Prospect Info: Nikita Tryamkin | VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
terrible suggestion.
Interesting your opinion differs so dramatically. I guess you believe hockey doesn’t have rough play, intimidation, and (and heaven forbid) fighting. Tree skates great. Handles the puck good, plays big minutes, is a monster, and he fights. Oh, he plays the right side. Love to see him out there with ?Hughes .

4Twenty

Dec 18, 2018
Myers is 'not' a better skater than Tryamkin.....he might have been a few years back.....but this version of Myers is slow and a turnover machine whenever he's under pressure. And it's only going to get worse going forward.
And Tryamkin is worse. Sorry to burst the bubble.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Myers is 'not' a better skater than Tryamkin.....he might have been a few years back.....but this version of Myers is slow and a turnover machine whenever he's under pressure. And it's only going to get worse going forward.
Disagree there..Myers is a really good skater for his size...Tryamkin is a good skater too, but slower and less agile than Myers.

Reactions: sting101

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
I don't know how Tryamkin's changed since leaving for Russia, but he was faster than Myers currently is the last time he played for us, IMO.

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
Regardless of who skates faster, I'd rather have Tryamkin instead of Myers. He'd probably be just as, if not more, effective. Not to mention the difference in what we'd probably be paying.

Izzy Goodenough

Oct 11, 2020
My current understanding is that the Nucks don't have to protect Tryamkin in the upcoming Seattle expansion draft unless he plays 7 games or more for the Nucks this year.

Guess who will play 8 games this year?

CpatainCanuck

Sep 18, 2008
My current understanding is that the Nucks don't have to protect Tryamkin in the upcoming Seattle expansion draft unless he plays 7 games or more for the Nucks this year.

Guess who will play 8 games this year?

Hypothetically if Tryamkin shows well enough in 8 games to deserve protection that is a win for the Canucks. If he doesn't show well enough to deserve protection the canucks just won't protect him and he probably won't get claimed by Seattle.

Reactions: bh53

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Hypothetically if Tryamkin shows well enough in 8 games to deserve protection that is a win for the Canucks. If he doesn't show well enough to deserve protection the canucks just won't protect him and he probably won't get claimed by Seattle.
How in heck does Tryamkin play any games for us prior to the Seattle expansion draft?
Love to see him here, of course, but we would have to get him here May 1, and make the playoffs, no?

CpatainCanuck

Sep 18, 2008
How in heck does Tryamkin play any games for us prior to the Seattle expansion draft?
Love to see him here, of course, but we would have to get him here May 1, and make the playoffs, no?

I don't know how likely it is Tryamkin signs with the Canucks, but he has 4 regular season games left in the KHL season, and his team is in the last playoff spot. His season will probably be over in 3 weeks.

Reactions: Luckylarry

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
I don't know how likely it is Tryamkin signs with the Canucks, but he has 4 regular season games left in the KHL season, and his team is in the last playoff spot. His season will probably be over in 3 weeks.
God, trade Benn, and use that cap space to sign Tree. Or Sutter or Pearson. Trade anyone of those three coming UFAs and get Tree over here. Hire Larionov right friggin’ now as our President. Let’s get this team headed in the right direction.

CpatainCanuck

Sep 18, 2008
God, trade Benn, and use that cap space to sign Tree. Or Sutter or Pearson. Trade anyone of those three coming UFAs and get Tree over here. Hire Larionov right friggin’ now as our President. Let’s get this team headed in the right direction.

Yeah...the Canucks D is so bad right now that Tryamkin doesn't even have to be that good to be an upgrade on the bottom pairing.

Reactions: MarkMM and vanuck

barriers

Feb 10, 2020
I think Tryamkin may already be ineligible to play in the NHL this season. There is a cutoff date for unsigned RFAs (it would be mid-December in a normal year) to be signed if they want to play in the NHL that season.

Nona Di Giuseppe

Jul 14, 2009
Coquitlam

Benn. The guy is currently higher on the ladder than Juolevi and Hamonic and is arguably playing playing better than Myers? And for just 2 mil ? That Benn?

You know Trymakin isn't that good right?

Reactions: Grumpy1

Nona Di Giuseppe

Jul 14, 2009
Coquitlam
Regardless of who skates faster, I'd rather have Tryamkin instead of Myers. He'd probably be just as, if not more, effective. Not to mention the difference in what we'd probably be paying.

this is you looking at the contract and not the player. trymakin is not as good as myers, who actually skates well for a guy his size.

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
this is you looking at the contract and not the player. trymakin is not as good as myers, who actually skates well for a guy his size.
I mean in a capped league it's not as though you can separate the player from his contract. Even if there was a small dropoff, the savings in cap alone would allow you to get better elsewhere.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
I swear if the Canucks waste more money on defensemen like Jordie Benn, and it costs them a chance to sign a d-man like Tryamkin, then Canuck fans should strike Benning off their Xmas card list permanently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad