Prospect Info: Nikita Tryamkin | VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
It still baffles me that so many posters have basically written this player off.....a 6'8" 250 pound d-man with that kind of mobility and skating would be valuable as nothing more than a shot-blocker and a net-front presence. I mean in the offensive zone, how is a team going to get a shot through him and to the net?

The guy also has the reach of a condor and along the wall, it's like hitting a cement truck. But I guess at the end of this KHL season, we'll find out once and for all whether the Canucks have any real interest in him.

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
Tryamkin is the epitome of the entitled Russian. Willie didn't play him because he didn't play very well and, no, he wasn't tough at all considering his size. He won't accept a two way contract despite having proven nothing at the NHL level. He took his football and went home because he wasn't handed primo minutes and has sulked there for years now. Leave him there I say.

God i get tired of this narrative.

1. He didn't want to go to the minors and get paid $70 K. Can you blame him?
2. The whining when he decided to go back to Russia doesn't fit with the narrative he was a bad hockey player. He was young kid with potential.
3. Every "decent" evaluation of him says he is a decent skater, not a pylon.
4. His size will be valuable to a team with Hughes and EP. We are not presently a tough team.

I want him back. I want him to get a fair salary, which I figure is about $2.5M for 2 years, then he re-signs for about $5M x 5 is my guess.

iceburg

Don't ask why
Aug 31, 2003
Benn's replacement. Though Benn has looked good enough to bring him back at $1.5x1

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
Tryamkin is the epitome of the entitled Russian. Willie didn't play him because he didn't play very well and, no, he wasn't tough at all considering his size. He won't accept a two way contract despite having proven nothing at the NHL level. He took his football and went home because he wasn't handed primo minutes and has sulked there for years now. Leave him there I say.
So its ok to brake the rules as long as its Anti Russian these days? Ive been down that road of misinformation before too Zippy

Reactions: Christina Woloski

4Twenty

Dec 18, 2018
God i get tired of this narrative.

1. He didn't want to go to the minors and get paid $70 K. Can you blame him?
2. The whining when he decided to go back to Russia doesn't fit with the narrative he was a bad hockey player. He was young kid with potential.
3. Every "decent" evaluation of him says he is a decent skater, not a pylon.
4. His size will be valuable to a team with Hughes and EP. We are not presently a tough team.

I want him back. I want him to get a fair salary, which I figure is about $2.5M for 2 years, then he re-signs for about $5M x 5 is my guess.
Tryamkin is going to be 27 when next season starts. Is a pylon in an easier league with less high end competition.

He’s not good. Wasn’t good when he was here previously.

He’s not even one of the better defensman in the khl.

Some people sure get blinded by heights and weights

cc

Feb 28, 2002
I'd like to give tryamkin another try as well. He isn't great defensively but he hits like a truck. His size should be an asset when playing against heavy teams like Vegas and st Louis. I just hope his skating is still good.

Zippgunn

May 15, 2011
Lhuntshi
Tryamkin is going to be 27 when next season starts. Is a pylon in an easier league with less high end competition.

You forgot to blame Willie D for his failure here...

F A N

Aug 12, 2005

I thought he was pretty good when he was here. But small sample size.

I guess you can say that I am blinded by heights and weights with Tryamkin, but the guy is 6'7" and 260+lbs and skates pretty well. He can separate guys from the puck. Utilized correctly, a Dman like Tryamkin can make an impact at the NHL level IMO. Is his skating worse than say Orpik in his prime or Cernak? I don't think so.

I'm not sure if he's one of the better defenseman in the KHL but quite frankly it doesn't matter. I've seen him play at the NHL level and to me if he is a better more mature version of what we saw he's a capable NHL defenseman.

Reactions: ChilliBilly

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
I thought he was pretty good when he was here. But small sample size.

I guess you can say that I am blinded by heights and weights with Tryamkin, but the guy is 6'7" and 260+lbs and skates pretty well. He can separate guys from the puck. Utilized correctly, a Dman like Tryamkin can make an impact at the NHL level IMO. Is his skating worse than say Orpik in his prime or Cernak? I don't think so.

I'm not sure if he's one of the better defenseman in the KHL but quite frankly it doesn't matter. I've seen him play at the NHL level and to me if he is a better more mature version of what we saw he's a capable NHL defenseman.
Its a shame he left when he did..He had his best game against Edmonton (which was his last NHL game)...Really good skater for his size.

Reactions: ChilliBilly

shottasasa

Nov 16, 2011
Canada
Off topic but I quite like those jerseys.

don’t think he’ll be back simply because I don’t think they’ll agree on salary. I think he’ll want $2m+ and the Canucks can’t afford that it won’t.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
I mean Chatfield/Benn/OJ/Myers all kinda suck anyway, I'd rather have a guy who can at least beat up on guys once in awhile just for entertainment's sake.

Reactions: Luckylarry

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Jimbo probably 'wants' to bring Tryamkin in, but will likely 'run out of time'. He'll become a UFA and sign with Calgary or Edmonton, and then we can watch him cream Hoglander and Pettersson night after night. Book it.

CanucksMJL

Context apologist.
Jul 6, 2009
I thought he was just fine in his short stint here. I was confused, as I often am, when new/young players are removed from the lineup in favour of veterans who seem to get roster spots based on reputation.

As for the off-ice drama, well, who knows? Even if there was any merit to it at all, that was years ago. People can and do mature during their 20s, many don't, but it's possible! :laugh:

Maybe we can slap a Myers jersey on him and send the giraffe on a European vacation.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
I defy anyone to convince me that Tryamkin could possibly be any worse than Tyler Myers right now. It's impossible. And even if he is, it's a lot more palatable to pay a big d-man $3m a season than the $6m Myers is making.

Reactions: Luckylarry
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad