Nikolai Khabibulin

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
I still definitely think he has enough skill to play well, but I also think he should work on his positioning.

BlackhawksHawkey

Apr 12, 2011
Vancouver Island, BC
I think he's trying to much. Many times during the games against Tampa and Ottawa you could see him taking himself out of position to trap a 50/50 puck in front of the crease. Exhibit A for this is the OT winner in Tampa. He just needs to let the game come to him.

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
I see Raanta's save percentage at Rockford is .926. Looks good to me, give Khabibulin one more chance and if he sucks it might be time to make the change.

RFIP

I LOVE CRAWFORD!
Mar 6, 2011
I've been a Khabibulin fan but to me he looks done. In fact I expected yesterday to read they re-called Raanta but it didn't happen.

That said, I trust Q implicitly so I'm fine deferring to him on all personal issues.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
I'd play Raanta in the NHL already... but I've seen him play before he signed with the Hawks and wanted them to sign him

Johnny HFBOARDS

Trade you!
Dec 10, 2011
Earth
It would rock to see the Bulin Wall again in Winnipeg 1 more time, damn we had some great young players all at once.....

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
It would rock to see the Bulin Wall again in Winnipeg 1 more time, damn we had some great young players all at once.....

The Jets not giving Khabby the #1 job earlier cost them playoffs in 95 lockout season IMO

Tim Cheveldae was so terrible at that point it was clear to anyone watching who was best option for Jets

Of course your coaches/management thought differently

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
I'm surprised he never chose to go to the KHL considering his age and the fact that he hasn't had a chance to start in a while, but hey good for him for wanting to stick it out in NA.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
Maybe he knows his body couldn't handle the load of playing 45+ games a year? That he's a backup at best at this stage of his career? We'd start Raanta over him if Crawford goes down for months.

Hawksfan2828

Mar 1, 2007
Libertyville, IL
I will say I'm impressed with guys that can play at a professional level into their 40's....

Think about this - some guys playing in the NHL today weren't even born when Khabby started his first game for the Jets...

n7

Oct 15, 2011
Edmonton
I was happy to see him gone in Edmonton since we knew he was done.

But then we got LOLbarbera, who is even worse...

At least you have a solid starter, but yeah, Khabby isn't really good for much anymore.

SLarmer28*

Meanwhile, the goaltending down in Rockford has fallen apart.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
I will say I'm impressed with guys that can play at a professional level into their 40's....

Think about this - some guys playing in the NHL today weren't even born when Khabby started his first game for the Jets...

Not so sure that applies to Khabi..

hockeydoug

May 26, 2012
3 more starts before quitting on him. Hawks racking up points, they can be a little patient.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
For a team that has missed the POs the last few years, having a goalie with 91% isn't that bad while he has won them few games. He wouldn't be worse than what Khabby has shown so far.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad