Rumor: Nikita Zadorov Would Welcome Move To Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
This is pure conspiracy theory.

The deal is done but they want Klingberg to play in Sweden as a favor and Zadorov wants to avoid flying to Europe due to being Russian. Thus the deal is on hold.
However, with Klingberg LTIR, they are reworking the edges of the deal since Leafs got more cap space.

Could be, but Klingberg didn't end up playing in Sweden and they could have traded for Zadorov and left him in North America to settle his affairs in Calgary...

Reactions: LeafSteel

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Could be, but Klingberg didn't end up playing in Sweden and they could have traded for Zadorov and left him in North America to settle his affairs in Calgary...
He didn’t play bc he was injured and if they traded for Zadorov for Klingberg plus and lost both games bc of using Benoit and Legesson, it will look stupid.

Strangle

May 4, 2009
View attachment 766772
View attachment 766773

iu

Almost every team in the league is up against the cap, it doesn’t mean you can’t make roster moves or trades for a variety of reasons.

I don’t understand why people even pay attention to the cap, it’s misleading

thusk

Jul 15, 2011
Chicoutimi
TJ Brodie back to Calgary @ $5 mil for Zadorov $3.750 mil = + $1.25 mil additional cap space and then allows the Leafs to carry an extra depth player.

yes for sure trading actual leafs #2 D for a McCabe 2.0 will make leafs so much better...

Zadorov is not an upgrade over McCabe and will just bringing the same thing than McCabe already doing in this roster.

Reactions: kb and arso40

GoonieFace

Jun 24, 2013
The Matrix
yes for sure trading actual leafs #2 D for a McCabe 2.0 will make leafs so much better...

Zadorov is not an upgrade over McCabe and will just bringing the same thing than McCabe already doing in this roster.
Agreed. If you are adding to the D, you need a bonafide number 2 (not the bathroom kind). Problem is, they usually are not available through free agency and trade capital is high.

Mar 26, 2010
Zad is NOT worth a 1st or 2nd round pick. He is a bottom pairing D man. If Calgary wants a 3rd or 4th rounder for this guy who publicly wants out, then sure. If not dont go anywhere near him.

No way this deal is done. If Tre trades a 1st or any good prospect for this guy he should be fired.

The Leafs need a real legit top 4 D man.

thusk

Jul 15, 2011
Chicoutimi
Agreed. If you are adding to the D, you need a bonafide number 2 (not the bathroom kind). Problem is, they usually are not available through free agency and trade capital is high.
trade capital could be high but uf leafs want to have a real shot for a stanley cup and if spend high capitam its the only way, they still should look that way

Last edited:

13pacheco31

Jan 17, 2014
What they need is a solid stay at home defenceman to play with Rielly like a Schenn. Probably should have targetted Connor Murphy instead of McCabe last year

thusk

Jul 15, 2011
Chicoutimi
What they need is a solid stay at home defenceman to play with Rielly like a Schenn. Probably should have targetted Connor Murphy instead of McCabe last year

rielly dont need anyone to babysit hjm.... Schenn was not a solid stay a home D. he was a physical D 6th dman. He didn't became miraculously a top D because rielly made him look great....

-you can keep rielly with brodie, it will be fine
-you can send Mccabe with him will be fine
-can send liljegren with rielly, will be fine
-can send giordano with rielly and wilk be fine..

dont dont need to trade to get a rielly partner they need a d who can drive his own pair, helping rielly by reducing his ice time and keep him fresh

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002

First off, wild speculation on what was offered and for whom. Zadorov becomes an in the meantime move to help the Blueline. Gio is 40. Brodie needs to go down the line up. The search for a number 2 dman could take a while. I'd offer a 3rd and if they said no, it's over. If Brad offered a first this deal would be done yest. I bet he is after a bigger fish.

thusk

Jul 15, 2011
Chicoutimi
First off, wild speculation on what was offered and for whom. Zadorov becomes an in the meantime move to help the Blueline. Gio is 40. Brodie needs to go down the line up. The search for a number 2 dman could take a while. I'd offer a 3rd and if they said no, it's over. If Brad offered a first this deal would be done yest. I bet he is after a bigger fish.

maybe toronto will not have any option as #2 until next summer, its a possibility.

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
Have come to the conclusion that I don’t want Zadorov unless Tanev is on his way as well. Can’t just have the big and violent borderline #4 guy. Need someone to take minutes away from Brodie and Zadorov won’t do that.

Ideally Tanev would knock down Brodie’s minutes and Zadorov would knock Gio out of the lineup entirely when Liljegren is healthy.

Reactions: Da Cool Rula

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Have come to the conclusion that I don’t want Zadorov unless Tanev is on his way as well. Can’t just have the big and violent borderline #4 guy. Need someone to take minutes away from Brodie and Zadorov won’t do that.

Ideally Tanev would knock down Brodie’s minutes and Zadorov would knock Gio out of the lineup entirely when Liljegren is healthy.

Gio is playing great right now... so is McCabe... it is weird that people want to spend a lot of assets for a player that is barely better (if better at all).

Zadorov is so overrated currently.

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
Gio is playing great right now... so is McCabe... it is weird that people want to spend a lot of assets for a player that is barely better (if better at all).

Zadorov is so overrated currently.

I do not trust Gio to maintain his current play for another 63 plus how ever many playoff games. He didn’t last year and there’s zero reason to believe this year will be different given he’s another year older and Keefe is using him just as much.

Reactions: Seath The Scaleless

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Calgary is two points out of a playoff spot with 2 games in hand. I don’t seem them in a rush to make them team worse right now.
Yeah but do they believe Edmonton is gonna stay in the gutter?

If we're being realistic - Edmonton probably eventually heats up and passes Calgary. They're 10+ points behind the top-3 of the division.

Niagara Bill

Oct 11, 2021
I am sure the reason Treliving signed Reaves was to attract other players who liked his room music he is famous for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad