Recalled/Assigned: Nikita Zadorov sent back to juniors

vcv

Mar 12, 2006
Williamsville, NY
Hopefully not declaring this too premature, but lots of reports of these two leaving the building, and reports of Grigs going back for sure...

For now, it's speculation..

SabresFan26

May 28, 2003
Visit site
It also sucks that Girgorenko won't even play in Quebec, he is going to move again to a new team because of the import rule

Deevo

Jul 25, 2006
Halifax, Nova Scotia
John Vogl ‏@BuffNewsVogl 4m
Can report the Sabres have made a call to Quebec coach about Grigorenko, but no official word on whether he is getting sent there. (1/2)

John Vogl ‏@BuffNewsVogl 3m
Quebec already has maximum of two imports, so Remparts would have 14 days to trade Grigorenko or one of other two (whom they like). (2/2)

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I'm curious if they can do a paper transaction to send him to Quebec while Boucher has time to find a trade partner, leaving MG around to workout in the facilities in the Boof.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
I'm curious if they can do a paper transaction to send him to Quebec while Boucher has time to find a trade partner, leaving MG around to workout in the facilities in the Boof.

If Quebec intends to trade/waive Grigo, I don't see why they'd have a problem with him working out here while they find him a new home.

SabresFan26

May 28, 2003
Visit site

They could do what the did last year and rotate guys until they trade one like they did with Kucherov. It has to be either Grig or Sorensen (ANA) that are traded though

CarlWinslow

@hiphopsicles
Jan 25, 2010
Winnipeg
Thank god. Give them a chance to play. They've seen the NHL. They know where the have to improve to succeed at that level. Now let them go work on it. It is about time.

McNabb, Ruhwedal and Adam can be called up if needed.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
Nikita Zadorov ‏@zadorov61

Back to London....

@SabresProspects

Nikita Zadorov heading back to London to join fellow Sabres prospect Brady Austin on Knights blueline. Will play 27-30 mins a night there.

Last edited:

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
If Quebec intends to trade/waive Grigo, I don't see why they'd have a problem with him working out here while they find him a new home.

I doubt they waive him when they can get assets for him, but that would be absolutely ideal. If he gets waived, I beleive he'd be able to go to the AHL, which I think is obviously a better development league for him.

sjci

Feb 13, 2007
Buffalo
@StephRDSJunior
Vient de croiser une bonne source qui confirme que Mikhail Grigorenko devrait revenir dans la #LHJMQ d'ici les prochains jours !

Translation
Just passed a good source that confirms Mikhail Grigorenko is expected to return to the #QMJHL in the coming days!

http://www.rds.ca/hockey/lhjmq/grig...sm:shared-content:twitter:1.687284.1384838658

Will Mikhail Grigorenko end the year in the NHL?

Apparently not. The Buffalo Sabres are preparing to return him to the QMJHL by what our reporter Stéphane Leroux has learned. An article in the Buffalo News on Monday was also mentioned.The Russian striker has only three points (2 goals, 1 assist) in 15 games this season.

Grigorenko then would go back with the Quebec Remparts. He had suffered the same fate last season.

SabresFan26

May 28, 2003
Visit site
extra good news besides Zadorov heading to London to be with Hunter, play 30 minutes in all situations, and a memorial cup run, we did not eat any of his ELC.

kenfury

Feb 5, 2011
I doubt they waive him when they can get assets for him, but that would be absolutely ideal. If he gets waived, I beleive he'd be able to go to the AHL, which I think is obviously a better development league for him.

If he gets waived and no one makes a claim he can go to the AHL. Someone will probably claim him.

RazielMoshman

Jul 10, 2012
UK
Seems fair. Bit worried about Grigorenko though, this is the second year in a row his tried to stick and not made it. I just haven't seen the energy from him and Nolan barely gave him a shot before sending him back. Curious more than anything else. This'll help Zad no doubt, I wasn't sure he was ready tbh.

LGBuffalo

Jan 9, 2011
E PA
Good news all around. Let the tank continue with the majority of veterans. It shows the organization which veterans could possibly stick around through the rebuild, while allowing the young guys to gain confidence and more playing time in other leagues. I was starting to become really concerned, as most of the young guys just didn't look ready, and you always worry about stunting their growth.

sjci

Feb 13, 2007
Buffalo
@SabresProspects 8m
Will Sabres use their two-week AHL conditioning stint first before dispatching Grigorenko back to QMJHL? Hope so.

Interesting

SabresFan26

May 28, 2003
Visit site
Interesting dynamic that giving these guys spots (especially Grigorenko) pissed off veterans royally. Another big downfall to Rolston and Regier was that the veterans were upset with them. One of the first things Nolan said was that you have to respect the veterans

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
I'd imagine Grigorenko is going to the AHL for conditioning. I doubt the Sabres or Buffalo want to have him come sit around while they figure out a trade.

sjci

Feb 13, 2007
Buffalo
If Grigorenko is sent down for a 2 week stint now before being sent to the QMJHL, he would get in 6 games for the Amerks.

Nov 20 - H WBS
Nov 22 - H UTI
Nov 23 - A UTI
Nov 27 - H HAM
Nov 29 - H LW
Nov 30 - A TOR

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad