Injury Report: Niklas Kronwall: On LTIR; Earliest return Feb. 13

DanZ

Mar 6, 2008
Kronwall is still an improvement over Kindl, Smith, Ericsson but maybe his role should be reduced some, especially at even strength. DeKeyser has looked good with those minutes.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Kronwall will be a massively welcomed addition to this team. I hope his knee is much better, but even still his ability to take some tough matchups and the experience he brings will add to this lineup when he gets back.

We are a better team with Kronwall it is just that simple. His dip in play was hopefully in a large part due to injury, but even still he offers things to this team, we are better with him in.

Mijatovic

Jan 23, 2014
Western Australia
Not sure I follow or agree. Our defence has been much better since hes been out.

People are just happy to maintain the status quo of Kronwall as our #1 when he just doesnt justify the tag either defensively or offensively.

19 for president

Apr 28, 2002
A healthy Kronner would help this team but I think putting him on the 2nd pair and 2nd pp wouldnt be bad. In terms of offense Green is a much better QB than Kronner. Kronner can play the rover role well but he is not a QB. Defensively, I'm pro letting him ease back into things. Much like it took Dats awhile to get his legs back, it will be so for Kronner.

I just pray they don't sit Marchy when he gets back.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Not sure I follow or agree. Our defence has been much better since hes been out.

People are just happy to maintain the status quo of Kronwall as our #1 when he just doesnt justify the tag either defensively or offensively.
Don't know if I agree with "much better". you also have to consider that when a guy like Kronner goes down, it often causes all the other guys to sort of step up and be at their best. Montreal did just fine without Price...for a time. The question is not whether we can survive without Kronner for a few weeks, it's how we do without him after a month or two, or in the playoffs.

Kronwall's minutes at ES were already reduced before this, and Green was getting some looks on the 1st PP. It's not like we were rolling Kronner out there 25 minutes per game. He is still probably our best overall d-man, but Green is better offensively and Dekeyser better defensively at this point.

SunDin

Dec 22, 2008
any words on what kronner is up to atm? Is he even on ice training by himself yet?

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
Who's this Niklas Kronwall you speak of? Is he some hot prospect of ours? :sarcasm:

skate skate skate

Apr 6, 2014
Europe
With how the team is playing without Kronner, there's no need to rush him back in to the line-up. Really hope he takes his time to get back to 100%, or as close as he can get.

any words on what kronner is up to atm? Is he even on ice training by himself yet?

I think he's been skating for about a week, and been practicing with the team one or two times. Would guess he's ready for the game on Thursday against Pittsburgh.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
I haven't been keeping up with the cap situation. Does Kronner coming back have any impact on the cap, or does Miller and Franzen being out solve all the issues?

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
I haven't been keeping up with the cap situation. Does Kronner coming back have any impact on the cap, or does Miller and Franzen being out solve all the issues?

Yep. Currently there isn't any cap problems for this season as long as Mule stays out.

Larkin Calder Trophy bonus would add a problem for next season, but that's another story.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida

Don't think there will be a problem with Kronwall coming off LTIR, I wouldn't be surprised when Kronwall comes off that Ericsson goes on LTIR the way Blashill talked Ericsson want be back any time soon still looks like he's going to be out awhile.

skate skate skate

Apr 6, 2014
Europe
Don't think there will be a problem with Kronwall coming off LTIR, I wouldn't be surprised when Kronwall comes off that Ericsson goes on LTIR the way Blashill talked Ericsson want be back any time soon still looks like he's going to be out awhile.

That's a possibility, he's already missed five games. If put on LTIR his earliest return is Mar 8, two weeks from today. Might be a good idea as this hip injury (if that's why he's sidelined) has been a lingering problem- gets some time off to heal and rest up.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Looking forward to him coming back. Expecting him to be better.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
That's a possibility, he's already missed five games. If put on LTIR his earliest return is Mar 8, two weeks from today. Might be a good idea as this hip injury (if that's why he's sidelined) has been a lingering problem- gets some time off to heal and rest up.

This is pretty much my thinking as well, If his hip is really bothering him that bad. Maybe take the rest of the season off. And try and get better for the playoffs. If his hip continues to keep giving him fits i'm wondering if he will eventually have to go the route of Franzen and just call it quits for the next 4 years and go on LTIR that would save us a little more then $8M in cap with both Franzen and Big Rig on LTIR it might've to be a possibility that he needs to consider.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad