Prospect Info: Nikita Tryamkin | VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Tryamkin is better than Benn and Chatfield. Could’ve used him in a bottom pairing role easily.
Have to agree....makes you wonder if Benning had the benefit of a crystal ball and knew he was going to lose both Stecher and Tanev, whether he'd have tried harder to bring Tryamkin over for the coming season.

barriers

Feb 10, 2020
In terms of Tryamkin....I doubt he upends his life and moves to North America at this point unless there's a significant raise - so at least $2m but more likely $2.5-3m. Hes making about $750k today without escrow and at a lower tax rate, but he will still be in a position to demand a raise if he stays in Russia.

2021-22 will be the last year of control the Canucks have over him. He may be willing to bet on himself, take a lowball one-year deal to get himself back in the NHL, and hopefully get a bigger payday on a UFA deal for 2022 and beyond.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Another update

It is common knowledge the Canucks hope to sign Vasily Podkolzin when his KHL season is over in a few weeks but what about defenseman Nikita Tryamkin.

Last year the Canucks decided not to sign 26 year old and his season could be over in mid-March.

The Canucks were not willing to give Tryamkin a contract in 2020, it was the early stages of Covid, with no fans allowed at games and the team was in no mood to hand out 1 way deals.

Tryamkin’s agent Todd Diamond was not very happy, he felt the time was right for his client to return to the NHL and the organization had been laying it on thick directly with Tryamkin in the months prior.

Four months the Canucks made Tryamkin wait last year after his season ended and then after signing Jack Rathbone on July 14th, they told Diamond they would not sign Tryamkin.

How will talks go this time around with Diamond : "Nikita is playing for Avtomobilist now and is focused on winning games and competing in the KHL Playoffs, Nikita's future in the NHL will take care of itself. The Canucks had an opportunity to sign Nikita, Nikita patiently waited and unfortunately the Canucks let it pass."

Tryamkin returned to Yekaterinburg Automobilist in the KHL and is having a good season under former Calgary Flames coach Bill Peters.

Tryamkin is an RFA this season but after next season he will become a UFA, his goal is still to return to the NHL.

But will the Canucks sign Tryamkin this March when his season is most likely over, keep in mind, owner Francesco Aquilini still has not given Travis Green a contract extension, will he be in the mood to sign Tryamkin with no tickets being sold and no revenue coming in.

There are still those in the Canucks organzation that cant wait to see Tryamkin get a shot in Vancouver, his size and skating two of the big reasons why.

Yekaterinburg Automobilist Director of Hockey Operations Maxim Ryabkov tells me he is impressed with Tryamkin this season, "He is better than he was a year ago, he is one of the best defenseman in the KHL, his skating is great, he can go coast to coast. He has skating, skill, size, he can play in any league in the world."

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
Another update

It is common knowledge the Canucks hope to sign Vasily Podkolzin when his KHL season is over in a few weeks but what about defenseman Nikita Tryamkin.

Last year the Canucks decided not to sign 26 year old and his season could be over in mid-March.

The Canucks were not willing to give Tryamkin a contract in 2020, it was the early stages of Covid, with no fans allowed at games and the team was in no mood to hand out 1 way deals.

Tryamkin’s agent Todd Diamond was not very happy, he felt the time was right for his client to return to the NHL and the organization had been laying it on thick directly with Tryamkin in the months prior.

Four months the Canucks made Tryamkin wait last year after his season ended and then after signing Jack Rathbone on July 14th, they told Diamond they would not sign Tryamkin.

How will talks go this time around with Diamond : "Nikita is playing for Avtomobilist now and is focused on winning games and competing in the KHL Playoffs, Nikita's future in the NHL will take care of itself. The Canucks had an opportunity to sign Nikita, Nikita patiently waited and unfortunately the Canucks let it pass."

Tryamkin returned to Yekaterinburg Automobilist in the KHL and is having a good season under former Calgary Flames coach Bill Peters.

Tryamkin is an RFA this season but after next season he will become a UFA, his goal is still to return to the NHL.

But will the Canucks sign Tryamkin this March when his season is most likely over, keep in mind, owner Francesco Aquilini still has not given Travis Green a contract extension, will he be in the mood to sign Tryamkin with no tickets being sold and no revenue coming in.

There are still those in the Canucks organzation that cant wait to see Tryamkin get a shot in Vancouver, his size and skating two of the big reasons why.

Yekaterinburg Automobilist Director of Hockey Operations Maxim Ryabkov tells me he is impressed with Tryamkin this season, "He is better than he was a year ago, he is one of the best defenseman in the KHL, his skating is great, he can go coast to coast. He has skating, skill, size, he can play in any league in the world."

Lol peace buddy.

attitude has not changed at all. Not a guy I want in my team.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
It's an unfortunate circumstance but the economy has changed. This summer, Calgary signed Nesterov for $700k.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Lol peace buddy.

attitude has not changed at all. Not a guy I want in my team.
'No' to Tryamkin, because he got homesick four years ago and left for home? Seriously? The Canucks tried to violate his contract by sending him to the minors. Willie wouldn't play him; questioned his toughness; and the team was generally awful. But somehow it was the player who 'had a bad attitude'.

Do you have any idea how ridiculous that sounds?

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
Maybe sign him to a 2 way deal worth league min in the NHL and league min in the a too

If he doesnt like it theres a whole pile a sand at Kits he can pound

4Twenty

Dec 18, 2018
Have any of you guys even watched highlights of him in the KHL?

He looks like a big pylon.

Reactions: Grumpy1

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
Have to agree....makes you wonder if Benning had the benefit of a crystal ball and knew he was going to lose both Stecher and Tanev, whether he'd have tried harder to bring Tryamkin over for the coming season.

i am sure he would have done. i don't think he had authority to spend a nickel when that happened. the canucks were issuing cerb layoffs.

4Twenty

Dec 18, 2018
No team is going to move anything for him. Signing him to under $1.3m as a RFA requires no compensation not that I think any team is seriously looking at this giant pylon and plan to pay him over the league minimum.

Reactions: DonnyNucker

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
'The Canucks tried to violate his contract by sending him to the minors.

That's a weird way of putting it. The Canucks didn't "violate" his contract. Tryamkin had an European assignment clause which allowed him to choose to go back to Europe if he was to be assigned to the AHL. The Canucks had every right to assign him to the AHL and Tryamkin hasd every right to choose to go back to Europe if the Canucks go ahead with the assignment. The Canucks wanted to get Tryamkin some playing time. He refused to go. The Canucks kept him for the season.

Reactions: ChilliBilly

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
That's a weird way of putting it. The Canucks didn't "violate" his contract. Tryamkin had an European assignment clause which allowed him to choose to go back to Europe if he was to be assigned to the AHL. The Canucks had every right to assign him to the AHL and Tryamkin hasd every right to choose to go back to Europe if the Canucks go ahead with the assignment. The Canucks wanted to get Tryamkin some playing time. He refused to go. The Canucks kept him for the season.
Maybe Tryamkin’s wife would have actually been happier in Utica too? Smaller town and a lot colder (snowy) winters. Plus, way less travel for the team, so her husband (who clearly she missed a lot while the Canucks were on the road) would have been home a lot more. Would have, obviously, been way better for Tryamkin’s development too. Maybe there was a communication issue between the Canuck’s and Tryamkin?

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
I wouldn’t have much confidence with this team if I were Tryamkin. First they tender a contract that isn’t compliant with the CBA, then they can’t afford to sign him due to cap struggles. This, along with showing him Chris Pronger videos, probably makes the organization seem super Mickey Mouse to him.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
I wouldn’t have much confidence with this team if I were Tryamkin. First they tender a contract that isn’t compliant with the CBA, then they can’t afford to sign him due to cap struggles. This, along with showing him Chris Pronger videos, probably makes the organization seem super Mickey Mouse to him.
Tryamkin’s very young wife seemed (from some comments) really unhappy here. The team (imo) needed to make that young wife happy and want to stay. Then the husband would stay too. She wanted to get home, so (even if the hockey was good for the husband) he’s taking his young wife home. She’s a lot older now, so maybe she would adjust better to life here? Maybe our team is smarter now too, and would help the goofing players’ families fit in better too.

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
Seem?

Reactions: vanuck

Jack Burton

Pro Tank Since 13
Oct 27, 2016
Pork Chop Express
I believe trams signed a 1-way contract and he came to camp out of shape. Benning tried to send him down for conditioning and he refused. He then spent what...2 months practicing and working out with the team before he got into the line up.

DonnyNucker

Mar 28, 2017
Tryamkin’s very young wife seemed (from some comments) really unhappy here. The team (imo) needed to make that young wife happy and want to stay. Then the husband would stay too. She wanted to get home, so (even if the hockey was good for the husband) he’s taking his young wife home. She’s a lot older now, so maybe she would adjust better to life here? Maybe our team is smarter now too, and would help the goofing players’ families fit in better too.
This is amazing. Thank you for your post :) perhaps Tryamkin should have treated his wife better. Introduced her to players wives, help her find some hobbies? It’s not the organizations responsibility to coddle players families. If moving to new City to pursue your dreams is too hard then take your ball and run the f*** home. We don’t need a giant baby on our team, we have enough

supercanuck

Mar 2, 2016

So that's one more player unhappy with Benning's negotiating (or lack thereof) tactics this off season. Not a good look for the team.

Reactions: I am toxic

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
The contracts for Edler, Benn and Hamonic are all up at the end of the season. And based on early returns this season, it's not a 'given' that any of them will return. Edler is possible....but likely on a much reduced one-year contract.

So there's plenty of cap room to sign Tryamkin if they choose to do so. I suspect that was their intention all along.....just to get through this season and shed some salary at the end of it.

And with the NHL season delayed until almost mid-January, it made a lot more sense for Tryamkin to just return to the KHL for one more season.

But watching those KHL highlights, Tryamkin's team looked awful. Makes you wonder how long Bill Peters will survive behind the bench.

Reactions: ChilliBilly

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
That's some top notch player development I tell you what.

Zippgunn

May 15, 2011
Lhuntshi
'No' to Tryamkin, because he got homesick four years ago and left for home? Seriously? The Canucks tried to violate his contract by sending him to the minors. Willie wouldn't play him; questioned his toughness; and the team was generally awful. But somehow it was the player who 'had a bad attitude'.

Do you have any idea how ridiculous that sounds?

Tryamkin is the epitome of the entitled Russian. Willie didn't play him because he didn't play very well and, no, he wasn't tough at all considering his size. He won't accept a two way contract despite having proven nothing at the NHL level. He took his football and went home because he wasn't handed primo minutes and has sulked there for years now. Leave him there I say.

Reactions: Grumpy1

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
You definitely see where his agent is coming from with those quotes

If you dont give anybody contracts during covid, he'd be like OK i see your perspective

But they get Rathbone signed and he is like, Come again?

Unless the agent is asking for stupid money and years, which I doubt.

Reactions: vanuck
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad