Rumor: Nikita Zadorov Would Welcome Move To Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRumble

Feb 19, 2009
I don't know much about him but I really hope this isn't a repeat of the Ben Chariot trade.

Mar 26, 2010
Calgary wants 1st round picks and Nylander for that scrub. He is a very bad bottom pairing D man.

rumor also was 1st + Minton

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
Whats taking so long? He isn’t Drew Doughty.
I'm gonna go out on a limb and suggest that it might have something to do with the team having been in Sweden for a week.

it was reported yesterday that Zadorov trade talks are expected to pick up once Toronto returns from overseas. Reported by Kevin Weekes.

Darcy Tucker

My Name is Bob
Mar 23, 2008
Vaughan, Ontario
"The Maple Leafs have several intriguing prospects for Calgary to target, and now, a deal has been leaked that would send Abruzzese (a former Matt Coronato teammate), Holmberg, Klingberg and two picks, including Toronto's 2024 first-round pick for the pair at 50% retained." (For Zadorov and Tanev)

Interesting rumours out there. Is picking up 2 regular dmen even necessary with Timmins and Lilly due back?

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
"The Maple Leafs have several intriguing prospects for Calgary to target, and now, a deal has been leaked that would send Abruzzese (a former Matt Coronato teammate), Holmberg, Klingberg and two picks, including Toronto's 2024 first-round pick for the pair at 50% retained." (For Zadorov and Tanev)

Interesting rumours out there. Is picking up 2 regular dmen even necessary with Timmins and Lilly due back?

Where is this from? If it's reputable it's a deal that really works for us.

leafan11

Feb 13, 2010
Leafs cannot trade their first round pick this year . We have no picks for the next three years, it’s going to kill the franchise in the future. We’ve proved over the last 7 years trading away first rounders for band aid solutions doesn’t work.

Reactions: TimeZone

Darcy Tucker

My Name is Bob
Mar 23, 2008
Vaughan, Ontario
It’s from here. Doesn’t seem reputable at all.
I got my quote from some Calgary hockey news site on Facebook. You're right not reputable but they're saying it's a leaked proposal I guess there is some substance to it. I don't like moving Holmberg and the 1st but I do like the return and ditching Klingberg. We'll have to see how things shake down.

kb

Aug 28, 2009
Leafs cannot trade their first round pick this year . We have no picks for the next three years, it’s going to kill the franchise in the future. We’ve proved over the last 7 years trading away first rounders for band aid solutions doesn’t work.
This is the problem with many on this board. Most posters do not understand that in the contention cycle, there is a changing over from building (trading for picks) to contending (trading away picks to fill holes).

Yes, you do exactly that.....you trade picks to go for it when you are a contender. No matter what the lowest common denominators say on here, the Leafs are in the contending window.

But I suppose it is called HF, where non-stop building/rebuilding/trading all UFA's/never winning a cup is considered the holy grail.

For the record, they have 9 picks total in the 7 rounds in the 2024 draft, so....

Nick034

Dec 6, 2017
And just to add to your post KB we can get all the picks back when we decide to trade core four, whenever that might be. Time is now, in 5 years we might need to rebuild and that is when you start to sell your assets.

Reactions: kb
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad