Prospect Info: Nikita Tryamkin | VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
Doesn’t sound like he’s too interested in playing best in best in the number 1 hockey league in the world. Why would he come here if he can make almost as good money in Russia, and he clearly is more comfortable there.
He waited around for months to sign, even way back in July the agent was already saying he couldn't sign anyone because of the cap.
He isn't here because Benning screwed the cap.
That is also why he signed a ONE year deal, he is available as soon as his team is finished IF he can payoff the last couple of weeks, other than that he is available April 1.
Signing him is the same situation as signing Podkolzin, he can't sign until April 1 unless his contract is bought out.
I don't think either will be signed at all until Benning is gone.

BTW Tryamkin is looking for less than 1/2 what Edler or Myers gets AND pretty similar to Stecher or Benn. That was hinted at by his agent.

Reactions: MarkMM

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
Right because Willie wouldn't gift him primo icetime when he didn't deserve it. Also remember he quit on the Canucks AFTER Willie was canned which I know ruins the excuse but still...
He quit, RIGHT!
He played out his contract.
Linden and Benning have a presser and state how important he is for the team's future
He had a press conference where he says he wants to stay.
4 hours later the Canucks make an offer
4 hours later he signs with Russia
Linden and Benning are dumbfounded, but remember they have been low balling all the younger guys.
Whatever the offer it must have appeared to be insulting and pissed him or his agent off. Remember they had leaked he didn't want to go to Utica even though is was in his contract he didn't have to go, Benning signed off on that clause. So here is a young naive player that was just manhandled by a coach that didn't like Russians because they took away AHL jobs. They did nothing to stop that from happening even once they knew they were firing Willie. So why would he believe anything told him especially if they lowballed him and he had an significant Russian contract waiting.
Maybe the Canucks should have tried harder to begin with.
Maybe Linden/Benning didn't believe anyone would ever flip leagues so they thought they owned him, actually they did.
So after how reports have his wife happy, him wanting to stay, these are words out of his mouth suddenly Benning says "maybe he got homesick" and the FANATICS and astro sufers get on board and sell he didn't like the city, all he said was you could smell the pot, it translates badly or how you want it to.
So after years of screwing up contracts is it not just possible this was another one? How many FA's got traded or re-signed, how often has it has been that it took too long?

This may have been the new regime's first successful astro surfing campaign, just keep stating a thing regardless of actual truth and enough of the people who don't bother to find out the truth will believe it.

It would be like me constantly pointing out the Benning has a grade 10 education and suffers from Post Concussion syndrome that is why his speech is slow and why he signs players with concussion histories, Ferland, Baerstchi, Rouseel, Beagle ....
Is it even correct or truth? If stated enough would it matter? Or just what people think?

You want an example of astro surfing, the Coyotes bankruptcy, all that is by law public domain. Now just try to find the court documents. Used to be easy. Why would you look? Because Bettman testified that there is only one entity, there is no competition between teams because it is an entertainment business. He actually testifies this under oath. But find it.

So now it is easy to hire astro surfers, they influenced a election, that was much bigger, but for Vancouver, hire a couple of companies, they set up groups to take over forums, phone in radio shows, throw a bunch of false leaks out there to undermine media. Cheap at the cost, just 200 or 300 K per year to control the message. C*C has employees in the front office.

Last edited:

iceburg

Don't ask why
Aug 31, 2003
He has been playing with the same KHL team since 2012/13 with effectively a one year stint in Vancouver 5 years ago. This has Chubarov and Koltsov written all over it.
IF he comes over, I will be interested. Until then...moving on. Way more interested in watching Rathbone, Woo, Juolevi, Rafferty and the D-man they are about to draft in the top 10.

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
He has been playing with the same KHL team since 2012/13 with effectively a one year stint in Vancouver 5 years ago. This has Chubarov and Koltsov written all over it.
IF he comes over, I will be interested. Until then...moving on. Way more interested in watching Rathbone, Woo, Juolevi, Rafferty and the D-man they are about to draft in the top 10.
Good idea, where are they? Hasn't it been years now waiting on them too? And none have 10 NHL games yet.
One other quick thing, he played here at 21 yrs old.

iceburg

Don't ask why
Aug 31, 2003
Good idea, where are they? Hasn't it been years now waiting on them too?
Yup. And it feels especially similar to Koltsov. Everybody was hoping he would come back over. It would never come to pass. At least Chubarov stayed a few years. But, basically, they were each more comfortable in Russian and were never going to come back.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Thats insane to think that its been 5 years since NT last played for the Canucks..He was a bright spot, on a pretty poor team..Its tough to say where he would fit in now ?...A 3rd pairing D man that does not play on special teams ?

Reactions: iceburg

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
Yup. And it feels especially similar to Koltsov. Everybody was hoping he would come back over. It would never come to pass. At least Chubarov stayed a few years. But, basically, they were each more comfortable in Russian and were never going to come back.
No offence but how long ago were these guys playing? 20+ years ago?
Who would they have bumped off the team then? There was no room for them.
Big difference between now and 6 hockey generations ago.
Why not go all out and mention Krutov?
I am sure there are several dozen NHL drafted players that decided to play in Europe rather than the AHL. In those leagues they are treated with some respect, in the AHL they are treated like slaves, when the coach says "jump" the player says "how high and when can I come down"

Nona Di Giuseppe

Jul 14, 2009
Coquitlam
He quit, RIGHT!
He played out his contract.
Linden and Benning have a presser and state how important he is for the team's future
He had a press conference where he says he wants to stay.
4 hours later the Canucks make an offer
4 hours later he signs with Russia
Linden and Benning are dumbfounded, but remember they have been low balling all the younger guys.
Whatever the offer it must have appeared to be insulting and pissed him or his agent off. Remember they had leaked he didn't want to go to Utica even though is was in his contract he didn't have to go, Benning signed off on that clause. So here is a young naive player that was just manhandled by a coach that didn't like Russians because they took away AHL jobs. They did nothing to stop that from happening even once they knew they were firing Willie. So why would he believe anything told him especially if they lowballed him and he had an significant Russian contract waiting.
Maybe the Canucks should have tried harder to begin with.
Maybe Linden/Benning didn't believe anyone would ever flip leagues so they thought they owned him, actually they did.
So after how reports have his wife happy, him wanting to stay, these are words out of his mouth suddenly Benning says "maybe he got homesick" and the FANATICS and astro sufers get on board and sell he didn't like the city, all he said was you could smell the pot, it translates badly or how you want it to.
So after years of screwing up contracts is it not just possible this was another one? How many FA's got traded or re-signed, how often has it has been that it took too long?

This may have been the new regime's first successful astro surfing campaign, just keep stating a thing regardless of actual truth and enough of the people who don't bother to find out the truth will believe it.

It would be like me constantly pointing out the Benning has a grade 10 education and suffers from Post Concussion syndrome that is why his speech is slow and why he signs players with concussion histories, Ferland, Baerstchi, Rouseel, Beagle ....
Is it even correct or truth? If stated enough would it matter? Or just what people think?

You want an example of astro surfing, the Coyotes bankruptcy, all that is by law public domain. Now just try to find the court documents. Used to be easy. Why would you look? Because Bettman testified that there is only one entity, there is no competition between teams because it is an entertainment business. He actually testifies this under oath. But find it.

So now it is easy to hire astro surfers, they influenced a election, that was much bigger, but for Vancouver, hire a couple of companies, they set up groups to take over forums, phone in radio shows, throw a bunch of false leaks out there to undermine media. Cheap at the cost, just 200 or 300 K per year to control the message. C*C has employees in the front office.

YIKES.

Reactions: theguardianII

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
Thats insane to think that its been 5 years since NT last played for the Canucks..He was a bright spot, on a pretty poor team..Its tough to say where he would fit in now ?...A 3rd pairing D man that does not play on special teams ?
No matter how bad the team was he was better than players on that team, Edler and Tanev that year, Gudbranson, Hutton and Stecher while playing with Willie. His +/- was second among defence. He hardly ever got OZone starts.
But he played, Edler still plays, Gudbranson still plays, Stecher and Tanev still play so no matter how bad the team, the players were still good enough.
People say Hughes will get better with another year under his belt, well the same for Groot, he will not likley be another Chara now but defensively well, I really hope they sign him ASAP. Even if this stupid management group decide they don't like him Boston is waiting in the wings. If he is good enough for them why not here? Because they are so much worse than the Canucks. After all why would a cup contender want a 6'8" 265lb defenseman with a 25' reach and skates like a 6' player and plays left or right side, that is just entering his prime? What good can he do being paid only 3 mil a year.

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
I am one of those posters that actually look into some of the astro surfed crap out there. So ya after every change negative more than positive, pages of references appear to cloud trying to find out yourself rather being led by the nose.
I try to be thorough in my comments and try very hard to be accurate as possible.

You will always know an astro surfer by comments like "prove it" or "source", because they know is can now take hours to find buried pages.
In Groot's case I know "a guy that knows a guy", well not quite that but another Russian Groot hung with a few times.
He was so naïve and trusting, Groot I mean. He wore his heart on his sleeve.
He took many "business" things as personal insults.
The team left him hanging in the wind once he moved here, they never reached out to help.
Sometimes having a source is hard because you don't want the source to know and you don't want him getting in trouble or were just told on the QT and asked not to say anything. Once or twice to even see fan reactions.
Astro surfers get bonuses for closing leaks, that is why some leaks are "ordered" by the team.

The Benning revisionist have hammered how bad a GM was that won 2 pres trophies, conference champs, division titles and cup appearance with the best winning record as being one of the worst GM's of all time, astro surfers got on it and for years it was Gillis's fault for not drafting in the top ten 5 or 6 times or finding rookies good enough to displace president cup winning teams.

Benning is the worst ever Van GM and 2nd in NHL league history.

iceburg

Don't ask why
Aug 31, 2003
No offence but how long ago were these guys playing? 20+ years ago?
Who would they have bumped off the team then? There was no room for them.
Big difference between now and 6 hockey generations ago.
Why not go all out and mention Krutov?
I am sure there are several dozen NHL drafted players that decided to play in Europe rather than the AHL. In those leagues they are treated with some respect, in the AHL they are treated like slaves, when the coach says "jump" the player says "how high and when can I come down"

hahaha, I had to comment (even though I said I didn't want to talk about Tryamkin) because of the not so veiled agism. It's ok though...you'll realize in a very short few years that you'll magically be on the other side of the question wondering where the H^%(&^ did the time go. I'll probably be drinking out of a straw by then.

The point was that Koltsov (drafted in 2002 and retired in 2019) was an eerily similar situation to Tryamkin. The difference is he played in the minors and didn't want to. Tryamkin refused an assignment to the minors. They both ended up going home.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
European born players prefer not to play in the A because they can play in a pro league back home. So, to me, they shouldn't come over until they are ready to make an NHL roster. Maybe Tryamkin wasn't fully prepared for what it took to make and stick on an NHL club with his conditioning.

If he preferred to return to the KHL over playing in the AHL, that is his option. If he wanted another shot in the NHL, but not with Vancouver, no issue with trading his rights to another team. But, so far it doesn't seem like that is the case. At some point, the Canucks will lose his rights. He was 20 in 2014 when he got drafted. So, he will turn 27 this summer I believe. Probably have his rights for another season then he'll be UFA in 2022. He would still need to prove himself in the NHL before any team gives him more than $1 million per season to play. Maybe he gets a bit more to $1.25 million or something, but it won't be much beyond that, and not for term.

Nov 1, 2011
Bring in Tray, Rathbone, and Woo. Myers, Benn, and likely Edler (unless he signs for under $2m - then Juolevi is in the press box) will be out.

It's dangerous but seems to be what will need to happen with the cap.

Edler - Schmidt
Hughes - Tray
Rathbone - Woo
Juolevi - Hamonic

How bad is that? Basically just swapping giraffes but if you can find a taker, would save $4m in cap.

CpatainCanuck

Sep 18, 2008
Bring in Tray, Rathbone, and Woo. Myers, Benn, and likely Edler (unless he signs for under $2m - then Juolevi is in the press box) will be out.

It's dangerous but seems to be what will need to happen with the cap.

Edler - Schmidt
Hughes - Tray
Rathbone - Woo
Juolevi - Hamonic

How bad is that? Basically just swapping giraffes but if you can find a taker, would save $4m in cap.

Nobody really knows how effective Rathbone and Woo can be in the nhl. Whether or not they can be more than fringe nhl players will only be known for sure once they play meaningful games.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Nobody really knows how effective Rathbone and Woo can be in the nhl. Whether or not they can be more than fringe nhl players will only be known for sure once they play meaningful games.
It’s pretty easy to see Bone is an NHL talent. His skating, puck skills, and hockey smarts are obvious. Woo, needs to improve his skating, and puck skills if he’s going to be an NHL player.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

Canucks1096

Feb 13, 2016
Watching the Canucks blueline night after night, it's almost impossible to believe that Tryamkin couldn't help them...I mean how bad does it have to be?

Myers makes $6m a season to be basically a 5-6 d-man on the depth chart. Edler is near the end; and Benn is past the end.. Hamonic is a one-year stop-gap; and Juolevi is still a huge question mark. Schmidt and Hughes are virtually the only proven, decent d-men they have.

I mean there's a reason why the Canucks are close to dead-last in goals allowed. You don't get there without a below average blueline. So what have they got to lose, giving Tryamkin another try in the NHL?

Yes the Canucks D as a unit is really bad however the main reason why it is bad is not because they don't have NHL D. Hughes Schmidt Edler Myers Hamonic Benn are all NHL D. For years they been NHL regulars with the exception of Benn last year but Benn has played a lot better this year. All those D won't have problems finding NHL jobs If they were an ufa.

The main issue they don't have enough legit top 4 D. Tryamkin is not a top 4 D so he won't fix that issue, the third pairing hasn't been much of an issue this year. He might be better than Benn but he is not better than Hamonic or Myers.

Sure it doesn't hurt to bring Tryamkin back, like I said if he signs a cheap contract. I don't mind having him back but don't expect him to move needle. A number 6 is not coming back is not much of a big deal.

I know this is off topic but Myers is not a 5/6 D. He is 2nd overall in mins, first in even strength mins, 2nd in points, only one of two D that plays regularly on both special teams. Myers is a number 4 D behind Hughes Schmidt Edler. A lot of people call him a number 5/6 because he is playing on the third pairing, that because to balance the pairings out. Similair to how Crawford uses Ohlund on the 1st pairing, Jovo on the 2nd pairing Salo in the third pairing. Back in 2003/2004 we wouldn't CALL salo number 5/6 D. No number 5 D on a team is 2nd in overall mins and 1st in even strength mins.

Have a great night.

Last edited:

Javaman

Jul 13, 2010
Vancouver
Yes the Canucks D as a unit is really bad however the main reason why it is bad is not because they don't have NHL D. Hughes Schmidt Edler Myers Hamonic Benn are all NHL D. For years they been NHL regulars with the exception of Benn last year but Benn has played a lot better this year. All those D won't have problems finding NHL jobs If they were an ufa.

The main issue they don't have enough legit top 4 D. Tryamkin is not a top 4 D so he not fix that issue, the third pairing hasn't been much of an issue this year. He might be better than Benn but he is not better than Hamonic or Myers.

Sure it doesn't hurt to bring Tryamkin back, like I said if he signs a cheap contract. I don't mind having him back but don't expect him to move needle. A number 6 is not coming back is not much of a big deal.

I know this is off topic but Myers is not a 5/6 D. He is 2nd overall in mins, first in even strength mins, 2nd in points, only one of two D that plays regularly on both special teams. Myers is a number 4 D behind Hughes Schmidt Edler. A lot of people call him a number 5/6 because he is playing on the third pairing, that because to balance the pairings out. Similair to how Crawford uses Ohlund on the 1st pairing, Jovo on the 2nd pairing Salo in the third pairing. Back in 2003/2004 we wouldn't CALL salo number 5/6 D. No number 5 D on a team is 2nd in overall mins and 1st in even strength mins.

Have a great night.

Myers was never worth $6M for five years. It doesn't matter if you think he's a legit #4 or not. It's yet another example of how Benning's wretched pro scouting has torpedoed the Canucks' chances of success.

But back to the topic at hand... I don't see how they'll be able to afford what Tryamkin wants next year anyways.

Reactions: Mr4legs

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016

The main issue they don't have enough legit top 4 D. Tryamkin is not a top 4 D so he won't fix that issue, the third pairing hasn't been much of an issue this year. He might be better than Benn but he is not better than Hamonic or Myers.

Have a great night.

Having the 2nd most ice time on a bad roster doesn't make you a legitimate #2 defenceman. Myer was 4th in average ice time during his last season with Winnipeg, behind Byfuglien, Trouba, and Morrissey. Myers is a #4-5 on a good team. The Canucks are a garbage team this year, as evidenced by the standings. Your logic is so bad that if we used it as the standard, Ben Hutton is a #2 based on the 2018-2019 season, and Pouliot is a regular NHL defenceman based on the 2017-2019 seasons. Out. To. Lunch.

Reactions: Peen

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
hahaha, I had to comment (even though I said I didn't want to talk about Tryamkin) because of the not so veiled agism. It's ok though...you'll realize in a very short few years that you'll magically be on the other side of the question wondering where the H^%(&^ did the time go. I'll probably be drinking out of a straw by then.

The point was that Koltsov (drafted in 2002 and retired in 2019) was an eerily similar situation to Tryamkin. The difference is he played in the minors and didn't want to. Tryamkin refused an assignment to the minors. They both ended up going home.
I saw the Canucks play at the forum. Actually I practiced there with the bla.....

The leak was from Willie, the contract was acknowledged Tryamkin was not required to go and if he was sent down he could go back to Russia instead. That was a similar clause in a few Canuck contracts. Benning agreed he didn't have to go. As it turned out Groot was right, 10 days skating and then Willie played him 20+ minutes and he excelled in that game proving he didn't need to go to Utica. All it was, was Willie hating Russian and thinking AHL players were better. That happens with career AHL coaches, they try to prove how good the AHL is, probably why Benning signed and traded for so many AHL players.

Reactions: Luckylarry

iceburg

Don't ask why
Aug 31, 2003
I saw the Canucks play at the forum. Actually I practiced there with the bla.....

The leak was from Willie, the contract was acknowledged Tryamkin was not required to go and if he was sent down he could go back to Russia instead. That was a similar clause in a few Canuck contracts. Benning agreed he didn't have to go. As it turned out Groot was right, 10 days skating and then Willie played him 20+ minutes and he excelled in that game proving he didn't need to go to Utica. All it was, was Willie hating Russian and thinking AHL players were better. That happens with career AHL coaches, they try to prove how good the AHL is, probably why Benning signed and traded for so many AHL players.
It was a weird situation for sure. And not handled properly. I still don't think Tryamkin's heart was in playing in NA with all things considered. I tend not to assign blame because, like with most things, there are two sides and "blame" is probably spread across all parties, if not equally. In any case, he's not here and, until he is, I'm perfectly happy watching the progress of the D-prospects in Utica.

Reactions: theguardianII

Canucks1096

Feb 13, 2016
Having the 2nd most ice time on a bad roster doesn't make you a legitimate #2 defenceman. Myer was 4th in average ice time during his last season with Winnipeg, behind Byfuglien, Trouba, and Morrissey. Myers is a #4-5 on a good team. The Canucks are a garbage team this year, as evidenced by the standings. Your logic is so bad that if we used it as the standard, Ben Hutton is a #2 based on the 2018-2019 season, and Pouliot is a regular NHL defenceman based on the 2017-2019 seasons. Out. To. Lunch.

I don't believe you read my post.

There is a word in psychology, I forget the name of it. That word means since you always disagree with me. When you're reading my post, you completely read something else because your mind is playing tricks on you. Your mind is telling you, you have to disagree with me.

If you read my post carefully. I didn't say Myers is a number 2 D. I did say he is a number 4 D behind Hughes Schmidt Edler.

You did write Myers is a 4/5 on good team. That means you agree with me that Myers is not a number 5/6 and disagree with Vanjack.

Btw ice time wasn't my only argument.

Have a nice day, next time read carefully, don't let psychology play tricks on you.

Have a great day.

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
I don't believe you read my post.

There is a word in psychology, I forget the name of it. That word means since you always disagree with me. When you're reading my post, you completely read something else because your mind is playing tricks on you. Your mind is telling you, you have to disagree with me.

If you read my post carefully. I didn't say Myers is a number 2 D. I did say he is a number 4 D behind Hughes Schmidt Edler.

You did write Myers is a 4/5 on good team. That means you agree with me that Myers is not a number 5/6 and disagree with Vanjack.

Btw ice time wasn't my only argument.

Have a nice day, next time read carefully, don't let psychology play tricks on you.

Have a great day.

Good GMs don't pay #4 dmen 6x6 contracts. And ice time doesn't determine how good a defenceman is, it speaks more to the (lack of) depth on a roster in this case. You're literally arguing quantity > quality here. Myers is prone to make mental mistakes multiple times a game that usually result in giveaways and high scoring chances, as well as taking way too many unnecessary penalties. He's just not that good. I would take him at $2-3 million long-term, or $3-4 million short-term. 6x6 is ugly and pretty unjustifiable.

Have a great night!

Reactions: Peen

Canucks1096

Feb 13, 2016
Good GMs don't pay #4 dmen 6x6 contracts. And ice time doesn't determine how good a defenceman is, it speaks more to the (lack of) depth on a roster in this case. You're literally arguing quantity > quality here. Myers is prone to make mental mistakes multiple times a game that usually result in giveaways and high scoring chances, as well as taking way too many unnecessary penalties. He's just not that good. I would take him at $2-3 million long-term, or $3-4 million short-term. 6x6 is ugly and pretty unjustifiable.

Have a great night!

You're debating by yourself and decided to changed the conversation as always. Me and Vanjack we were talking about the Canucks depth chart. On the Canucks and not on other teams. Yes ice time does matter. Myers is definitely more than 5/6 D on the Canucks If he playing that much mins

Sure ice time might not tell the story if you Determining what type of D Myers is. However If your whole career played more than 20 mins on good or bad teams. I think that gives some indication he is more than a number 5/6.D

You did say Myers is a 4/5 D on a good team. I agree with that. We will leave it at that.

Don't let psychology trick you. Debating about me saying Myers is a number 2 D which I never said. Lol

Have a good night.

Last edited:

JimmyJiveJones

Jan 28, 2019
I think you guys are arguing about different things here, I think we all know that Myers is basically the #4 guy here, that gets paid like a #2, that sometimes plays like hes the #6 guy.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Yes we are having different argument. 50 Sogs is always like that. You talk about one thing and starts to change the subject.

The conversation was like this

Vanjack said Myers is like number 5/6 on the depth chart here which I disagree and I said he like a number 4 D. My argument Myers can't be number 5/6 here because he is 2nd in ice time, 1st ES in ice time, 2nd in points and only one of two D that play both specials team regularly.

Then 50 sogs started to talk about Benning and his bad contract for no reason.
On a decent hockey team like the Jets, Myers was basically a fifth d-man. Every time they tried to move him into a top four role with top-four minutes because of injuries, he basically flopped. It's the major reason the Jets just let him walk.

Up steps Jimbo with a $6m contract over five years. Everybody in hockey said it was an 'overpayment'. But Benning knows best, then again maybe not. Because it's not much different that coughing up valuable assets to acquire Gudbranson, and then anointing him as a top-four d-man (he wasn't close).

So if Myers is playing top-four minutes for the Canucks, it basically means they must be a bad hockey team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad