Value of: Nikolji Ehlers

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Agree that offer was ridiculous (wasn't mine). But so are some of the comments you just wrote :laugh:. Ehlers was out for 20 games injured and has played on every single line including the 4th on the Jets. He plays 4min less than Nuge, is younger, defensively underrated and historically produces more. I'm fine with anyone picking either one as being "best" but think it's a lot closer than I have seen some oilers fans say. We are all biased as I mostly watch Ehlers and you usually watch Nuge.

Well.. I'm off the watch him play in the playoffs ;)

Historically, their production is very similar with RNH’s being with worse linemates and no puckmoving defencemen. This year RNH was the better player. I’m fine with them being valued similarly though I’d tip it to RNH’s side being more positionally valuable. Good luck!

Reactions: DashingDane

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
No interest or need in trading Ehlers barring an offer the Jets simply couldn’t refuse that includes a very good young 2C or top 4 D signed long term.....otherwise go away. Ehlers is one of the least likely players to be traded.
Fowler + for Ehlers, granted I doubt fowler fits exactly what your lookin for.

I considered the idea of Rakell for ehlers… idk that it works out as well as I thought tho.
Ehlers scored at a .70 ppg pace the last 3 seasons
Rakell scored at a .75 ppg pace the last 3 seasons

Rakell is roughly 3 years older, and signed for 3 more years for 2.2 less than Ehlers, ehlers contract is a bit longer at a fair deal. Both had kinda down years this year.... rakell was playing injured on a bad offensive team... I fully expect him to bounce back next season. And ehlers should bounce back nicely next season also. Rakell could be used as a center, has looked better at wing in his career but I think with the high caliber wingers the jets have rakell could be a good 2c. Idk that id do it from Anaheim perspective, just a thought... prob adds from both sides to even it out a bit, nothing crazy tho.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Fowler + for Ehlers, granted I doubt fowler fits exactly what your lookin for.

I considered the idea of Rakell for ehlers… idk that it works out as well as I thought tho.
Ehlers scored at a .70 ppg pace the last 3 seasons
Rakell scored at a .75 ppg pace the last 3 seasons

Rakell is roughly 3 years older, and signed for 3 more years for 2.2 less than Ehlers, ehlers contract is a bit longer at a fair deal. Both had kinda down years this year.... rakell was playing injured on a bad offensive team... I fully expect him to bounce back next season. And ehlers should bounce back nicely next season also. Rakell could be used as a center, has looked better at wing in his career but I think with the high caliber wingers the jets have rakell could be a good 2c. Idk that id do it from Anaheim perspective, just a thought... prob adds from both sides to even it out a bit, nothing crazy tho.

Rakell is the only player mentioned in this thread that would be interesting IMO.......if he was a centre.....but isn’t he play wing only (I might be wrong)? Let me say it another way, what % does he play centre vs wing? If he plays wing only I don’t see any motivation to do the trade. If Chevy/scouts were confident he could play a two way 2C and up points I would do it.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Rakell is the only player mentioned in this thread that would be interesting IMO.......if he was a centre.....but isn’t he play wing only (I might be wrong)? Let me say it another way, what % does he play centre vs wing? If he plays wing only I don’t see any motivation to do the trade. If Chevy/scouts were confident he could play a two way 2C and up points I would do it.
He was moved to winger 2 or 3 years ago, more effective off wing... mostly only plays center when we have injuries. I still think he could play center but he hasnt done it much over last 2 seasons. Prob not a sure enough thing for winnipeg tho

Reactions: Hunter368

Canucks1096

Feb 13, 2016
Jets will have cap issues so his value might be less.

Connor, Laine and Trouba are all RFA. You are looking at about 12 to 15 M more. Jets are only about 3 M under the cap, only big salary that is off the table is Myers at 5.5 M but Jet will need to find a D to replace him.

If Jets can't find a taker for Kulikov and Perreault 4 plus M salaries for both. A big name for the Jets might need to be moved. I think Jets they Valued Laine and Connor more than Ehlers.

Picks/prospects and players with cheap contracts will get it done for Ehlers.

Jets might want to move Ehlers at a lower price for a team that can take Perreault or Kulikov contract

Canucks1096

Feb 13, 2016
No interest or need in trading Ehlers barring an offer the Jets simply couldn’t refuse that includes a very good young 2C or top 4 D signed long term.....otherwise go away. Ehlers is one of the least likely players to be traded.

In this nhl there is something that is called the salary cap.

Canucks1096

Feb 13, 2016
Another reason why Ehlers would not be traded.

If Jets are not able to get rid to some of their bad contracts to resign Laine, Connor and Trouba. Ehlers is most likely to be traded.

The core of Wheeler, Schefelie, Laine, Connor, Morrisey, Buff, Trouba, Hellebuyck. Those 8 are more valuable,

If a core player needs to traded, Ehlers is the most likely player to get traded. Cup contenders don't trade away their number 1 C, number 1 G, captain or their top pairing D. Laine potential is a lot higher than Ehlers

To say Ehlers is one of the least likely players traded is completely not accurate.

Snowman

Oct 12, 2007
Texas
If Jets are not able to get rid to some of their bad contracts to resign Laine, Connor and Trouba. Ehlers is most likely to be traded.

The core of Wheeler, Schefelie, Laine, Connor, Morrisey, Buff, Trouba, Hellebuyck. Those 8 are more valuable,

If a core player needs to traded, Ehlers is the most likely player to get traded. Cup contenders don't trade away their number 1 C, number 1 G, captain or their top pairing D. Laine potential is a lot higher than Ehlers

To say Ehlers is one of the least likely players traded is completely not accurate.
Nope. It is completely accurate to say Ehlers is one of the least likely to be moved.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Of course he is not untouchable. EVERY player is available. His contract may even make him more valuable as a trade asset.

If the Jets exit the playoffs early and look as weary as they have for much of the second half of this season, Chevy has both incentive and reason to make several substantial moves. Something has to develop re Trouba, that may lead to a major deal involving a couple of young in their prime players from Winnipeg being moved.

The lack of a 2C that creates offence has really been noticeable the last 2 years. IMO if the JETS want to be truly serious contenders that is a position that needs to be addressed and no Stastny for one playoff run and likely Hayes for another isn't the answer. Something has to be given and automatically dismissing Ehlers as potentially someone that won't be considered is severely short sighted.

That weariness is usually Paul Maurice syndrome...

Reactions: Heldig

KingJoffrey

Jan 30, 2014
Hahahaha. Did Ehlers become a prime Bure when I wasn’t looking? That’s absolutely ridiculous.

Contract matters. 6 more years at 6 mil is nuts. Nuge is UFA soon and Nurse will get a new big money deal soon.

Oilers need a young star winger at good price to move on. They can't affort for Patrick Kane for example. Ehlers is great player, but what make him so valuable is his contract.

In 3-4 years when CAP goes up and you have McDavid and Ehlers at 18.5 and in same time Jack Hughes and MacKinnon are making ~15-16 mil per year you're in good spot.

LMFAO

May 20, 2010
Jets will have cap issues so his value might be less.

Connor, Laine and Trouba are all RFA. You are looking at about 12 to 15 M more. Jets are only about 3 M under the cap, only big salary that is off the table is Myers at 5.5 M but Jet will need to find a D to replace him.

If Jets can't find a taker for Kulikov and Perreault 4 plus M salaries for both. A big name for the Jets might need to be moved. I think Jets they Valued Laine and Connor more than Ehlers.

Picks/prospects and players with cheap contracts will get it done for Ehlers.

Jets might want to move Ehlers at a lower price for a team that can take Perreault or Kulikov contract

Myers won't resign
Kulikov will get bought out
Parreault will be tradded

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Contract matters. 6 more years at 6 mil is nuts. Nuge is UFA soon and Nurse will get a new big money deal soon.

Oilers need a young star winger at good price to move on. They can't affort for Patrick Kane for example. Ehlers is great player, but what make him so valuable is his contract.

In 3-4 years when CAP goes up and you have McDavid and Ehlers at 18.5 and in same time Jack Hughes and MacKinnon are making ~15-16 mil per year you're in good spot.

Ehlers is not a star winger and your offer is absurd.

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB

Ehlers isn't the calibre of player you think he is. A good 30 goal + 65 point guy but not the elite star winger you think he is.

Ehlers can't hold Patrick Kane's jock.

KingJoffrey

Jan 30, 2014
Ehlers isn't the calibre of player you think he is. A good 30 goal + 65 point guy but not the elite star winger you think he is.

Ehlers can't hold Patrick Kane's jock.

His usage hold him back a lot. He was couple years ago 8th best even strenght scorer. Not playing 1st PP minutes hurt his statline.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad