Player Discussion: Nikolaj Ehlers

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingJoffrey

Jan 30, 2014
PoMo is always been pos, but Chevy should step up. And Ehlers’s agent should just be already calling to him.

Vekke

Feb 28, 2018
I seriously think that it would be best for Ehlers to get traded. With CSW untouchable there is absolutely no use for him. [mod]

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Ippenator

Halberdier

May 14, 2016
I've never liked Maurice and i still don't like him. Playing Ehlers for 10 minutes in the season opener is pathetic. I really don't understand what goes on in his head.

You don't like yourself?

I have always liked him. Just don't think he is a good NHL coach though.

VRE was not a good line, so not surpised about their low TOI. Lines just needs to be rearranged to get things going and at least 50% more TOI for Ehlers.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
You don't like yourself?

I have always liked him. Just don't think he is a good NHL coach though.

VRE was not a good line, so not surpised about their low TOI. Lines just needs to be rearranged to get things going and at least 50% more TOI for Ehlers.

:laugh: Yeah, he seems like a nice person, but he's not a great coach
This game was good, but Ehlers better start getting more ice time

Ippenator

Jan 6, 2016
Espoo
I've never liked Maurice and i still don't like him. Playing Ehlers for 10 minutes in the season opener is pathetic. I really don't understand what goes on in his head.
Man you have a serious identity crisis! It’s not a good thing to not like yourself. Also speaking of yourself as a third person, is not a good sign either... :sarcasm:

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012

Very simple to see what was going on in his head. That line was having a tough time, there was a shift in the 2nd where they were hemmed in for a long time (a 1 min 39 second shift for the Center), that combined with the fact that it was 1 goal game till late in the 2nd meant that those guys weren't out that much. Hard to give a guy ice when you don't fully trust his linemates in a 1-goal game. Once the game was blown wide open, Ehlers and Roslovic started seeing more ice.

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo
Very simple to see what was going on in his head. That line was having a tough time, there was a shift in the 2nd where they were hemmed in for a long time (a 1 min 39 second shift for the Center), that combined with the fact that it was 1 goal game till late in the 2nd meant that those guys weren't out that much. Hard to give a guy ice when you don't fully trust his linemates in a 1-goal game. Once the game was blown wide open, Ehlers and Roslovic started seeing more ice.
A rookie, a guy who has never played C in the NHL and a full on offensive forward. What the hell did he expect when he put that line together? There's so much he could with this lineup if he was just willing to touch the first line, but i suppose he's scared that Wheeler & Connor just start sucking if they're not on it?

Actually you wouldn't even need to break the first line, all you'd have to do is swap Roslovic & Little and the lineup would already look better.

Last edited:

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
A rookie, a guy who has never played C in the NHL and a full on offensive forward. What the hell did he expect when he put that line together? There's so much he could with this lineup if he was just willing to touch the first line, but i suppose he's scared that Wheeler & Connor just start sucking if they're not on it?

Odd time to complain about the coach not breaking up that first line right after they just had 6 points between them and looked dominant out there. But if that's the hill you want to die on, don't let me stop you. ;)

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo
Odd time to complain about the coach not breaking up that first line right after they just had 6 points between them and looked dominant out there. But if that's the hill you want to die on, don't let me stop you. ;)
If it makes you feel any better, i already complained about the lack of experimenting during the pre-season. I've also never said that the first line is bad (why would i?).

Vekke

Feb 28, 2018
You wont win Stanley Cup with dominant first line. You could won Cup with two almost dominant lines. It is clear that these lines can take Jets to playoffs. Is it enough?

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
What did Nic do to deserve this? :laugh:

Why cant it be Little or Perrault,:sarcasm:

NIC is your best left wing. I can only think of 9 better left wing in the league above him. That list included Giroux.

Im trying to understand.

4th line minutes !!!! :huh:

What i think of Nic Ehlers this last 4 years.

He is a team player. :thumbu:

Reactions: QuietContrarian

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Should be plenty of suiters for Ehlers with his pretty sweet contract and 2 60+ seasons.

He could fetch a decent C, or an upgrade on D.

This is a waste of capspace, and detrimental to a young player like Ehlers career in so many ways.

So Chevy, make this a win-win for both parties.

KingJoffrey

Jan 30, 2014
Should be plenty of suiters for Ehlers with his pretty sweet contract and 2 60+ seasons.

This is a waste of capspace, and detrimental to a young player like Ehlers career in so many ways.

And Chevy needs to trade him now before his value drops. He won’t score 60 points while playing 10 min per game. Connor, Trouba, Laine signings are incoming...

Reactions: QuietContrarian

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo

Ehlers-Scheifele-Wheeler
Connor-Little-Laine

Try something, he's a top 6 forward.

E: Things are at the point where i don't want to draw Laine on the first line anymore because people will shit on me for being a bias.

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
I trade

Any forward first before Ehlers

Except

For Schiefele and Laine

The kid is in sweet contract.

Doesnt pout when he gets slide down any lines.

Is proven point producer back to back 60 points.

Top 10 LW in the league.

The one guy who committed to the team beside Schiefele without blinking twice.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
I trade

Any forward first before Ehlers

Except

For Schiefele and Laine

The kid is in sweet contract.

Doesnt pout when he gets slide down any lines.

Is proven point producer back to back 60 points.

Top 10 LW in the league.

The one guy who committed to the team beside Schiefele without blinking twice.
Yet some fans would trade him without blinking an eye.

I honestly think he is being mistreated by management, remember those 2 games with "malais" in the PO? Yeah right.

And a few posters are now being really hard on him, and very unfair in their review of him.

It is dissapointing to say the least.

Reactions: Board Bard

Ares

May 8, 2018
I remember there being rumors that Ehlers had fallen off with the team... then this year he was one of the last guys to return to Peg and apparently wasn't in top shape... but that's just rumors. What ever the truth may be... we all know it's only a matter of time before Perreault gets injured.

I think Maurice loves that Lowry line too much. 10 minutes is fine for grinders like them, skilled guys should have more minutes.

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
It's a fact that Jets have to get rid of several high paid players in the coming years and the way things are shaping Ehlers should be in the top part of that list in everyones mind.
Here is the top part of the list for the whole team...

Little
Perrault
Myers
Byfuglien
Kulikov
Wheeler
Trouba (he is leaving soon)

Then
Guys who hasnt proven as much as Ehlers

Then

You put Ehlers 《《《《《here right with Adam Lowry

The only players below Ehlers are

Morrissey
Hellybuyck
Schiefele

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Everyone wants a balanced lineup until we get one and then it is "I'm not happy with my favourite players ice time". No one is being traded any time soon. The Jets are a very deep and talented team and are a serious cup contender. No reason to enjoy having a dominant team, much better to spend the season bickering about my favourite players usage.

And I'm a big Ehlers fan and really like the experiment of trying to develop a young duo with Rosie and Nic. I think once they are able to dominate their matchups you look at introducing Laine and develop your big 2nd line.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
The takes in this thread: pretty hot.

I have no problem with trying a line like VRE: if it works, they'll absolutely feast on matchups.

Some really old school running in here. Also: what better way to ensure that Ves gets a proper evaluation than to put him with other fast and offensively creative players. It was only a few short years ago that he'd be saddled with Thorburn.

I like the experiment.

Halberdier

May 14, 2016
The takes in this thread: pretty hot.

I have no problem with trying a line like VRE: if it works, they'll absolutely feast on matchups.

Some really old school running in here. Also: what better way to ensure that Ves gets a proper evaluation than to put him with other fast and offensively creative players. It was only a few short years ago that he'd be saddled with Thorburn.

I like the experiment.

If you want to try Vesalainen with fast and offensively creative players, what about trying VRL? Laine is fast enough, albeit slower than Ehlers, and one of the most offensively creative players while being defensively responsible?

That would allow PLE to continue where they left last season, as they were good together.

For sure, not an optimal position for the best goal scorer of the team, but the current situation is not that much better either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad