Player Discussion: Nikolaj Ehlers

Status
Not open for further replies.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
was one of the best players on the ice last night, don't really know what any of you are talking about.
If you'r talking about Ehlers, you need glasses...not saying he had a bad game (barely average) but lots of players played better than he did.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011

Ehlers was on his way to a 30 goal season until he got hurt this year, and I believe he had around 30 last year -- not to shabby for a 22 year old, that's quite a ways away from his prime. Don't worry --he'll start to score.

He set up Little on 2 beautiful passes that Little could not convert last night.:nod:

Laine was on pace for a 60 goal season in November until he stopped scoring, there no guarantee Ehlers would have 30 even if he had stayed healthy, there is nothing guaranteed in sports, ask the Tampa Bay Lightning!

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Appears Ehlers is not built for playoff hockey; second year in a row he has struggled. Connor seems to excel in the playoffs.

Connor has put up the points the last two games but he is playing with Scheifele and Wheeler and on the top PP unit whereas Ehlers is expected to do a lot of heavy lifting on his line. Their situations are not comparable. I have full faith in Ehlers to get going.

Connor has had bad games in the playoffs. Maybe not as many as Ehlers. Ehlers needs to get something done or he's going to become trade bait.

I hope not. Putting oversized weight into a handful of playoff games is how teams end up trading guys like Eberle.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Connor has put up the points the last two games but he is playing with Scheifele and Wheeler and on the top PP unit whereas Ehlers is expected to do a lot of heavy lifting on his line. Their situations are not comparable. I have full faith in Ehlers to get going.

I hope not. Putting oversized weight into a handful of playoff games is how teams end up trading guys like Eberle.
Playoff games mean more than regular season games and both Laine and little look sharper than Ehlers.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Ehlers has being playing really well these playoffs, just not scoring. He's skating strong and making some nice passes, and hitting the net with his shot, but their just not going in -- but the goals will come. All players go thru minor slumps. He's just to good for this not to turn around in his favor, and for the Jets. Be patient.

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
Elhers should be scratched for the next game.Maybe he can score from the press box.It'll give him something to think about this summer.

Even my step-father from Copenhagen has stopped defending Elhers,

Oh well if your step father said so it must be true! :facepalm: And put who in his place exactly? Someone far less effective? Or do you just look at box scores to determine if someone is playing well or not? I’m going to guess that’s a yes.

NotCommitted

Jul 4, 2013
Ehlers is fine and he is playing on a very team friendly contract. Whatever the reasons, of the "top-6" wingers, Ehlers has by far the most difficult job, the way he is used and constantly juggled around the lineup. He might play 9 minutes one game and 15 the next. Why on earth he ever plays under 15 I don't understand though.

NotCommitted

Jul 4, 2013
You can't expect a guy like him to play whatever minutes are left on the table and then use his speed to his advantage AND make good decisions with the puck. Basically you make another Tanev out of him by playing him that way, except that Tanev is a lot better suited for playing low minutes.

In a way I feel Maurice has struck gold with CLT, too bad he hasn't really tried to do the same with the rest of the lines.

RustyCat

Registered homie
Dec 29, 2014
Winnipeg
I'd like to see Ehlers and Perreault swapped. Playing with Hayes & Roslovic might be a bit better for his game, and Perreault's puck retrieval and forecheck would help Little & Laine get time and space.

Reactions: Ippenator

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
Ehler's is being left behind on this line -
Laine is learning to play hockey like it's a contact sport and Little has always played that way.
Now the line plays a different game - a little more north / south and less east / west.

Dump, crash, cycle, possession - there's a Mo influence taking place and Ehlers might be lagging behind a bit.

Disclaimer - this might be too hot a take for some :D

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Ehlers has being playing really well these playoffs, just not scoring. He's skating strong and making some nice passes, and hitting the net with his shot, but their just not going in -- but the goals will come. All players go thru minor slumps. He's just to good for this not to turn around in his favor, and for the Jets. Be patient.

Sorry G can’t disagree more, Ehlers has been weak in all facets of the game this playoff, he shys away from anything near the boards, continually circles back towards the blue line when he does manage to get in the Blues d zone, that fake slipper, weakly slap a turnover shot in the direction of the goalie for a guaranteed turnover is getting old!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad