Prospect Info: Nikita Tryamkin | VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Can't find the $2m number, but the $1m number is from 2018-9, and his role has increased significantly since then (i believe he's signed 2 contract extensions since then).
If he’s making $2 mill usd in Russia I don’t see the Canucks paying him the equivalent in pre tax money to equal what he takes home if that $2 mill number is accurate.

CpatainCanuck

Sep 18, 2008
Can't find the $2m number, but the $1m number is from 2018-9, and his role has increased significantly since then (i believe he's signed 2 contract extensions since then).

I couldn't see Tryamkin's name in this list. But according to this release on December 20 2020, salaries are going down in the KHL, and there were only 15 players in the KHL making a base salary of 75 million Rubles or more (1,008,553 USD). The highest salary is 120 million rubles (1,613,686USD).

Новый рейтинг зарплат КХЛ. 85 самых дорогих хоккеистов лиги

Reactions: ChilliBilly

bandwagonesque

I eat Kraft Dinner and I vote
Mar 5, 2014
You definitely didn’t miss the overall point there bandy.
Oh, I paid attention. You started out arguing Stralman as a comparable, then conceded he wasn't, then claimed the comparison being wrong actually strengthened your argument. I didn't mention it because other posters pretty much had it covered.

Also -- if you're complaining about the length of a contract, the fact that you don't actually know how long that contract is ... kind of seems relevant? Am I too old-fashioned? Help me out here.

Last edited:

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
Oh, I paid attention. You started out arguing Stralman as a comparable, then conceded he wasn't, then claimed the comparison being wrong actually strengthened your argument. I didn't mention it because other posters pretty much had it covered.

Also -- if you're complaining about the length of a contract, the fact that you don't actually know how long that contract is ... kind of seems relevant? Am I too old-fashioned? Help me out here.

Stralman was the closest comparison to Myers during the 2019 offseason. Given PoM’s comment that I was responding to (Myers’ contract was fair value at the time), you need a comparable to judge what was fair at the time. Stralman was the closest comparable (unless you can prove otherwise). That’s how you judge contracts — by what their peers received. If Stralman isn’t a good comparable, then PoM’s comment has no basis.

Yes, I was off by one year. That does not negate the point being made unless you want to be crowned King of the fringe point again.

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
Avtomobilist finally won a game in their first round playoff series. Tryamkin was pointless, +2 in the 2-1 win. 19:01 TOI.

(Zhukenov was pointless and even in 14:51.)

Reactions: theguardianII

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
Stralman was the closest comparison to Myers during the 2019 offseason. Given PoM’s comment that I was responding to (Myers’ contract was fair value at the time), you need a comparable to judge what was fair at the time. Stralman was the closest comparable (unless you can prove otherwise). That’s how you judge contracts — by what their peers received. If Stralman isn’t a good comparable, then PoM’s comment has no basis.

Yes, I was off by one year. That does not negate the point being made unless you want to be crowned King of the fringe point again.

How many crowns can fit on one head?

As many angels on the pin of a needle?

Last edited:

Catamarca Livin

Jul 29, 2010
Yeah but Russia and Vietnam are two VERY different countries that speak DIFFERENT languages
? lol watched Forrest Gump a couple days ago with my 10 year old and had to argue with him the next day whether Forrest was a fictional character. "but guys did save others in Vietnam". Yes they did, and yes Russia and Vietnam speak different languages. love your posts, I believe you are border line genius but may be wrong and you could be border line Forrest. Either way you are great.

JanBulisPiggyBack

Dec 31, 2011
Yeah but Russia and Vietnam are two VERY different countries that speak DIFFERENT languages

the only reason why they speak two different languages is BECAUSE Forrest defeated the commies in Vietnam and stopped the Russians from taking over, so technically you are not right but also not wrong

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
It's been four years. He's not coming back.
You know why he will be back? And maybe before the end of the season?
Because the new GM might recognize that this guy has been waiting for Benning to make decisions for more than a year and instead of signing a longer term contract signed a one year deal that expires as soon as the playoffs end.
Here is one reason for the Canucks to be interested;

LineTypeMinutesGamesxGoals %xGoals ForxGoals AgainstxGoals For
Per 60 Minutes
xGoals Against
Per 60 Minutes
VAN.png
Hughes-Myers
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
D89.12835.6%3.25.82.153.9
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Tryamkin at 3 mil a season, can't lose

Last edited:
Reactions: ChilliBilly

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
? lol watched Forrest Gump a couple days ago with my 10 year old and had to argue with him the next day whether Forrest was a fictional character. "but guys did save others in Vietnam". Yes they did, and yes Russia and Vietnam speak different languages. love your posts, I believe you are border line genius but may be wrong and you could be border line Forrest. Either way you are great.
Brock Boeser

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Yep, 'life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're going to get'. Never mind that in real life, as a mentally challenged Viet Nam war vet, Forrest Gump would likely have ended up living under an overpass somewhere. But I guess if you don't like your history, you make a movie and change it all.

Posters do realize that Tryamkin will just turn 27 when the 2021-22 season gets underway. He still has a lot productive seasons ahead of him. If they can get him at the right price, he's still an upgrade on their blueline depth.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Yep, 'life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're going to get'. Never mind that in real life, as a mentally challenged Viet Nam war vet, Forrest Gump would likely have ended up living under an overpass somewhere. But I guess if you don't like your history, you make a movie and change it all.

Posters do realize that Tryamkin will just turn 27 when the 2021-22 season gets underway. He still has a lot productive seasons ahead of him. If they can get him at the right price, he's still an upgrade on their blueline depth.
What is the right price for him to want to come over?

I would imagine he'd take a 1 year deal given that he turns 27 this season but after July 1, so he still has the 21-22 season as an RFA season. Again, comes down to what he's truly making playing in Russia. What is the equivalent of what he needs to make here, to equal what he takes home in Russia? That's going to include what he expects Escrow to run at? 15%? $2 mill less 15% brings it down to $1.7 million, then less taxes equals what? Compared to what he would make in Russia for example? Is this amount worth it for him to leave Russia?

Canucks1096

Feb 13, 2016
On a decent hockey team like the Jets, Myers was basically a fifth d-man. Every time they tried to move him into a top four role with top-four minutes because of injuries, he basically flopped. It's the major reason the Jets just let him walk.

Up steps Jimbo with a $6m contract over five years. Everybody in hockey said it was an 'overpayment'. But Benning knows best, then again maybe not. Because it's not much different that coughing up valuable assets to acquire Gudbranson, and then anointing him as a top-four d-man (he wasn't close).

So if Myers is playing top-four minutes for the Canucks, it basically means they must be a bad hockey team.

It really depends on what your definition of a 5th D is. If you want to call him a 5th D because he is playing on the third pairing then I guess he could be called a 5th D based on your definition. It is kind of silly if you don't look at anything else

On a team 1st and 2nd best D don't always play on the 1st pairing, 3rd and 4th best D don't always play on the 2nd pairing. Most teams spread out of the three pairings.

Part of this season Schmidt was playing with Myers, Edler with Chatfield and Benn with Hughes on the third pairing. If these pairings were kept together. Are you going to called Hughes number 5D? Of course not, Sopel played on the 1st pairing with Ohlund. So you think Sopel is a number 1/2 D? of course not. Salo was on the third pairing a lot, Is salo a number 5 D? Of course not.

Myers with the Jets he was 2nd to 4th in ice time every season. Played on the 2nd unit pp and PK unit. These three were clearly better than Myers, Buff, Trouba and Morrisey. Chiarot at that time wasn't better than Myers. Myers played on average 5 more mins than him Chiaort and more on special teams as well. That means the coach didn't see Chiarot more valuable than Myers. Myers was clearly number 4 on the depth chart.

You're right Myers did struggle when he was moved in the top 4. He did play a lot better on the top 4 with Morrisey. Struggle with Chiarot, The thing with Myers he is a number 4, he is not good enough to carry a pairing with a lower end D in the top 4. He needs to be paying with a legit top 4 D in the top 4.

Anyway, at least we were making progress. In the blues series you did say Myers a number 6, now a number 5 D. Maybe next time you will call him a number 4 D.

Depending on how to deep the D is. Myers is anywhere from number 4 or 5 D. At least half he will be a number 4.

Last edited:

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki

Love the movie one of my favorites. But if you want to get really twisted, try reading the book. Seriously, it is out of this world in more ways than one. For one thing, in it he can't read or write, but is a physics genius. 2ndly, he goes up in a rocket with a genius gorilla. There is a very good reason it was not a successful book.

And I still think Try is coming back this year on a 2 year stint $2.5 - 3 M. It would have been a tad more if not for covid.

deckercky

Oct 27, 2010
If Tryamkin is willing to come back for 2 x $2.5m, I'd be all over it. Still a risk, but a worthwhile risk.

If he fits, the team could solidify the left side for years going forward, which is a big hole for the team.

I also want to see a Tryamkin - Myers pairing.

Reactions: MarkMM

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
The other thing not being mentioned ... he has a big upside, he could end up being a top 2 guy. He has all the tools. And size which tends to relate to endurance. And he is playing in the number 2 league in the world, on a good team, as their top minute guy.

I don't understand the negativity.

He was playing decently when he was here, people were upset when he left, and willie treated him poorly. Lots of DMen hit their stride in the 25 - 28 yr old range. He's 26. We are getting him in his prime.

Street Hawk

Feb 18, 2003
Visit site
The other thing not being mentioned ... he has a big upside, he could end up being a top 2 guy. He has all the tools. And size which tends to relate to endurance. And he is playing in the number 2 league in the world, on a good team, as their top minute guy.

He was playing decently when he was here, people were upset when he left, and willie treated him poorly. Lots of DMen hit their stride in the 25 - 28 yr old range. He's 26. We are getting him in his prime.
I'm skeptical because he wasn't in great shape when he arrived. Now that he's older and has been a pro for a few more years, has he learned how to get into better condition to play in the NHL?

The other point is whether he has the desire to return to the NHL.

The last one is contract. What is it going to take to get him over here. Probably takes a minimum of $250K more in take home pay vs what he makes in Russia. So, what is that number against the salary cap?

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
Tryamkin played 26:06 today in Avtomobilist's 4-3 overtime loss. He had one goal and finished +1.

(Zhukenov played 18:01, was pointless again, and was -1.)

Avtomobilist now trails 3-1 in the series.

deckercky

Oct 27, 2010

You are assuming his development all fits the NHL game. Obviously, he's thriving in the KHL, but that does not mean he will do the same in the NHL (lots of players are successful in the KHL then can't make the KHL, or flame out in the NHL, then find success in the KHL).

It is irresponsible to think he definitely will be an impact player in the NHL. I think there's a good chance he can show himself to be a legit #4, but it's far from guaranteed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad