Player Discussion: Nikolaj Ehlers

Status
Not open for further replies.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
I am not arguing he should be getting some pts, or that people who are on his back don’t have a reason to be - I am arguing that posters who are quick to point out his shortcomings and bad stretches, never really seem to aknowledge him when he has good stretches.
when was his last good stretch? He scored a hat-trick against San Jose but he didn't have a point in the game before and didn't have a point for the five games after. I honestly don't think he has had a good stretch this season.

KB1971

Dec 15, 2017
I am not arguing he shouldn’t be getting some pts, or that people who are on his back don’t have a reason to be - I am arguing that posters who are quick to point out his shortcomings and bad stretches, never really seem to aknowledge him when he has good stretches.
He has lots of talent/tools and has had good stretches, they just aren't when it matters. That is the issue.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
I am not arguing he shouldn’t be getting some pts, or that people who are on his back don’t have a reason to be - I am arguing that posters who are quick to point out his shortcomings and bad stretches, never really seem to aknowledge him when he has good stretches.

Oh right the first half of the season good stretches in his first couple NHL seasons, I forgot!

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
hamster.gif

Attachments

• upload_2019-4-20_20-33-21.gif
    upload_2019-4-20_20-33-21.gif
    314.7 KB · Views: 1
Reactions: sipowicz

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
IF Ehlers can put up some pts, a point tonight, I will be more than happy to eat crow and will be the 1st to praise him.

GaryPoppins

A broken clock is right twice in a day
Sep 10, 2016
Ehlers lack of production in playoffs has become a bit of a concern. The sample size is growing and while I'm certain it's merely getting one and the rest will come... But we sure could use it tonight.

In general he does seem to get a bit lost in heavier games. Not sure this series really suites his style of play.

Cypruss

Stand up for your beliefs.
Oct 18, 2018
LaSalle, Manitoba
Gimme a break, goal less through close to 20 playoff games, pointless in five games in the Blues series now, guy is making $6.25 M per and laying an egg!

Wow, thanks for the update. I didn't realize that Ehlers had even dressed for these past 5 games. Interesting.....I'll look hard for him tonight, but I feel I'll have trouble seeing him again.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Wow, thanks for the update. I didn't realize that Ehlers had even dressed for these past 5 games. Interesting.....I'll look hard for him tonight, but I feel I'll have trouble seeing him again.

No, Ehlers was playing! Just hasn't done anything in the playoffs once again! He's a real bargain at $6.25 M per season as well according to some!

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Little, Perreault, Trouba, Morrisey, Copp, Roslovic, Myers, Kulikov, and Chiarot all have no goals as well.
Roslovic is getting less than a mil. Give him 6mil and get back to me.
People have been giving Perrault a hard time.
Lits, and Copp have points. Not goals, but, assists.
Myers, Kuli, Chariot, Mo, Trouba all D. So the standards for D and forwards are the same now?

Nov 15, 2010
Western Canada
Roslovic is getting less than a mil. Give him 6mil and get back to me.
People have been giving Perrault a hard time.
Lits, and Copp have points. Not goals, but, assists.
Myers, Kuli, Chariot, Mo, Trouba all D. So the standards for D and forwards are the same now?
Well how am I supposed to know you would change your argument? You stated no goals so I replied. Should we also talk about Ehlers possibly not being 100%? Of course goals for defenceman are not the same for forwards, but at the same time they should be strong in their own end, which we have seen some serious brain farts end in goals (ex: see Trouba to end the last game).

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Well how am I supposed to know you would change your argument? You stated no goals so I replied. Should we also talk about Ehlers possibly not being 100%? Of course goals for defenceman are not the same for forwards, but at the same time they should be strong in their own end, which we have seen some serious brain farts end in goals (ex: see Trouba to end the last game).
How am I changing the argument? How is pointing out the other guys at least have a point changing the argument? Do you know Ehlers is not 100% was he 100% in last year's playoffs where Copp, Perrault, Little all have goals? Brain farts and defensive play is changing argument more than goals to assists. Tanev also has a goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad