how good the 2023 draft is even for our primary positional need.

If the Rangers keep the pick, they have a good chance at picking a better player than Lundkvist. If they don’t, it’ll be moved for a major deadline asset.

For those interested:

Early potential 11-20 range for 2023 centers

Nate Danielson
Calum Ritchie
Charlie Stramel
William Smith
Otto Stenberg

(Bedard, Dvorsky, Fantilli, Carlsson, Yager likely top 10)

Potential top 2024 centers

Macklin Celebrini
Christian Humphreys
Oskar Vuolett
Michael Hage
Nathan Villeneuve
More centers than you can shake a stick at but Drury and Co. will select a wing for sure.

Reactions: gabevh3

TheGortonConspiracy

Wow its a nice GM
May 2, 2017
NYC
Oh my what a robbery by Dru!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dallas better hope Nils wants to sign long term, earlier the better.

Hoping for a long and successful career in the top4 for Nils

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
With everything going on in the world and a KHL contract that is a few years long (I think) its entirely possible.
That’s the kind of move that really sets you up. Draft and stash? We can afford it with Trochek here. It’s insulating the future 3-4 years out that is most important.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00