Prospect Info: Nikita Tryamkin | VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canucks1096

Feb 13, 2016
Not sure what all the fuss is about, he is no more than a number 6 D. He can't even move the puck and make a first pass. He loves to ice the puck.

Reactions: Grumpy1

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
Tryamkin had two assists today in Avtomobilist's 3-0 win. He was +3 in 17:06, which is less ice-time than he usually gets.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Not sure what all the fuss is about, he is no more than a number 6 D. He can't even move the puck and make a first pass. He loves to ice the puck.

A sixth d-man? Currently the Canucks #6 d-man is either Benn, Juolevi or Hamonic....take your pick.

I mean I get that a lot of posters are 'down on Tryamkin'. But seriously, if he isn't better than any of those guys, then the Canucks should just leave him in Russia.

Canucks1096

Feb 13, 2016
A sixth d-man? Currently the Canucks #6 d-man is either Benn, Juolevi or Hamonic....take your pick.

I mean I get that a lot of posters are 'down on Tryamkin'. But seriously, if he isn't better than any of those guys, then the Canucks should just leave him in Russia.

I never been a fan of Tryamkin, I always thought he was overrated. I honestly don't even think he is better d that the 3 guys you listed. If they resign him for cheap, I don't mind but it is not big deal if he stay in Russia,

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Has the man even expressed interest in returning to the nhl over the past couple of seasons even before Covid? He turns 27 in 2021. But not until after July so I don’t think he would qualify for ufa.

Reactions: bh53

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
Has the man even expressed interest in returning to the nhl over the past couple of seasons even before Covid? He turns 27 in 2021. But not until after July so I don’t think he would qualify for ufa.
"According to Diamond, he and his client simply ran out of time.

“But we never got into any substantive discussion (with the Canucks) in any case,” he said. “Very general, never the nitty-gritty.”

“We know they have a mess on their hands, with the flat-cap world, with Roberto Luongo sitting there,” he said, referring to the US$3-million cap recapture penalty that’s further diminishing the Canucks’ ability to spend."

“If he wasn’t committed, we wouldn’t have waited,” Diamond said.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
I never been a fan of Tryamkin, I always thought he was overrated. I honestly don't even think he is better d that the 3 guys you listed. If they resign him for cheap, I don't mind but it is not big deal if he stay in Russia,
Watching the Canucks blueline night after night, it's almost impossible to believe that Tryamkin couldn't help them...I mean how bad does it have to be?

Myers makes $6m a season to be basically a 5-6 d-man on the depth chart. Edler is near the end; and Benn is past the end.. Hamonic is a one-year stop-gap; and Juolevi is still a huge question mark. Schmidt and Hughes are virtually the only proven, decent d-men they have.

I mean there's a reason why the Canucks are close to dead-last in goals allowed. You don't get there without a below average blueline. So what have they got to lose, giving Tryamkin another try in the NHL?

iceburg

Don't ask why
Aug 31, 2003
I'm pretty disinterested in the Tryamkin drama. I was hoping he would come over again but circumstances have kinda passed him by. If I'm not mistaken the Canucks have one more year of control. Next year won't be a great year because they still have Luongo and 3 or 4 other bad contracts on the books. The following year it's not unreasonable to think that Juolevi will have solidified his spot in the top 6, Hughes will be eating major minutes, and Rathbone will have shown why everyone is so high on him. Add Schmidt, a likely high end pick this year that could be looking to crack the line-up, and Woo knocking on the door and you have 7 D that need ice time. He won't come over for a 1 year contract and also not if he thinks he's going to be a 7 or 8 on the depth chart. Sure it would be good for the team if they had the additional depth here but I'd much rather go with the younger guys and less drama.
It's only recently that I've considered that Woo, Rathbone and Juolevi have legitimate shots at NHL jobs. I was predicting that 2 of the 4 (including Rafferty) would be fantastic but unlikely. After seeing these guys play this year I don't think it's unreasonable to think that you'll see 3 of these in the line-up as early as next year.

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011

There is a certain group of fans that refuse to listen to context, logic reality etc. and still (for some reason) believe this guy is gonna be a top 4 dman and the next Chara.

His bad attitude is all Willie's fault, the fact that he talked shit about the city is somehow irrelevant and the fact that he isn't even a top 4 dman in a lesser league is completely ignored.

Some even have him penciled in our top 4 next year even though he hasn't even signed. :help:

Reactions: Megaterio Llamas

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
He will be decent 4 - 5 D man. don't understand the negativity. Big bodies have some advantage and he's huge. His skating is decent. A lot of posters are butt hurt because he decided that Russia was better than playing on an ELC. You are mad because he made an intelligent decision?

Hughes Schmidt Juolevi Myers Tryamkin and Rathbone a pretty decent core for the next 20 - 25 years. With maybe re=signing Edler and Woo and 3 or 4 Fins in the wings as well.

Hoglander

I'm Höglander. I can do whatever I want.
Jan 4, 2019
Midtown, New York
He will be decent 4 - 5 D man. don't understand the negativity. Big bodies have some advantage and he's huge. His skating is decent. A lot of posters are butt hurt because he decided that Russia was better than playing on an ELC. You are mad because he made an intelligent decision?

Hughes Schmidt Juolevi Myers Tryamkin and Rathbone a pretty decent core for the next 20 - 25 years. With maybe re=signing Edler and Woo and 3 or 4 Fins in the wings as well.

Ha. funny typo. Could you imagine Myers and Schmidt playing well into their 50's? oh man...

Actually, if Benning is still GM at that point, I could see it

Peter10

Dec 7, 2003
Germany
I don't know how likely it is Tryamkin signs with the Canucks, but he has 4 regular season games left in the KHL season, and his team is in the last playoff spot. His season will probably be over in 3 weeks.

its about time he reaches UFA status so we dont have to explain it every year but since he is an RFA he will not be eligible to play in this season. This option only exists for rookies.
*this is of course only if they have changed the rules for the pandemic season.

Reactions: tyhee

Luck 6

\\_______
Oct 17, 2008
Vancouver
I’d take him back next year.

Edler-Schmidt
Hughes-Tryamkin
Juolevi-Myers

Seems half decent, with Rathbone slotting in for injuries. Next year is going to be a bit of a transitional year, I’d try to sign Tryamkin to a 2 year deal that could easily be bought out after a year if it doesn’t work out. By the year after, we’ll have a very good idea of where we’re at with our defensive core, and we can decide where best to spend our cap space.

Plus, it will help Podkolzin having another Russian team mate.

Reactions: ChilliBilly

deckercky

Oct 27, 2010
There was never going to be $3m to woo him back to North America, and I'm not sure he'd be worth that in the flat cap world.

I think the flat cap, max escrow world spelled the end of tryamkins NHL dream - he can make just as much in Russia at this point.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
I’d take him back next year.

Edler-Schmidt
Hughes-Tryamkin
Juolevi-Myers

Seems half decent, with Rathbone slotting in for injuries. Next year is going to be a bit of a transitional year, I’d try to sign Tryamkin to a 2 year deal that could easily be bought out after a year if it doesn’t work out. By the year after, we’ll have a very good idea of where we’re at with our defensive core, and we can decide where best to spend our cap space.

Plus, it will help Podkolzin having another Russian team mate.
Why are people hating on Rathbone here i really dont get this even if you want the Tryampkin in there then Juolevi beomes #7:

Rathbone Schmidt
Hughes Tryampkin
Edler Myers

Aug 3, 2005
Vancouver & OK Falls
Why are people hating on Rathbone here i really dont get this even if you want the Tryampkin in there then Juolevi beomes #7:

Rathbone Schmidt
Hughes Tryampkin
Edler Myers

I agree about Rathbone starting with the Canucks next season. Hughes walked right in
from college, and Rathbone is now having AHL time that Hughes never had. One could say
yeah, but Hughes is special, which is true. But Rathbone is a special case too. He'll be ready
for NHL duty on whatever pairing that the new coach decides to start him on. Why not? He's
a year older than Hughes, he's bigger and a lot more physical, has a rifle for a shot, skates at
high-end NHL grade, and is a smart student of the game. And it's not like the left side is packed
with All-Stars except for Hughes.

Luck 6

\\_______
Oct 17, 2008
Vancouver

Rathbone Schmidt
Hughes Tryampkin
Edler Myers

Im not hating on him. Juolevi is ahead of him currently in the depth chart, he was also starting to look good before he was taken out of the line up. If Rathbone surpasses him either this season or next camp, sure, put him in that slot.

The problem that we have is we have all of Rathbone, Tryamkin, and Juolevi all coming in at once. They’re all NHL caliber, but I would think Rathbone and Juolevi will have some growing pains as younger players. We can’t afford to have that many rookies, or close to it, patrolling our blue line at the same time. Plus, that’s a surplus of LHD. One of these guys may need to marinate a bit longer in the AHL, I’m thinking.

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
Im not hating on him. Juolevi is ahead of him currently in the depth chart, he was also starting to look good before he was taken out of the line up. If Rathbone surpasses him either this season or next camp, sure, put him in that slot.

The problem that we have is we have all of Rathbone, Tryamkin, and Juolevi all coming in at once. They’re all NHL caliber, but I would think Rathbone and Juolevi will have some growing pains as younger players. We can’t afford to have that many rookies, or close to it, patrolling our blue line at the same time. Plus, that’s a surplus of LHD. One of these guys may need to marinate a bit longer in the AHL, I’m thinking.
Have any of the above mentioned checked McDavid? Jamie Benn? Getslaf? Or best players on any other team?
Have any had the 2nd best +/- on the team before?
Have any of them stood up for their team mates in a scrum before?
Have any of them done it with no coaching or support from the team before?
Have any of them been an allstar in any league since they were 20 yrs old?
Have any been the Captain of their professional team?
Are any of them talked about how impressive their skating is?

You have to look at Groot's NHL highlights, those others don't have those.
Thrown into the NHL game with minimum practice on a small rink.
Everyone marveled at his skating ability, 6'8" but darts around like he is 6'
The intimidation factor.
He has been practicing the defensive game for two years now and is rewarded with the highest icetimes on his team and still has his team's best +/-.

For all the false hype and unreasonable excuses that posters who hate him because they were told to or drank the koolaid.

Wait to get him back into the fold, I can promise you he will be better than Edler and Myers, he already was when he was ignored by a coach and not coached at all, when he had to do it by himself.

You don't need to score to be a defenseman, Chara at 40 is still good but you do need to defend. Better to have a defenceman that has a plus 25 and only 10 points than a defenceman that has minus 25 but 35 points. The one is on the ice for 35 goals for and none against, the other is on the ice for 60 goals against.

Reactions: ChilliBilly

Luck 6

\\_______
Oct 17, 2008
Vancouver
Have any of the above mentioned checked McDavid? Jamie Benn? Getslaf? Or best players on any other team?
Have any had the 2nd best +/- on the team before?
Have any of them stood up for their team mates in a scrum before?
Have any of them done it with no coaching or support from the team before?
Have any of them been an allstar in any league since they were 20 yrs old?
Have any been the Captain of their professional team?
Are any of them talked about how impressive their skating is?

You have to look at Groot's NHL highlights, those others don't have those.
Thrown into the NHL game with minimum practice on a small rink.
Everyone marveled at his skating ability, 6'8" but darts around like he is 6'
The intimidation factor.
He has been practicing the defensive game for two years now and is rewarded with the highest icetimes on his team and still has his team's best +/-.

For all the false hype and unreasonable excuses that posters who hate him because they were told to or drank the koolaid.

Wait to get him back into the fold, I can promise you he will be better than Edler and Myers, he already was when he was ignored by a coach and not coached at all, when he had to do it by himself.

You don't need to score to be a defenseman, Chara at 40 is still good but you do need to defend. Better to have a defenceman that has a plus 25 and only 10 points than a defenceman that has minus 25 but 35 points. The one is on the ice for 35 goals for and none against, the other is on the ice for 60 goals against.

I agree with a good amount of what you've said here, but still, Tryamkin is unfortunately an unknown commodity until proven otherwise. My personal expectation? I think he should be able to hold a 4D role and likely at a discounted rate.

It just doesn't look good on paper, for a team that should be in playoff contention, that 3 of your defensemen have played a combined total of 94 career NHL games. Hopefully Juolevi progresses by this time next year, and Tryamkin can at least fill in reasonably well, and we may have the makings of a good blue line.

Hughes-Tryamkin
Edler-Schmidt
Juolevi-Myers

To me that looks reasonably solid IF Tryamkin establishes himself as at least a 3/4D and can play the right side, and Juolevi establishes himself as a 4/5D.

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
I agree with a good amount of what you've said here, but still, Tryamkin is unfortunately an unknown commodity until proven otherwise. My personal expectation? I think he should be able to hold a 4D role and likely at a discounted rate.

It just doesn't look good on paper, for a team that should be in playoff contention, that 3 of your defensemen have played a combined total of 94 career NHL games. Hopefully Juolevi progresses by this time next year, and Tryamkin can at least fill in reasonably well, and we may have the makings of a good blue line.

Hughes-Tryamkin
Edler-Schmidt
Juolevi-Myers

To me that looks reasonably solid IF Tryamkin establishes himself as at least a 3/4D and can play the right side, and Juolevi establishes himself as a 4/5D.
You have to understand that Tryamkin was the best defenceman on the team when Edler and Tanev were hurt, only Stecher came close and he was bounced around all over the place, leftside, rightside, with all the defence, played on the PK but not the PP.
You HAVE to look at his highlights and just remember, this was a KID that had no North America ice rink experience, hardly spoke english so much of his game is Hockey IQ, was ignored by the AHL coach, if anything he was being undermined by the AHL coach.
All those highlights in the NHL are from a ROOKIE.
Back then he met every hurdle, Willie pays him 25 minutes and he thrived and the next game 6 min and Willie throws him under the bus.
All the while Benning and Linden did nothing, didn't even give a call to see how they were doing on the home front.
There will be a lot of red faces when he comes here and is as good as Myers or Edler

Dab

Apr 17, 2017
You have to understand that Tryamkin was the best defenceman on the team when Edler and Tanev were hurt, only Stecher came close and he was bounced around all over the place, leftside, rightside, with all the defence, played on the PK but not the PP.
You HAVE to look at his highlights and just remember, this was a KID that had no North America ice rink experience, hardly spoke english so much of his game is Hockey IQ, was ignored by the AHL coach, if anything he was being undermined by the AHL coach.
All those highlights in the NHL are from a ROOKIE.
Back then he met every hurdle, Willie pays him 25 minutes and he thrived and the next game 6 min and Willie throws him under the bus.
All the while Benning and Linden did nothing, didn't even give a call to see how they were doing on the home front.
There will be a lot of red faces when he comes here and is as good as Myers or Edler
Doesn’t sound like he’s too interested in playing best in best in the number 1 hockey league in the world. Why would he come here if he can make almost as good money in Russia, and he clearly is more comfortable there.

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
Right because Willie wouldn't gift him primo icetime when he didn't deserve it. Also remember he quit on the Canucks AFTER Willie was canned which I know ruins the excuse but still...

It’s pretty clear Willie generally disliked Russian players. The only ones you can point to as examples ended up with poor treatment in Kovalchuk, Goldobin, and Tryamkin. I’m not saying it’s necessarily because they’re Russian (could just be based on their style of play), but that is one factor that they all had in common. Kovalchuk was the leading scorer on LA and he was put on the 4th line and taken off the power play when Willie arrived. Goldobin got benched after scoring his first goal as a Canuck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad