Nikolai Kulemin

namttebih

Dec 11, 2010
East York
Yeah... he had a good year when he was used in an offensive role with offensive players.

Last season he had a poor year offensively when used in a defensive role with offensive players. This season he did poorly offensively when used in a defensive role with defensive players. I'm not sure why any of this is a surprise or a sign that he's regressed/has no heart/blah blah blah.

Anyway this is all a moot point because Kulemin would be an idiot to re-sign here.

You're conveniently omitting 2011-12. He was played with offensive players in an offensive system and scored 7 goals.

Tyler Biggs*

Unfortunately, Randy has Kulemin in a completely defensive role and on PK. He does not get PP minutes. A shame with his amazing and accurate wrist shot. A very honest, hard worker, strong on the boards, cheap price, great shot, 200 ft. player---what a waste of talent.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
If you can retain Kules for 3m do it. Especially if we are moving the older guys out. Guys like him have legit value just play him in a position to succeed again. Working with idea Lupul is bringing back pick and we play for Moulson and Cammy I would offer Kules 3.5x1 to get a new feel and better line opportunity. See if he wants to have another shot at offense. If not there's not much we can do really.

At least that way if he doesn't pan out we can deadline him.

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada
I hope he dominates alongside his buddy Malkin.

Good luck Kulemin; I always saw the offensive threat, too bad the coaches didn't.

Randy is the reason he walks, and the reason he will score 25goals next year.

Tyler Biggs*

Kulemin, a great versatile all-around hockey player. He is one of my favourites on the Leafs because I can tell he works hard on and off the ice and he tries hard mostly every shift. He can defend well and put the puck in the back of the net when he wants to - a 30 goal scorer when played correctly but not by Carlyle.. Don't listen to the criticism out there because this guy is a gem.

FifthLine

@AHartScout
Jul 2, 2011
toronto
Kulemin, a great versatile all-around hockey player. He is one of my favourites on the Leafs because I can tell he works hard on and off the ice and he tries hard mostly every shift. He can defend well and put the puck in the back of the net when he wants to - a 30 goal scorer when played correctly but not by Carlyle.. Don't listen to the criticism out there because this guy is a gem.

Stop bringing up dead threads. And really? A 30 goal scorer? His down fall wasn't because of coaching, he isn't a top 6 guy flat out.

Close this, he's not coming back.

cookie

Fresh From The Oven
Nov 24, 2009
Oven then stomach

Imagine if we'd given some of Mason Raymond's minutes to Kulemin? At the very least, he'd have more goals, we would have had more zone time and the team in general would have scored a little less.

Celly Hard

Nov 5, 2013
Ontario
Love Kule, but Carlyle ran him into the ground along with Grabo and Mac.

It's time to move on, hope he kills it in pittsburgh with Malkin.

Tyler Biggs*

I hope he dominates alongside his buddy Malkin.

Good luck Kulemin; I always saw the offensive threat, too bad the coaches didn't.

Randy is the reason he walks, and the reason he will score 25goals next year.

Yup. I have a feeling Kulemin will sign for Pittsburgh to play with his mate Malkin & will put up 20-25 goals next season

HonestHockey*

The Kulemin-Bolland-Clarkson line will be a fine NHL line this season.

Donato

#BarSouth
Nov 19, 2011
he handles the puck like a live grenade. unless he's set up with a pass in the perfect area, he rarely gets a chance to unload his great shot.

Super Mega

Jun 29, 2013
I love kules but he lost his scoring touch. Its going to hurt watching him go to another team, he is easily the most versatile player the leafs have and you will see the effects next year on the team, especially on the PK

TMLegend

May 27, 2012
Somewhere
Bottom line: He's replaceable from within at a fraction of the cost. Would of been nice to get an 2nd round pick for him but what can you do.

HonestHockey*

D'Amigo, Ashton, Holland, maybe even a guy like Leivo depending on how training camp goes next season.

You're kidding right? What will amount to career AHLers replacing a proven NHL veteran who plays a role on his countries National team?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad