Prospect Info: Nikita Tryamkin | VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
We need good players. Not saying Tree can be successful here, but which way he shoots will not determine that. Great Russian teams of the past had no right shot skaters, or just one once in a while. Habs big three were all lefties. Tree is clearly not this level of player. Heck we have Benn, who is better on the right.

I just thought he was right.
It makes it more noticeable now that we have the worst right shot defensive prospect pool in the league by far.

Reactions: Luckylarry

iceburg

Don't ask why
Aug 31, 2003
Just revisiting the cap situation this summer I don't think they will be able to sign him unless he's willing to take league minimum. Maybe the best solution is to get a pick for him or add him as a sweetner to get rid of Eriksson.

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
The "he wasn't in shape" narrative is probably overblown. He's 6'7" who is comfortable carrying more weight on his frame. While he skates well for his size, he's a guy that relies on his positioning. We don't need him to try to emulate Quinn Hughes. He's not Chara or Pronger and if he comes back the Canucks should let him play to his strengths.

Reactions: F A N

F A N

Aug 12, 2005

So he didn't show up to his first NHL camp in the shape expected of NHL players but by Game 5 he felt he was in shape. Poster @Christina Woloski stated that Tryamkin was gassed in his first few games. I don't remember that to be the case and remembered him having a pretty impressive debut. Do you have a different recollection?

Reactions: I am toxic

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
So he didn't show up to his first NHL camp in the shape expected of NHL players but by Game 5 he felt he was in shape. Poster @Christina Woloski stated that Tryamkin was gassed in his first few games. I don't remember that to be the case and remembered him having a pretty impressive debut. Do you have a different recollection?

If Tryamkin was gassed in his first handful of games, then all the more reason to keep and develop him. He looked fine in those games.

Unlike Chatfield, who presumably was not gassed, and did not look fine.

Reactions: F A N

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
Avtomobilist was eliminated from the playoffs today, losing their first round series 4-1. Tryamkin was pointless and even in the final game (a 3-1 loss), in 22:33.

(Zhukenov was also pointless and even, in 17:26, which I think might be the most he played in any game in the series (a series in which he went pointless).

Reactions: Lemmiwinks

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
I don't recall Tryamkin being gassed either.

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
I don't recall Tryamkin being gassed either.

I actually do. There were a few games where he was caught on the ice after pressure and he was sucking wind hunched over at centre ice on his way back tot he bench. He's clearly a guy who got by on his size and strength and didn't really need the conditioning until he found himself at the NHL level.

Reactions: DonnyNucker

I am toxic

Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
I actually do. There were a few games where he was caught on the ice after pressure and he was sucking wind hunched over at centre ice on his way back tot he bench. He's clearly a guy who got by on his size and strength and didn't really need the conditioning until he found himself at the NHL level.
More so than any other NHL'er hemmed in for a long shift? (honest question - I mean, my reputa. . well, you know)

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006

I remember him sucking wind as well...
I rememeber the very short shifts in the beginning, and us questioning the low usage... then realizing it was his conditioning after a short time.....

I'm pretty sure we could dig up some of his shift times in his early games... i remember them as short.

Edit :
A sample... shift chart from his first game from the 16-17 season... Nov 3rd..
NHL Stats Canucks-Sens Nov 3rd.

Last edited:
Reactions: WetcoastOrca

I am toxic

Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
I remember him sucking wind as well...
I rememeber the very short shifts in the beginning, and us questioning the low usage... then realizing it was his conditioning after a short time.....

I'm pretty sure we could dig up some of his shift times in his early games... i remember them as short.

Edit :
A sample... shift chart from his first game from the 16-17 season... Nov 3rd..
NHL Stats Canucks-Sens Nov 3rd.

So, pretty much as long or longer every shift than his partner, with the exception where Sbisa got caught on the ice.

Gassed, paired with Sbisa, and still incredibly noticeable in a good way.

Good thing we let that get away.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
His coach Bill Peters has riding Tryamkin like a rented mule for most of the season.....I'm guessing his ice-time was in the 25-30 minute range in a playoff elimination game.

Now what?.....I guess his contract is up at the end of April. But more like an off-season signing now if the Canucks decide to sign him at all.

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
His coach Bill Peters has riding Tryamkin like a rented mule for most of the season.....I'm guessing his ice-time was in the 25-30 minute range in a playoff elimination game.

Now what?.....I guess his contract is up at the end of April. But more like an off-season signing now if the Canucks decide to sign him at all.

You sure? we couldn't just bring him over?

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I got the impression somehow that he would have to pass through waivers in order to play this season. Could be wrong.
Is there a benefit to him coming over for him personally?

Like, doing that makes sense to burn an ELC year. But, he's an RFA so he's not limited to what he can sign for.

Only if he felt that by coming over for the final few games, that could potentially earn him a multi-year contract then he might consider it. But, no real value to him doing it this season.

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
Is there a benefit to him coming over for him personally?

Like, doing that makes sense to burn an ELC year. But, he's an RFA so he's not limited to what he can sign for.

Only if he felt that by coming over for the final few games, that could potentially earn him a multi-year contract then he might consider it. But, no real value to him doing it this season.
Cash Money....
There's a pretty significant benefit for both team and player in Tryamkin coming over this season

Kryten

slightly regarded
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
Kootenays
Cash Money....
There's a pretty significant benefit for both team and player in Tryamkin coming over this season
Id bet his wife wouldnt let him come here after already going through a season in Russia where they had little time together

deckercky

Oct 27, 2010
Cash Money....
Yeah - allows the team to give him more money that he wouldn't otherwise earn in the KHL. The only realistic question is whether he's a actually free agent. He may be on the world cup roster, which has the same issue as Tryamkin.

JimmyJiveJones

Jan 28, 2019
Id bet his wife wouldnt let him come here after already going through a season in Russia where they had little time together

Well they just had there first child in the summer. I see it being much harder for him to come over with out his wife and baby. And how hard will it be for his wife to raise the baby here on her own......

Catamarca Livin

Jul 29, 2010
Well they just had there first child in the summer. I see it being much harder for him to come over with out his wife and baby. And how hard will it be for his wife to raise the baby here on her own......
Multi millionaire in a poor country? If only there was a solution for them to help take care of a child. He might not want to come but it would not be a childcare issue.

Reactions: ihaveyuidonttouchme

Fedz

Sponsor
Jul 18, 2003
Behind the Bench
For those wondering in posts above, Tryamkin cannot play this season. (He may be eligible IF he passes waivers but doubt they go down that road)

The difference between BFG and Pod is Pod is signing his entry level contract while BFG would be signing his second NHL contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad