Nikita Zadorov Discussion Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tweaky

Solid #2
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2009
Singapore/Thailand
I notice that when a thread derails,it generally gets called back into focus by one of the mods rather quickly. Except when the subject is how crappy the development system is, (or how bad Sakic is at his job, or what is wrong with the scouts, coaches, etc.).

The Z situation is getting annoying even to me. But I am firmly in the camp that the 2 year deal is moderate overpayment to get him to agree quickly, and now both sides are trying to work out a long term deal that is fair to both sides. But I still hope to hear that it is finalized in the next 48 hours or so.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Everything that can be said about this situation has been said a hundred times over. Now that the KHL threat is officially over, there's not even any Zadorov talk worth having until we either get final numbers or camp starts without a deal inked.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Everything that can be said about this situation has been said a hundred times over. Now that the KHL threat is officially over, there's not even any Zadorov talk worth having until we either get final numbers or camp starts without a deal inked.

This is why there was strip club talk.

member 116861

I notice that when a thread derails,it generally gets called back into focus by one of the mods rather quickly. Except when the subject is how crappy the development system is, (or how bad Sakic is at his job, or what is wrong with the scouts, coaches, etc.).

The Z situation is getting annoying even to me. But I am firmly in the camp that the 2 year deal is moderate overpayment to get him to agree quickly, and now both sides are trying to work out a long term deal that is fair to both sides. But I still hope to hear that it is finalized in the next 48 hours or so.

giphy.gif

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
15-20 points, game changing hits, great defence off the rush, and better defensive zone play is what I hope to see from Zadorov this year. Handling the puck more and trying to be a catalyst would be a bonus.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com

I can not allow to stray at all if that's what you prefer. It's summer and it's tiring to tell people to get back to the topic constantly but if you think there's some sort of agenda here then I'll happily close this thread up and we don't have to continue it at all and we can keep every topic contained to its appropriate thread. Nobody seems to want to talk about Zadorov anyway so whenever he signs there can just be a thread for that.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Well we're at 900 posts, let's hope he signs before we get to 1000 on whatever's going on now. We're pretty much through the contract topic, just waiting for the announcement...

Tweaky

Solid #2
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2009
Singapore/Thailand
I can not allow to stray at all if that's what you prefer. It's summer and it's tiring to tell people to get back to the topic constantly but if you think there's some sort of agenda here then I'll happily close this thread up and we don't have to continue it at all and we can keep every topic contained to its appropriate thread. Nobody seems to want to talk about Zadorov anyway so whenever he signs there can just be a thread for that.

The point was that when the topic strays to an area you (or RL or others, not singling you out specifically) like talking/reading/arguing about (development sucks, or asset management sucks, or whatever), it keeps on going. But on threads where the OT is about something you have little or no interest in, it gets reined in quickly. I do not have an issue with topics flowing organically. And development is still a somewhat relevant topic in a thread about a 22 year old defenseman. But I like consistency. Let them all grow and flourish (at least during summer; as you said, it is a boring time of year).

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
They were literally talking about strip clubs.

If it's a players thread, especially their draft thread then I see it more as an archive or a resource like the yearly draft threads so I don't like the topic to stray there vs. on going threads that are a mix such as the Around the League thread. Other conversations get more heated I ask to go back on topic to diffuse the situation. It is not because I don't like the topic. But I understand consistency is important and I agree.

Now let's get back to the topic of Zadorov and when the stars align for an announcement. Maybe they are waiting for the eclipse.

Tweaky

Solid #2
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2009
Singapore/Thailand
They were literally talking about strip clubs.

If it's a players thread, especially their draft thread then I see it more as an archive or a resource like the yearly draft threads so I don't like the topic to stray there vs. on going threads that are a mix such as the Around the League thread. Other conversations get more heated I ask to go back on topic to diffuse the situation. It is not because I don't like the topic. But I understand consistency is important and I agree.

Now let's get back to the topic of Zadorov and when the stars align for an announcement. Maybe they are waiting for the eclipse.

Luckily that is not far off :)

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
It's really disappointing that we all apparently need to be dicks to each other, especially the mods. We have 30 other NHL fan bases against us, no need to do their work for them.

DarioinDenver

Jun 19, 2002
Denver, CO
Visit site
It's really disappointing that we all apparently need to be dicks to each other, especially the mods. We have 30 other NHL fan bases against us, no need to do their work for them.

I think it's healthy and OK to debate other Avalanche fans about aspects of the team. If it goes in to personal attacks it's unproductive and frankly a bore. Also, it's August after a 48 point season and this is kind of inevitable. But yeah, a lot of passive aggressive shots. HFboards is better than...er, the #Avs board is better than that.

madman

Deadmarsh Deli Dills
Jun 6, 2009
Steamboat Springs
As I said in one of the other threads where things were getting feisty - just remember, our team might really suck, but we sure don't!

:cheers:

madman

Deadmarsh Deli Dills
Jun 6, 2009
Steamboat Springs
We're a dedicated bunch. We'll look back on these days fondly - "I was there for the dark days, Avs HFBoards summer 2017 - it was so bad, we had to eat each other!" - this is when Kyle Dubas' wunderkind son is running the team, coached by a reborn Kerby Rychel. Bandwagon fans abound, they won't really know just dark these days were. No, that's not an eclipse reference.

Until then, embrace the pain.

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
There's a reason I've been somewhat MIA this summer. I'm fine with discussion and debate between us, but the constant bickering gets really tiresome. I'm as frustrated with this team as anyone but there's just so much of people taking shots at each other, including the 2 mods attacking each other often, that it makes it unenjoyable to be here. I love coming here to discuss the team (good or bad) but there arguing has just gotten beyond old.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad