Injury Report: Niklas Kronwall: On LTIR; Earliest return Feb. 13

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
Marchenko will be back, so everyone is happy, right? :laugh:

That's a tough loss. Look for Dekeyser and Green to step up in his absence.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
Well Jesus Christ.

As bad as he's been this season he's a damn sight better than E and Smith who now are much safer in their positions because Kronner has gone down. And yeah, this might be the return of Kindl. Hopefully not.....

Electric Eric

#91 To the Rafters!
Feb 10, 2014
Portland -> Netherlands
Well ****.

I know Kronwall has declined but this is still a big hit to our blueline. Well DDK lets see what you got.

Hope Kenny uses this time to evaluate the state of the defensive talent.

The Geelee

Jul 27, 2013
He's been pretty bad this season but this is still a big hit to an already weak defense with him in the lineup.

hyduK

Feb 21, 2009
I expect any more ES goals against this causes to be evened out by Green's presence on the 1st unit.

No but serious this sucks, still it's 2-4 weeks and there's an all star break during that so it could be worse.

Maybe this gets Kenny to pick up the phone.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
****. The odds of us trading for a vet rental at the deadline just went up 1000% I feel like.

chances14

Jan 7, 2010
Michigan
One thing we have going is that the all star break will take up at least one week of his recovery time. Probably why they decided to do it now

chances14

Jan 7, 2010
Michigan
I expect any more ES goals against this causes to be evened out by Green's presence on the 1st unit.

No but serious this sucks, still it's 2-4 weeks and there's an all star break during that so it could be worse.

Maybe this gets Kenny to pick up the phone.

Doubt it. unless it's a call to Grand Rapids to bring up kindl

Lampedampe

Feb 26, 2015
I'm pretty sure this didn't come out of nowhere, he has probably had knee problems throughout the season. Which could explain his drop-off in play, i mean previous two seasons he really looked like a 1#Dman, not in the elite tier but he was certainly a 1#D and this season he's looked more like a 2#D.

Knee surgery is pretty serious though, i don't know too much about it. Maybe scoping isn't that bad, but can't knee surgery set you back quite a bit? 2 weeks seems very optimistic even 4 seems optimistic, but who knows.

Worth noting is that we haven't been without kronwall for a longer stretch since 09-10, he's played pretty much full seasons since Lidström left. So this could really expose our defense imo. I hope Smith pulls it together, if not call-up XO asap he deserves it.

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007
I hate to say it, but I think our PP is about to improve with Green on the top unit now.

Time for the rest of the blue line to step up their games now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad