Prospect Info: Nikita Tryamkin | VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
The other thing not being mentioned ... he has a big upside, he could end up being a top 2 guy. He has all the tools. And size which tends to relate to endurance. And he is playing in the number 2 league in the world, on a good team, as their top minute guy.

I don't understand the negativity.

He was playing decently when he was here, people were upset when he left, and willie treated him poorly. Lots of DMen hit their stride in the 25 - 28 yr old range. He's 26. We are getting him in his prime.

I see it as people simply hedging their emotions.

I don't see anyway he DOESN'T come back after his season is done. Everything points in that direction for me... Has been since he left.
And considering how NHL capable he looked prior to leaving, I'm excited about the experienced vet we would be getting with 4 more pro seasons under his belt.

Nor do I think he would command anything over $2.5 mil.

Reactions: ChilliBilly

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
I'm skeptical because he wasn't in great shape when he arrived. Now that he's older and has been a pro for a few more years, has he learned how to get into better condition to play in the NHL?

The other point is whether he has the desire to return to the NHL.

The last one is contract. What is it going to take to get him over here. Probably takes a minimum of $250K more in take home pay vs what he makes in Russia. So, what is that number against the salary cap?

The "he wasn't in shape" narrative is probably overblown. He's 6'7" who is comfortable carrying more weight on his frame. While he skates well for his size, he's a guy that relies on his positioning. We don't need him to try to emulate Quinn Hughes. He's not Chara or Pronger and if he comes back the Canucks should let him play to his strengths.

Reactions: ChilliBilly

Nona Di Giuseppe

Jul 14, 2009
Coquitlam
The "he wasn't in shape" narrative is probably overblown. He's 6'7" who is comfortable carrying more weight on his frame. While he skates well for his size, he's a guy that relies on his positioning. We don't need him to try to emulate Quinn Hughes. He's not Chara or Pronger and if he comes back the Canucks should let him play to his strengths.

It's not a narrative if they guy was gassed in camp and gassed in his first games, which he was. His fitness wasn't on the level as some other prospects.

Nona Di Giuseppe

Jul 14, 2009
Coquitlam
The other thing not being mentioned ... he has a big upside, he could end up being a top 2 guy. He has all the tools. And size which tends to relate to endurance. And he is playing in the number 2 league in the world, on a good team, as their top minute guy.

I don't understand the negativity.

He was playing decently when he was here, people were upset when he left, and willie treated him poorly. Lots of DMen hit their stride in the 25 - 28 yr old range. He's 26. We are getting him in his prime.

"Could be a # 2 guy?" ... in what world ? It's not negatively; it's reality.

He's 26 and, is what he is, at this point. A 26 year old with "upside" is a long shot chance he pulls a Sopel and takes an extra step mid-way through his 20s. That's very unlikely. Especially considering he's been playing in a lesser league.

Marcus Granlund, 8th in the league in KHL scoring could be our 2nd line center with that logic.

Just because time has past, doesn't mean he's developed. In fact, playing the NHL may have given him bad habits. He doesn't have to put in the effort and has more forgiveness for errors in that league.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
If Tree does come back, which I seriously doubt, how much does he sign for? 1.5 million and three years? Would he be Benn’s Replacement? He plays the right side.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
It's not a narrative if they guy was gassed in camp and gassed in his first games, which he was. His fitness wasn't on the level as some other prospects.

I only remember him having a pretty impressive debut. I don't remember him being gassed in his first games. Perhaps others can chime in.

If Tree does come back, which I seriously doubt, how much does he sign for? 1.5 million and three years? Would he be Benn’s Replacement? He plays the right side.

I think he signs a 1 year deal for $1M. More money than what Nesterov got to come back to the NHL. I would like to see $1-$1.5M AAAV for 2 years.

Reactions: Luckylarry

Diversification

Jun 21, 2019

His agent cited the Luongo recapture penalty as the reason he didn't sign last offseason. So from their POV, I would guess they're looking in that ballpark.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
His agent cited the Luongo recapture penalty as the reason he didn't sign last offseason. So from their POV, I would guess they're looking in that ballpark.
Isn’t that 3 million? Imo that’s way too much for Tree. If he won’t accept 1-1.5 I think he doesn’t come. He’s a UFA soon anyway, isn’t he?

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
The 'nucks have 1 more full season before he's UFA whether they sign him or not.

yep, I think they want to get at least 2 years on this contract; I don't want someone offering him $4 - 5 M x 3 - 4 years on the open market next year. Which is what I am predicting. I would gladly do $3M x 3 to take a chance on him.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
I really hope they bring in Tryamkin, for no other reason, than he'd be a compatriot for Podkolzin. If they sign Podkolzin and bring him in, and don't make any more signings of Russian players in the off-season, he'd be the only Russian player on the roster.

We saw how well that worked when Tryamkin was the only Russian playing (or trying to play) on Willie Desjardins' teams. A huge language barrier; not much support from the coach or in the dressing-room. The next thing you know, the guy is back in Russia.

Reactions: JimmyJiveJones

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
I really hope they bring in Tryamkin, for no other reason, than he'd be a compatriot for Podkolzin. If they sign Podkolzin and bring him in, and don't make any more signings of Russian players in the off-season, he'd be the only Russian player on the roster.

We saw how well that worked when Tryamkin was the only Russian playing (or trying to play) on Willie Desjardins' teams. A huge language barrier; not much support from the coach or in the dressing-room. The next thing you know, the guy is back in Russia.
To be fair, Tryamkin made zero effort to learn English....Most NHL Russian players I've seen , at least try..?

VancouverJagger

Not trying to fit in
Feb 26, 2017
Vancouver - Coal Harbour
I don't see how anyone can be negative about signing this guy. From what I recall when he was here he was a pretty good skater for someone his size. I have a friend in Russia who regularly attends his games and for the most part he's been a pretty decent player over there the last few years. If we can get him for anywhere near 2.5 or less on a short term contract we should be all over that.

Reactions: DL44 and LordBacon

LordBacon

CEO of sh*tposting
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Hong Kong
I think his time here is done,
but if they can get him to sign cheap with 1/2years I’m fine with that.
We are paper thin on D.

JimmyJiveJones

Jan 28, 2019
I love to see Tryamkin on this roster but the big problem i see is that we have soooo many leftys on D, Hughes, Schmitt, Joulevi, Rathbone, Edler if he re-signs and Tryamkin

orcatown

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
Potential is such that he has to be signed. Given his skating, size and experience he could be solid top 4 and you just can't not take a chance on losing something like that. Might really thrive in a smaller rink. Left side has only Joulevi (still unproven over any decent sample size), Rathbone (who hasn't played an NHL game yet) Edler ( near retirement) Hughes (struggling) and Tryamkin brings something many of these others can't.

Reactions: VancouverJagger

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
Potential is such that he has to be signed. Given his skating, size and experience he could be solid top 4 and you just can't not take a chance on losing something like that. Might really thrive in a smaller rink. Left side has only Joulevi (still unproven over any decent sample size), Rathbone (who hasn't played an NHL game yet) Edler ( near retirement) Hughes (struggling) and Tryamkin brings something many of these others can't.
Also we saw how effective his reach was in disrupting plays/rushes... And now with Myers we see again how awesome it is...

Having TWO of those guys with that kinda reach would make us pretty difficult to play against...

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
yeah I don’t care about that.
You need natural righties
We need good players. Not saying Tree can be successful here, but which way he shoots will not determine that. Great Russian teams of the past had no right shot skaters, or just one once in a while. Habs big three were all lefties. Tree is clearly not this level of player. Heck we have Benn, who is better on the right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad