Nikita Zadorov Discussion Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Sabres fan here, wondering how Zadorov's doing. We could really use him on our backend (though he'd probably suffer mightily in Bylsma's awful system :shakehead), but getting RoR was very much needed, as well. Hope the Avs can turn it around soon!

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Sabres fan here, wondering how Zadorov's doing. We could really use him on our backend (though he'd probably suffer mightily in Bylsma's awful system :shakehead), but getting RoR was very much needed, as well. Hope the Avs can turn it around soon!

Been the bright spot on our team lately. Been his usual self and just abusing players and improving overall this year. Still makes a big mistake per game it seems, but he's developing as well as he can on a team like ours.

AvsGuy

Hired the wrong DJ again
Sep 13, 2002
Regina, SK
Damn that highlight reel of hits is nice to see. He does have quite the size and reach, hoping he puts it all together for this team because he could be flat out dominant.

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
Really wish we had first half Beauchemin from last year as a safety blanket for Zads. He's made a lot of good strides defensively compared to last year, still makes that one massive mistake a game, but that's considerably better. If he can up his conditioning and keep working on that mental focus he'll be a top-pairing Dman sooner rather than later.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
I love how clean 95% of Z's hits are too... A lot of guys his size have trouble avoiding hitting smaller guys in the head.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
I don't get it either, the guy scored 3 points in the last week too.

Yeah it's like he lost a bet, and now has to be the one to find a way to stir **** up. They must be running out of story lines.

You know what would be a good story line though? How well Zadorov is doing... lol.

Either that or Zadorov showed up to the rink this morning with a box of doughnuts, and didn't give one to Frei lol.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Something like "We were premature in declaring that Zadorov was trending up"

I don't fully remember, but something about how people may have said too soon that Zadorov is turning the corner at 21, obviously implying that he's not doing well.

Oh man. Even though Z's had some gaffes, he couldn't have picked a worse time to say that one.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Hopefully he got enough backlash for it.

Not that Zadorov is already a stud by any means, still a long way to go. But he absolutely has turned a corner in his play compared to the start of the season.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
It also just makes no sense. He tweeted this yesterday, after not having nearly a week's worth of games when he said just last week that there were encouraging things from Z. If that's his opinion, whatever but I'm just saying logically it doesn't fit. If he thought a week ago he was doing some good things why did he decide yesterday that was premature?

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
What was the Frei tweet?

A major #Avs question now is whether we were way premature in saying Zadorov was turning corner at 21.

— Terry Frei (@TFrei) January 30, 2017

When I looked at my post I could still see the text, so that's exactly what he said. Funny that he deleted it. Just proves how much of a moron he is considering he wasn't even remotely prepared to back it up.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Zadorov is my man crush. He's higher on my list than Morrissey, Crouse, Little and Radulov.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad